• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe’s 5711 Nautilus Watch Returns in Tiffany Blue

peapods2

Known Member
14/7/12
I'll do a side-by-side for everyone once the PPF comes in. I ordered the 3KF as that was available first and I wanted to see if I'd like it. But every other Patek I have is from PPF without any complaints so I wanted to stick to the same factory.

Here are a few more shots of the 3KF in different light settings without a hard reflective light source.

In the last picture, how come the Tiffany text looks super thin?

Do you know the ETA on PPF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
In the last picture, how come the Tiffany text looks super thin?

Do you know the ETA on PPF?

Haha, whoa that is very weird. Must be the photo compression, all the text in general seems more defined in that photo. You can see the other photos I posted right after the phone pics to get a better idea.

No word from TD on the PPF yet. They're catching up from CNY and also just release it so it might take a little bit. The BUFF build likely wont be ready until mid/end March either.

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
I ordered my 3kf before CNY and got QC pics Feb 14th, but havent heard back (not sure if I am waiting on a new watch or what is going on. i just mentioned there might be a black speck and if he could check it out). Are any of you guys having any luck with getting 3kF tiffany QC from any TDs yet? I guess i just need to be more patient?
Also have 40th anniversary and standard blue, but no updates yet.

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
PPF Q/C Pics came today. Should receive it in a week now. I ended up not canceling the PPF just to see the quality difference. But have a feeling I'll end up keeping the BUFF over these two. Will review and provide photos when they arrive to share insight and knowledge.

Reactions: javicc

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Still can’t understand how people still ordering these PPF or whatever version they’re with that wrong and ugly Miyota movt when there’s a 3KF with clone movt out there. To each their own indeed… it’s just like ordering a Rolex Daytona with 7750 movt when there’s a clone movt available loool :)

Reactions: SuperLory

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Still can’t understand how people still ordering these PPF or whatever version they’re with that wrong and ugly Miyota movt when there’s a 3KF with clone movt out there. To each their own indeed… it’s just like ordering a Rolex Daytona with 7750 movt when there’s a clone movt available loool :)

100% agree… ppf does have a better quality bracelet though if it’s the same as other models I have. PPF is also ZF… Not sure about the dial who is better, but the 3KF rocks!!!

1e3f2c68d64becf39b7ca07a9f6b3bae.jpg

Reactions: Steve1111

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
100% agree… ppf does have a better quality bracelet though if it’s the same as other models I have. PPF is also ZF… Not sure about the dial who is better, but the 3KF rocks!!!

1e3f2c68d64becf39b7ca07a9f6b3bae.jpg

I got the buff version refinishing case/bracelet with Buff dial, hands & DW. I never see the gen, but I can assure that mine is not far from gen lol.

Reactions: TheDonSL

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
How do you guys pull of a 5 mil watch?
Not saying that you don’t have the funds for gen watches on retail or grey but this reference it is really unobtainable and everyone knows that
This doesn’t mean nothing actually but I’m curious :D

Reactions: tmp2018

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Not saying that you don’t have the funds for gen watches on retail or grey but this reference it is really unobtainable and everyone knows that

You don't. You wear it for the sake of novelty. This watch literally screams rep unless you happen to be flying in a private jet on the regular, have security with you, and/or are a famous as fuck jeweler. The obsession with trying to get a perfect rep is more an exercise in achieving some undefined "quality" rather than actually trying to get it to pass as an actual Patek.

Reactions: Steve1111

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia

It’s not a 5M watch, that’s the inflated hyped price. People all think you need to be super rich to own one. You know there are Patek collectors out there who spend nothing on anything else but watches, no high end cars, no expensive house, no expensive restaurants , very ordinary people, but they have large Patek collections. This whole thing about private jets, expensive cars maybe the norm, but there are pockets of collectors like this.

Reactions: SuperLory

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
You don't. You wear it for the sake of novelty. This watch literally screams rep unless you happen to be flying in a private jet on the regular, have security with you, and/or are a famous as fuck jeweler. The obsession with trying to get a perfect rep is more an exercise in achieving some undefined "quality" rather than actually trying to get it to pass as an actual Patek.

Well said. Reps will always be reps. Period. It's either a rep or a gen. No gray areas in my eyes. Some people can actually put it off given their lifestyle, some can pull it off simply on confidence, and others.... just dont give a damn. But at the end of the day, this is a rep, just like a cheap Sub is. So, shouldn't try to "pull" anything as if it was a gen.

Thats my take atleast.

Reactions: tmp2018

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
I got the buff version refinishing case/bracelet with Buff dial, hands & DW. I never see the gen, but I can assure that mine is not far from gen lol.

you can upload photos to see it? thanks

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Well said. Reps will always be reps. Period. It's either a rep or a gen. No gray areas in my eyes. Some people can actually put it off given their lifestyle, some can pull it off simply on confidence, and others.... just dont give a damn. But at the end of the day, this is a rep, just like a cheap Sub is. So, shouldn't try to "pull" anything as if it was a gen.

Thats my take atleast.

Yeah if someone really wanted to "pull off" a rep they have to have the lifestyle to make it look logical. I have a rep white dial 5711 nautilus but there is no way in hell I can logically pull off that watch. Damn thing currently sits a few grand shy of $200,000 on grey market and wholesale trading at $150,000-175,000. If I had a real one I would have long ago sold it and put the money towards another property. That applies x6 at minimum towards the Tiffany dial patek. Who the hell wears a $1mil+ appreciating asset unless they can obviously afford to? Even if you COULD buy it most would throw that shit in a bank safe the moment they can.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Damn thing currently sits a few grand shy of $200,000 on grey market and wholesale trading at $150,000-175,000. If I had a real one I would have long ago sold it and put the money towards another property.

You. Perhaps not others.