• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek 5740 clone movement

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I saw several sellers post this info (rumor) on WeChat and telegram.

“Clone 5740 will be released this year. Not sure if will be mass prodution by watches factories or just released the movement alone like DD remul 2 movement for 055. Just wait and see. Good news anyways!”

I would be quite excited by this. I’ve always wanted to get a micro rotor movement, but the asymmetry of the 5712 dial always threw me off.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
What I have gathered is it is modded on top of ACE 240 caliber and that the thing is costly…
Indeed, it would be a shame if this was a rep that was only available through custom builds.

Then they should improve the quality build of the 240 first….
Agreed. Slapping a perpetual calendar complication on top of an unreliable base movement is asking for trouble twice.

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
Someone I spoke to recently said some guy named MartinLee of RHwatch (non-td? Idk) posted an ad that the 5740 will be a CNC custom case, dial, hands and moonphase- and theyre available for pre-order. Obviously Im not going to be someone to pre-order from some no name shop but it seems its starting to make some waves.

I really hope this isn't some super custom 6k+ piece.

Reactions: LeBron and dogwood

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
So I don't need to be Bernard Arnault to look like I'm wearing a Tiffany 5740?

Reactions: LeBron

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I've seen rumors but as with the rep game : nothing is substantiated unless there are pictures.

Anyways if it's like the DD RMUL 2 clone then quite honestly not worth it. But impressive work if they managed to clone a perpertual...

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I've seen rumors but as with the rep game : nothing is substantiated unless there are pictures.

Anyways if it's like the DD RMUL 2 clone then quite honestly not worth it. But impressive work if they managed to clone a perpertual...
Agreed on the pictures thing. I was hoping that the pic of the movement dial side was of the rep movement, but I went to the Patek website and it looks like it’s exactly the same pic. So the pics going around with the rumors are just lifted from the official website. Sigh.

Reactions: LeBron and Reaps

Db9s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/23
Canada
Ok I received a price from a dealer and its not good. They don't have the full idea of the entire watch. But the movement alone is $7600.
This is insanely high considering it has 275 parts. Rolex 4130 has 201 parts, El Primero has 278 parts.

Don't get your hopes up, it's priced out of recreational reps "as a hobby".

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Ok I received a price from a dealer and its not good. They don't have the full idea of the entire watch. But the movement alone is $7600.
This is insanely high considering it has 275 parts. Rolex 4130 has 201 parts, El Primero has 278 parts.

Don't get your hopes up, it's priced out of recreational reps "as a hobby".
That’s unfortunate. I guess it’s gonna be in the class of reps with extreme movements like the free sprung Patek reps and that extremely expensive Rm movement.

NPwatchman

Watch Enthusiast
20/7/23
United States
I was going to say looks like I’ll be getting a new Patek rep soon until I saw the price. Let’s see how much they come down in full production (if it happens)

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
Yeah I have an inkling of a feeling this isn't going to be recreational rep. Feeling this is a small batch, custom job.

jimbo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/06
Very cool but pity it will be a lightweight steel case instead of proper WG. I wonder if precious metal is possible at that crazy price point.