• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PATEK 324 SC Date Wheel BIONONE KEYLOG 2.0

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
When will be the classic datewheel available to order ?

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
29/1/11
expecting my date wheels to arrive pretty soon (ordered 1/18)... could someone post a brief tutorial on installation ? Removing the dial/hands on 5711 is easy, and assume it is just the usual couple plates on top of movement that need to come off. But it is always nice to see some photos of exactly what to do, and which tiny parts/springs need special attention if they have the potential to go fly away never to be found again!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
expecting my date wheels to arrive pretty soon (ordered 1/18)... could someone post a brief tutorial on installation ? Removing the dial/hands on 5711 is easy, and assume it is just the usual couple plates on top of movement that need to come off. But it is always nice to see some photos of exactly what to do, and which tiny parts/springs need special attention if they have the potential to go fly away never to be found again!

https://imgur.com/a/2mYiKaJ

This what holds the dw in place

Reactions: Heisenberg

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
Same, I would be interested in picking up a couple classics once they're available again.

Is it possible to pre-order ? (I'm happy to pay in full and wait)

BIONONE

28/4/17
Hello gents,

the second batch is already in production - as for now we don't have an estimate on the release date but we are trying to speed everything up as much as possible under current conditions.

Thanks to all of you for your interest in this journey!

boogieman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/20
Hello Gents!

I have placed my order on 25/01.
Was wondering if they have been sent out or if anyone has received theirs yet?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Hi guys,

Having the 324 custom datewheel being installed, did anyone have any issues?

My watchmaker is saying the date disc is doesn’t sit well on the movement. The date disc doesn’t turn over at midnight properly (does in quick set).

Does the datewheel need any further alignment???

Thanks in advance guys

459e367fb97e1c1158ca81d8aec3bd16.jpg

92cfced7fcb331144383685c751b66de.jpg

ac0c4e46c70682f5da3615251cc4f0fd.jpg

Reactions: actiontds

Keylog74

14/6/13
My watchmaker is saying the date disc is doesn’t sit well on the movement. The date disc doesn’t turn over at midnight properly (does in quick set).

What does your watchmaker see as an issue there? I have it installed in different watches and it's a direct swap. What might cause it is that the teeth don't perfectly sit flat with the surface.

maybe check this? There is no design issue as far as I know and have had fitted all 324sc movements tried on also the original.

actiontds

Looking Around
20/7/21
Hi guys,

Having the 324 custom datewheel being installed, did anyone have any issues?

Does the datewheel need any further alignment???

Thanks in advance guys

459e367fb97e1c1158ca81d8aec3bd16.jpg

92cfced7fcb331144383685c751b66de.jpg

ac0c4e46c70682f5da3615251cc4f0fd.jpg

My watchsmith said something similar to me. He told me that he modified the hold down plate to allow the date to change more efficiently.

Reactions: sunrayminor

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
My watchsmith said something similar to me. He told me that he modified the hold down plate to allow the date to change more efficiently.

Does it mean the disk is too thick or wide?

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I mentioned to my watchmaker that I have received one, but I won't be sending it off until my green buff dial arrives, maybe 2-3 weeks. He did respond with the following -

I've fitted these before (they aren't direct fits) you have to modify the date hold down clamps etc

I said that it's likely what he fitted before were not these ones, so he is looking forward to receiving and giving it a try. I'm more concerned about getting a decent buff dial!

Reactions: sunrayminor

BIONONE

28/4/17
I don’t think so, I guess that every 324 could be slightly different. I think the datewheel is great, it’s more the watch I think. Chinese Tolerances haha

I'm very sorry to hear that your watchmaker is facing some issues with the DW installment.

Looking at your pictures you have two different DWs - what exactly was the problem with our DW? Maybe your watchmaker can share his observation with you so we can find a solution.

Like Keylog already mentioned - every swap into the 324SC clone was a direct swap without any issues.
Without assuring this crucial aspect we would've optimized our product in the first place.

Looking forward to a solution!
Best regards

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I'm very sorry to hear that your watchmaker is facing some issues with the DW installment.

Looking at your pictures you have two different DWs - what exactly was the problem with our DW? Maybe your watchmaker can share his observation with you so we can find a solution.

Like Keylog already mentioned - every swap into the 324SC clone was a direct swap without any issues.
Without assuring this crucial aspect we would've optimized our product in the first place.

Best regards

Will do mate, He is working on it now, I don’t believe it’s the datewheel, more so some adjustment on the movement, as you said many have installed without issue. Will revert once the watchmaker updates me mate.

Thanks for the message.

Reactions: BIONONE

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
29/1/11

Best regards

This piece broke off on my watch, from the gear near 10:00, before I even ordered the date disk. It is what advances the date with the time (at midnight)... no issues with the wheel I got from date disk. And it works fine with quickset since that is the other gear at 1:30. Anyone have a lead on where I could get a replacement from 3KF ?

jGNHqJ.jpg

1SfkVu6.jpg

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
Ladies and Gentlemen,

we stocked up our DW's with the Classic Font - more is on its way.

You find them here:

datedisk.com

... and some eye-candy. Enjoy ;)

jbuJrL.png

jbuV7R.png

jbug38.png

Last edited: