• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panda Daytona 116500 GEN VS NOOB, Clean V2, BT V2, Full comparison

29/3/22
USA
Is there really a CF Daytona Panda 116500 V3 available? I’ve seen Clean push out updated versions of different models of the Daytona over the last few months. I’ve even recently saw on the JTime forum someone said they purchased a Clean V3 Daytona Panda. I just don’t see that many posts about it. I didn’t check all TDs but I checked JTime (since the post I saw was about them and a forum member purchase a v3 Panda from them) but I didn’t see JTime post about it or the price change on their site. Even the video that cyprusdaedalus posted was removed soon after their post.

Is this all just wishful thinking that there is a v3 out there or is this version update just low key for now?

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU

Curious if anyone would know which factory this could be from?

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU

Curious if anyone would know which factory this could be from?
Very poor research from my side. Was already posted on several places here. Watch is a Noob.

Sorry about that.

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16

Here is a new BTF (in stickers) vs a CF V2 (going based on crown being fixed)

The crystal difference is huge, but personally I like the CF dial better.
Clean's dial details are indeed better, but as for how to choose, it's mainly pleasing to see which aspect you care more about, after all, it's hard to have an all-around winner when the representatives are competing with each other!

Donnaildk

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
Hi’
I have a noob v4 116500. Daytona.
And I just have one question: How do I fixe the crystal problem? It is just too high. Can it be pushed down or will a gen Crystal installed in my watch get the job “to high problem” done?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Hi’
And I just have one question: How do I fixe the crystal problem? It is just too high. Can it be pushed down or will a gen Crystal installed in my watch get the job “to high problem” done?
buy a 2.3 mm clarks gasket from ebay

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Hi’
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234784025479 should be this one please crosscheck the reference of a daytona crystal to this

Donnaildk

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
Thanks. So i don’t need a gen crystal? Is the gasket alone you mentioned enough with the crystal on my noob, so the hight will be fixed?
Or is a gen crystal combined with the gasket you mentioned, the right combination? And again thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated.

Reactions: dcwan

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Is there an CF vs BTF V3 comparison for the 116519 (Gray Daytona)? I'm sure I saw one somewhere but I can't find it anywhere!
There is no comparison yet, what you see should be clean and GEN's factory homemade comparison chart!

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Looking to replace my CF V1 with a V3. Did the V3 dial get colder in it's white color again (like the V1)? V2 it got warmer but i've seen a few people comment the V3's got a colder blue hue to them?

Anyone know?

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Looking to replace my CF V1 with a V3. Did the V3 dial get colder in it's white color again (like the V1)? V2 it got warmer but i've seen a few people comment the V3's got a colder blue hue to them?

Anyone know?
V2 to V3, no change in dial colour! After the 116500 black was upgraded to V3, the white one is now called V3 too, without the factory actually making any significant changes!