• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAMGUIDE Web [*** UNAVAILABLE ***]

pirho123

Known Member
6/11/12
This is a project sponsored by Puretime? Am I wrong? Anyway I use only Ale's guide with links to different dealers and most important comments about quality.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
This is a project sponsored by Puretime? Am I wrong? Anyway I use only Ale's guide with links to different dealers and most important comments about quality.

Initially it was not a project sponsored by Puretime. I emailed all big TD's if they were interested. Eventually some did not respond, some were not interested, and two tried to BS me and offered me to only add them for a very nice price. It was tempting, but I declined. Now only Puretime is left, he is covering a generous amount of my costs.

The WEB version of the PAMGUIDE does not replace Ale's guide. It is a step you could take prior reading his guide. For example: you're looking for a 44mm panerai with an open caseback and a sandwhich dial. You have no idea what models meet those requirements. So you use the web guide to find it and then Ale's guide to check out the details.

This speeds up your searching process and makes it alot easier. Long story short: instead of scrolling through a couple hundred PAMs, my web version shows the ones that you're looking for.

PAMGUIDE WEB is not a replacement of ALE's PAMGUIDE, and it will never be!

renoz

25/5/12
1- amazing work
2- you+ Ale got probably more knowledges than the the PAm Mkt Director himself
3 - totally complementary to Ale guide
57- why the hell Luthier does not go to some Fishing forum or forum about being an expert in ironing shirts, i'm sure people will be happy to read you there...

great work Markie

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Initially it was not a project sponsored by Puretime. I emailed all big TD's if they were interested. Eventually some did not respond, some were not interested, and two tried to BS me and offered me to only add them for a very nice price. It was tempting, but I declined. Now only Puretime is left, he is covering a generous amount of my costs.

The WEB version of the PAMGUIDE does not replace Ale's guide. It is a step you could take prior reading his guide. For example: you're looking for a 44mm panerai with an open caseback and a sandwhich dial. You have no idea what models meet those requirements. So you use the web guide to find it and then Ale's guide to check out the details.

This speeds up your searching process and makes it alot easier. Long story short: instead of scrolling through a couple hundred PAMs, my web version shows the ones that you're looking for.

PAMGUIDE WEB is not a replacement of ALE's PAMGUIDE, and it will never be!

I agree with Mark

Totally complementary

This is the point and the way to follow

Obviously PAMGUIDE Web replaces the Excel PAM GUIDE with a huge advantage

ALE

Gatehouse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/14
This is awesome! Suggestion: filter by super reps only.

This would be my only request. I think this also should be added to the Excel spreadsheet. I usually check the spreadsheet to see what I want, then off to the PAM guide by ALE to only notice that its not a super rep :( Sad times :p

Just a little suggestion :)

I think the webpage is great! Thanks for contributing to the community!

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
bug reporting - site not loading for me again sorry...

"SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections"

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
ALE will add rep classification to the PAMGUIDE Excel sheet. Meanwhile I will develop the functionality, and when ALE is done I will activate the functionality to filter by rep status/classification.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I did some configuration to optimize speed performance. And did some tests from various locations of the world.
Test is based on avarage Cable speed.

First time view = the very first time you visit the website.
Repeat view = when you visit again.

The results:

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
First time view 2.744 sec.
Repeat view 1.041 sec.

London, United Kingdom
First time view 4.217 sec.
Repeat view 3.556 sec.

Paris, France
First time view 2.112 sec.
Repeat view 1.446 sec.

Stockholm, Sweden
First time view 3.801 sec.
Repeat view 1.521 sec.

Vienna, Austria
First time view 4.412 sec.
Repeat view 1.870 sec.

St Petersburg, Russia
First time view 4.025 sec.
Repeat view 2.043 sec.

Toronto, Canada
First time view 4.118 sec.
Repeat view 2.830 sec.

Los Angeles, United States
First time view 4.515 sec.
Repeat view 1.830 sec.

São Paulo, Brasil
First time view 5.334 sec.
Repeat view 2.471 sec.

Shanghai, China
First time view 8.875 sec.
Repeat view 2.705 sec.

Tokyo, Japan
First time view 6.500 sec.
Repeat view 2.756 sec.

Sydney, Australia
First time view 7.082 sec.
Repeat view 2.649 sec.

Wellington, New Zealand
First time view 6.473 sec.
Repeat view 3.767 sec.

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
All working again for me now :)

Ive got bug for you though.. (sorry I dont want to seem like Im picking, I really an trying to help you fine tune)

every time I select "add to compare" I lose my filter options back to the full list again... anyway you can rejig to stop this from happening?

As always, great work - keep it up!

(I hate to think how much work that strap page is going to be for you :) )

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
All working again for me now :)

Ive got bug for you though.. (sorry I dont want to seem like Im picking, I really an trying to help you fine tune)

every time I select "add to compare" I lose my filter options back to the full list again... anyway you can rejig to stop this from happening?

As always, great work - keep it up!

(I hate to think how much work that strap page is going to be for you :) )

No problem ;)

You mean, you select several options and then click on add-to compare underneath a model?

(Im not having this problem...)

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
No problem ;)

You mean, you select several options and then click on add-to compare underneath a model?

(Im not having this problem...)

Yeah, thats right - it doesnt always drop all the filters but it always drops most - (Ive tried this in Chrome and Explorer)

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Yeah, thats right - it doesnt always drop all the filters but it always drops most - (Ive tried this in Chrome and Explorer)
I noticed, I have no idea why this happens! I will look into it and hope it's an easy fix...

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Hey Markie,

I promise Im not trying to pick or bug you but your page only loads about 20% of the time for me. I mostly get the white page with a bunch of text that starts with "SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections"

If it does load I try to do as much looking as I can in one hit, cause who knows if I'll be able to get back in :p

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Hey Markie,

I promise Im not trying to pick or bug you but your page only loads about 20% of the time for me. I mostly get the white page with a bunch of text that starts with "SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections"

If it does load I try to do as much looking as I can in one hit, cause who knows if I'll be able to get back in :p

No worries mate, I know about the problem. I will move hosting when my plan ends. I paid for 1 year, because it was cheqper than per month...