• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAMGUIDE Web [*** UNAVAILABLE ***]

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Great job

This is great, I like seeing all the models on one page it makes it so much easier to see which ones I am interested in.

Too bad the rep dealers don't have affiliate links and people could link through your site so you could make a little something to keep the server going.

Ignore the negative comments, I think Luthier is a grumpy old man who likes to threadcrap everywhere he goes.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Please consider a donation guys, even it is 1$. Its running on a very expensive server. Without any $, I will need to put her down..

Ericshen1226

Horology Curious
31/12/12
1. I used Ale's pictures and run a Photoshop script to cut the green/yellow background. It is a lot of work adding pic by pic.

2. The ones with a white background are indeed buggering me. But I couldnt find those with a black background. (Maybe you can just isolate the alpha channel and save as PNG with solid black ground?)

3. I mean simply copy his comments hence when people enter the page, he/she will be able to view some info about the "REP" in addition to the just the specs.

4. The logo is fine, yes, but What i mean is the visual hierarchy, as a graphic designer, I think if you think make the logo more distinguished from the background or enlarge it about (I dont know the exact solution) but I think you have the ability to make it pop more!

Again, I really look forward to see your 1.5 ~2.0 and so on. it is really nicely designed.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
1. I used Ale's pictures and run a Photoshop script to cut the green/yellow background. It is a lot of work adding pic by pic.

Thank you

A couple of points mate.

Did you ask ALE about using his pics? You didn't ask us and copyright belongs to ALE and RWI.

You do realise that such a site takes traffic away from RWI don't you? Why not host it as part of the forum? We have room and bandwidth on our server.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
A couple of points mate.

Did you ask ALE about using his pics? You didn't ask us and copyright belongs to ALE and RWI.

You do realise that such a site takes traffic away from RWI don't you? Why not host it as part of the forum? We have room and bandwidth on our server.

I know you're going to ban me, so here are my last words:

I do have permission from Ale to use his information, his sheet, and his pictures. I asked him back in April.

I don't see how I take away traffic from RWI. Its not like I'm promoting another forum, and I'm not making money over RWI's back or anything, am I?

Hosting at RWI is not an option. I've put over 700 hours of coding into this. That's worth 70k in Euro's. You think I will give it away just like that?

I never heard of copyright in the rep world, but I get that point. Therefore I am willing to put a copyright thingy on the website with a link back to RWI. How does that sound?

All I did was giving my knowledge back to the community, and this is what I get in return?

Zkebam

13/8/12

I do have permission from Ale to use his information, his sheet, and his pictures. I asked him back in April.

I don't see how I take away traffic from RWI. Its not like I'm promoting another forum, and I'm not making money over RWI's back or anything, am I?

Hosting at RWI is not an option. I've put over 700 hours of coding into this. That's worth 70k in Euro's. You think I will give it away just like that?

I never heard of copyright in the rep world, but I get that point. Therefore I am willing to put a copyright thingy on the website with a link back to RWI. How does that sound?

All I did was giving my knowledge back to the community, and this is what I get in return?

Zo is dat....laat je niet gek maken....volgens mij ben je TOP bezig!!!!!!!!

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Why would you get banned ?

Post #27:

:picard2:

barth

5/10/12
OP, I really don't get why you're suddenly getting mad like that. There was nothing aggressive in TB's post, and again, I don't see why you would get banned.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I did not and do have the intention to get aggressive. I worked hard every single night. And Im just a little upset to be honest...

barth

5/10/12
I did not and do have the intention to get aggressive. I worked hard every single night. And Im just a little upset to be honest...

The point I dont get is, WHY are you upset ?

Pamtastic

Renowned Member
31/1/13
This is an amazing site, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time and work that went into this. Truly a labor of love. Thank you for providing this.

You have no reason to be upset. I think TB was making some sensible suggestions to you to help you defray your server costs. It's worth it for you to atleast discuss all that he's suggesting with him over pm or something.

Small suggestions for the next version:
1) add a filter for hand color (gold, blue, ss, etc)
2) In the Pam type filter add 2 options for all luminor's or all radiomir's.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Jesus christ what is your problem? Why in heaven's name would I ban you?
Take a chill pill would you. I didn't ask you to give anything away, I offered to host your site at my expense since you appeared to have a problem with hosting cost (tho why this should be that expensive to host I have NFI). I'm a little offput by this attitude TBH, just how long do you think ALE and the boys put into The Pam Guide? I didn't see them counting hours, I saw people making an incredible contribution to a mutual database (ie: this forum).

Of cause it takes traffic away from here, it's another source of information and will compete in Google rankings but sobeit, it's a very well put together and valuable resource.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Jesus christ what is your problem? Why in heaven's name would I ban you?
Take a chill pill would you. I didn't ask you to give anything away, I offered to host your site at my expense since you appeared to have a problem with hosting cost (tho why this should be that expensive to host I have NFI). I'm a little offput by this attitude TBH, just how long do you think ALE and the boys put into The Pam Guide? I didn't see them counting hours, I saw people making an incredible contribution to a mutual database (ie: this forum).

Of cause it takes traffic away from here, it's another source of information and will compete in Google rankings but sobeit, it's a very well put together and valuable resource.
I disabled search robots so it won't affect your ranking and to keep a low profile. In the near future I will add a htpasswd.

I apologize for my attitude, I should not have replied before calming down and read what you actually wrote. I just had a bad taste in my mouth from the past with admins, I got banned with an IP ban becausre he couldn't win an arguement.

I cannot host at your server, besides the fact Im not sure whether it will run ot not. I used the framework from work. Which is intellectual property. 'Giving' that away will make me lose my job and my boss will make me see him in court. Thats why I was talking in hours/money...

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
I added a search functionality, now you can search for e.g. "Destro", "PAM372" etc.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Joshua (Perfect Clones) and Andrew (Trusty Time) decided to cover a rough 50% of my costs!
Big applause and a big thanks!