• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So, buying my first Hublot Rep...

AcidGreen

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/3/12
After doing probably far too many hours research in this forum, I'm very close to making my first purchase(s)...

I'm loving the Big Bang Black Magic Red model with gummy strap but also the Big Bang Ice.

With regard to the BB Ice, there seems to be a V6 and a V7. The V7 having a tungsten bezel and numeral markers... What is the difference between the V6 and V7 (other than the above)? If I have missed this info elsewhere on the forum then I apologise but I can't seem to see anything referring to the V7 :frusty:

I found a slightly more expensive model with a tungsten bezel and stick markers on (edited: non-TD website) as well.

Just to clarify, the watches I'm talking about are these:

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=1225

http://www.replicamake.com/products...L-CERAMIC-REAL-TUNGSTEN-BEZEL-ASIAN-7750.html

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best Ice Bang out there? Price is irrelevant (obviously within reason or i'd buy a gen!) but I'm more interested in top quality.

I hope all that made sense, and thanks in advance for the help!

Paul.

crazyfastbeats

28/9/09
First of all, Replicamake is not a TD here, so no need to mention them here.

The V6 Evo are better repped OTB.

The movement is much better on the V6

AcidGreen

Banned
21/3/12
I do apologise, 'that' particular webstore were mentioned in the 2011 awards section. I assume they have been removed as a TD since... I'll edit my post now. Innocent mistake!

So I guess the question is, which is the best ceramic and tungsten model available?

Any links or PM's with links to examples would be most appreciated!

Thanks.

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
I know you are looking at the V6, but I just got a V1 with the titanium bezel and it is great aside from the strap stink. It was in the mid-$250's too if that matters.

AcidGreen

Banned
21/3/12
Thanks for that thedoover, this is the thing... I'm still very much new to Hublot reps and the many different versions so it's a pretty steep learning curve. I seem to change my mind every few minutes!

The Ice Bang will be my first purchase but it's just finding the best one. After that I've got my eye on a few... It could get expensive :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi AcidGreen

I'm going to try explaining all clearly:

- The best rep of HBB never made is the HBB V6, and after this rep are the V1 and V1 Lite of the old models.

- The V7, IMO, and I said that in my thread about V6 is a commercial trick to fight against the launching of the V6. But it is not at all a better rep or a new version (I'm npt saying V7 is a bad rep, I'm just saying that the v6 is better by far). If you like the Evolution model of Ice Bang with stick markers go to V6 with confidence.

- Concerning HBB Ice Bang V7, it is an inaccurate rep because there is no gen with numerals and with case brushed or sandblasted. The old models of Ice Bang were with numerals and with the external case ceramic polished and the lug plates brushed ceramic. Like V1 models are.

- The best Ice Bang rep (perhaps with some faults as all reps) is the Ice Bang V6. You can see the link for all dealers in the "Official Thread V6"

- But If you like the Ice Bang with numerals, Don't buy an expensive and inaccurate V7. Just buy a ceramic V1 Lite very "cheap" (258$) from Marvellous, Puretime or Timeshops or other Trusted dealer.
http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=1374
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/big-bang-full-ceramic-ice-bang-v1-lite/
http://www.timesshop.net/7540-hb7030-hublot-ice-bang-ii-black-dial-2009-ver-ti-pvd-asian-7750-28800bph
These are the same watch V1 lite (better price from Marvellous)
this watch have the correct polished finish of the case and the brushed lug plates. The bezel is Ti with an awesome finish and very beautiful.
This Ice bang is one of the more nice watches I have never seen.
Fortunately this V1 Lite is the same (in practice) that the very expensive V1. <you can read about the fantastic thread of "trksh-bzr":
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/hublot-v1-vs-68692

If you are curious : What's my Ice Bang ??

Here you have the answer: .... The V1 Lite from Marvellous
And I have bought it only some months ago, when the V6 was already launched !!.
Therefore you have my opinion.

Anyway, if you like the stick markers and the complete sandblasted finish, go w¡ithout doubts to the V6.

I hope all is clear now
ALE

AcidGreen

Banned
21/3/12
ALE... Thank you so much for taking time to explain that.

I did read your thread explaining the many differences between V1, V2, V6, V7 etc... But then the internet is full of conflicting opinion! It can be confusing as a beginner in the rep world. My knowledge on gen watches is very good but reps are a different thing altogether!

If I may ask you one more question... I notice many retailers sell the V6 for just over $400 yet the same retailers also have full ceramic BB's at over $700 (hont among others). Are these more expensive models the same as the V6 but with better attention to detail? Is it worth paying the premium?

Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
ALE... Thank you so much for taking time to explain that.

I did read your thread explaining the many differences between V1, V2, V6, V7 etc... But then the internet is full of conflicting opinion! It can be confusing as a beginner in the rep world. My knowledge on gen watches is very good but reps are a different thing altogether!

If I may ask you one more question... I notice many retailers sell the V6 for just over $400 yet the same retailers also have full ceramic BB's at over $700 (hont among others). Are these more expensive models the same as the V6 but with better attention to detail? Is it worth paying the premium?

Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated!

The good old reps of HBB were very expensive, V1 non Lite for example. Fortunately we had the V1 lite at very good prices.

The expensive reps are usually of old models and they are not at all improved V6 reps.
It is not worth IMO to buy these reps having the V1 Lite and the new V6.

If you like old models, buy V1 Lite if you find them

If you want the best and you like the new models, buy the V6.
All V6 are the same in the market, there are not improved or Lite versions of the V6.

ALE

AcidGreen

Banned
21/3/12
The good old reps of HBB were very expensive, V1 non Lite for example. Fortunately we had the V1 lite at very good prices.

The expensive reps are usually of old models and they are not at all improved V6 reps.
It is not worth IMO to buy these reps having the V1 Lite and the new V6.

If you like old models, buy V1 Lite if you find them

If you want the best and you like the new models, buy the V6.
All V6 are the same in the market, there are not improved or Lite versions of the V6.

ALE

Thank you ALE, that answers all my questions! I have been going around in circles over the past few days because some of the prices made no sense to me. It's easy to just assume that more expensive = better, but that's obviously not always the case.

You've made everything a lot clearer and I can go ahead and make a purchase with a lot more confidence!

Paul.

By the way, ALE... I read your other guides and they are all brilliant, genuinely helpful and educational. Thanks for the good work and dedication!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Paul
Nice to hear I am helpful for you.

Really the HBB reps universe was always a difficult thing.
I myself when started learning about reps was very confused about the qualities and prices of the HBB. But with the help of some friends and other members and reading a lot about them, I started to understand some things of the HBB reps.
Now, with the HBB V6 all is much easier !!!

ALE

BTW: Anyway, I'm today wearing my Ice bang V1Lite and really it is a beautiful watch, I like it more and more.
Please don't forget and bear in mind this possibility. It is an awesome Ceramic/Ti watch for 258€ from Marvellous.