• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam389 Amagnetic Ceramic -[[ QC pics allowed ZFac reps ]]

c888

10/3/12
I got mine yesterday.

I'll compare it to the 243v2 later when I have time.
But from my quick comparison.. I think the 243 is a bit better made. Especially the bezel turning.. Mine's a bit loose, hope its like the 243 where its easy to lift off and adjust.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Yes please let us the know the quality of the bezel movement. Also tap on the bezel with your nail or jut your finger. Does it make a clinking noise? Like tin hitting something.......this noise makes it sound so cheap. The gen ones don't make this noise and sturdy and feels solid when you tap the bezel.

ganlinia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
tapped mine, no noise and felt like bezel & case as one.

one thing though, i can wiggle the bezel. not much, just a few mm between clicks.

c888

10/3/12
So after a day of wearing it... some of my quick impressions.
Its a great looking watch. Has presence on the wrist. Its a feels a bit light, I know its made of titanium so it's made to be. Think I'm just used to heavy 187 or my mind playing tricks since its a bigger watch. On the scales, seems the 243 and 389 weigh similar.
The ceramic bezel insert doesn't fill in the bezel fully. What I mean is that I can stick a piece of paper along the edges of some part but not all the way around. Very, barely noticeable but not sure if the gen is like that.
As for bezel turning, Its a has a little wiggle, and mine turns ok. I have 2 243 and they both have nice firm bezel and clicks nicely. I feel this 389 doesn't have the smooth clicks like the 243 and overall doesn't feel as firm/solid as the 243.
As for taping the bezel with my finger nail..sounds ok. Sound is different vs the 243, but the bezel material is different.

More in depth review and pics tomorrow when I find time. Cheers.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
sorry, did I miss where it said how many atm these are pressure tested to?

Please don't trust any replica test

tapped mine, no noise and felt like bezel & case as one.

one thing though, i can wiggle the bezel. not much, just a few mm between clicks.

I assume your are talking about some tenth of mm
ALE

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Thanks ganlinia and c888. Not sure now if I should get one or not. To be honest the only bezel that's nice is the Omega ones they are sturdy and dont sound cheap when you tap them. Tap a Rolex Sub-C bezel or a Breitling Skyland Avenger bezel and you will know the sound i'm talking about. Sounds like tin or flimsy metal hitting another piece of metal --- no way does it feel like a solid piece.

hmmm decisions decisions.........wonder if you pop the bezel off and bend the retaining ring it will help with the bezel wiggling????? Anyone willing to try? LOL

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Thanks ganlinia and c888. Not sure now if I should get one or not. To be honest the only bezel that's nice is the Omega ones they are sturdy and dont sound cheap when you tap them. Tap a Rolex Sub-C bezel or a Breitling Skyland Avenger bezel and you will know the sound i'm talking about. Sounds like tin or flimsy metal hitting another piece of metal --- no way does it feel like a solid piece.

hmmm decisions decisions.........wonder if you pop the bezel off and bend the retaining ring it will help with the bezel wiggling????? Anyone willing to try? LOL

Buy it and let us know what you think. If it's not for you, I'm sure you won't have trouble selling it.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hey ALE, have you received yours from Angus yet?

I really don't like the bezel in this version. I have not said Angus to send me a sample for now.
I think Angus knows it. Maybe next batch
ALE

Drkitch109

18/9/12
Anybody figure out how to rebuild the pearl on this beauty? Or know of anyone that would be so bold to attempt it?

sweden

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/13
Thanks for the bezel review, helped me
make up my mind!