• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 Noob V12 **Eye-candy and Wristshot**(QC pics allowed)**

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Is it just my eyes, or is the dial text on all of these new PAM111 wonky? The alignment of the letters seems all over the place. I could never accept such an obvious flaw and don't recall seeing this quite as bad on older versions.

????
Please elaborate

ALE

dirtyharry44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/15
USA
????
Please elaborate

ALE

It's easy enough to see using some straight line tools in Photoshop (but it stands out to my naked eye).

The U and O in LUMINOR are noticeably elevated above the other letters in more than one example I've seen in online photos. There is some slight misalignment of the same sort in MARINA, but not nearly to the same degree. I never noticed this issue in previous versions of the 111, so this is yet another example of something that wasn't broken which now needs to be fixed.

And I can't believe in all the time it has been a noticeable flaw that the factories can't source a swan neck adjustment screw of the proper length. That would seem a fairly easy fix, yet it continues to be ignored.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It's easy enough to see using some straight line tools in Photoshop (but it stands out to my naked eye).

The U and O in LUMINOR are noticeably elevated above the other letters in more than one example I've seen in online photos. There is some slight misalignment of the same sort in MARINA, but not nearly to the same degree. I never noticed this issue in previous versions of the 111, so this is yet another example of something that wasn't broken which now needs to be fixed.

And I can't believe in all the time it has been a noticeable flaw that the factories can't source a swan neck adjustment screw of the proper length. That would seem a fairly easy fix, yet it continues to be ignored.

Thanks dirtyharry44

I have taken the biggest image LUMINOR MARINA of PAM 111 Noob last version from PURETIME catalogue, and added "some straight line tools in Photoshop"

What we can see is a taller "O" and maybe a little smaller "I" on PANERAI (few noticeable)

PAM_111_R_Noob_Dic_2020-_LUMINOR_PANERAI_.jpg

I remember to have seen this issue in other recent thread here on RWI but I cannot remember where

ALE

Last edited:
Reactions: P1EMO

cube101

Horology Curious
5/1/21
Europe
Hi Guys, Puretime he was very kind and changed / fixed it.
I accepted the QC, but I wanted to discuss the quality of the watch with you ...
I was discussing with, and it seems that the screw is still short ....:angryshout:

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hi Guys, Puretime he was very kind and changed / fixed it.
I accepted the QC, but I wanted to discuss the quality of the watch with you ...

I think the fact that there is a screw at all is already better. But its length, height U and O, it seems to be a given of the current version.

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
To me the biggest improvement that Noob made with the Pam111 v12(and what I've been waiting for the most) is the canon pinion. Now it is more gen-like. Shiny with no nipple effect and raised to be on the same level as the hands. Previous versions or other factories never got this part right. Some with nipple effect, dull finish and sunken beneath the hands.

Here's a comparison pic between XF and Noob v12. Noticed the difference between the canon pinions.

toxoviper

17/12/11
I was able to order a Noob Pam 111 v12 from Trustytime. They sent a newsletter saying they had a special batch. Here are the QC pics.

The numbers look a little green to me compared to the hands, but maybe it's the lighting. Any thoughts on the pics?

Reactions: EuroTime25

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I was able to order a Noob Pam 111 v12 from Trustytime. They sent a newsletter saying they had a special batch. Here are the QC pics.

The numbers look a little green to me compared to the hands, but maybe it's the lighting. Any thoughts on the pics?

Looks great. It could be the lighting on the numbers. But to get this is extreme luck. Take it now before others do.

Reactions: toxoviper

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

It is a Noob but with some considerations

CG lever :Old Noob as bad as usually
CROWN: Old "fat" V3 typical Noob
BEZEL: Bezel has sharper transition edge like the last V4 and following versions. Tthese new bezels have worse accuracy than V3 bezel, but the look and appearance are better (but, I repeat, inaccurate)
CASE: It seems a transition model from V3 to V4. Not at all the best true V4
LUMINOR inscription: U and O seem still a bit offset from the rest of the letters
FINISH: You can see the side of the lugs very bad finished
CRYSTAL: I cannot see the beveled to judge
LUME: The lighting conditions can change this evaluation

Anyway, this rep watch is better than the currently available PAM111 reps

So that, congrats on the purchase

ALE

Reactions: toxoviper

toxoviper

17/12/11
Here's the timegrapher pic where the crystal can be seen. I also added a pic of the buckle. Hope these pics are useful.
j1XWQ2.jpg

j1XaRE.jpg

Last edited:

Antroz_50

16/10/21
How does the Noob v12 stack up to the XF version? I love my XF but find the lume almost seems to turn a shade of green outdoors even in bright sunlight, where the gen almost looks white

AndyDav55

Known Member
Certified
13/2/18
Got a Pam111 Noob v12 on the way from Sead. Will post pics when it arrives to re waken this thread!

Reactions: ladygeek