• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 616 carbotech OUT !

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
just got mine today.. love the watch

Yes, I think mine's great too. Your pic seems to show it with a blue dial, presumably AR pickup, but of course it's black, and the buff and blue colours look great against it.

I just have one issue with mine, the rotor is noisy being a 7750 and I'd like to oil it. But I can't get the back off.
Tried everything, sticky ball, sticky gloves, a ball of tape, even one of those case back removers which clasps it at 3 points, though that's right on the edge of its adjustment range. The only solution would appear to be to buy a 47mm proper case back tool from China. But the ones on ebay, this one in fact, specifically states
"This tool will not work on fake or Replica Panerai watches."
Anyone know whether they are right please, or are they talking about some earlier, less accurate reps? It looks like the right tool:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAM-47MM-...506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa9e1108a

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13

This is actually the best bezel striations I've seen so far. Most of the others have an oval blackness around the 15 minutes marker that just screams "Replica!"

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13

gee that looks really really good. pearl looks good, the small minute markers from 12-15 look really good (same color as lume) and the grain of the carbon bezel looks amazing. congrats! super tempted to pick one up now!

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
This is actually the best bezel striations I've seen so far. Most of the others have an oval blackness around the 15 minutes marker that just screams "Replica!"

It's an oval silver at other light angles! It will all depend on what part of the block the bezel's cut from.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
What is the oval 'window' in the crystal above the Panerai name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Oh right. I always wear all my things with the labels and stickers still attached. haha lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Your CP looks like the old nipple version. I thought they all come with flattened CP now.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Someone is posting pic of the rep on paneristi page on FB. Hope it's not one of us. One member even questioned if these were out already yet [emoji12].
e2a8ac86f80cd3457f5b447ac791d0f8.jpg

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Your CP looks like the old nipple version. I thought they all come with flattened CP now.

I think chatwarm's must have come from 'the other' manufacturer. Mine came from Puretime and has the minute marker indents in gold, whereas his look as though they are in the same colour as the lume. Also, my centre nipple is the larger one.
Mine is the same as the one Masterwatch has posted from the Facebook twit. Who is not me...

I still can't get the back off mine. I contacted the Chinese seller I mentioned above, and she confirmed the distance between flats on the removal tool she is selling is 43.6mm 'to the Swiss specification'. My back is 44.04mm, so the tool would not fit.

Desmomonstro

5/4/15
This guy that post on paneristi is a real idiot!!! I personally warn him several times , but he continued to post obvious replicas on the fb page!! A real moron!!

vader1

Known Member
22/12/13
9DzE3AA.jpg

lP76k1w.jpg

XDPg0nr.jpg

Ncxop62.jpg

NffTq1Z.jpg

IAs8wXC.jpg

FAsQvcc.jpg

PWvMEAZ.jpg

SHtxxwy.jpg

zf is out aswell ! they claim the blue lume is the acute lume color, and add serial number the the back

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
What's the price for the ZF? I'm hoping the price goes down on both now that there is some competition.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
R series is for 2105

I have enlarged a pic of Zfac from vader1 post
Have you seen the quality of the bezel knurling ???

PAM%20616%20ZFac%20KNURLING--_zpsjrsmsgvh.jpg

It is the worst knurling I have ever seen !!

The zebra effect of the carbon is even worse than KW version, just two colours, less contrasted and wider stripes.

Sorry I don't like it
ALE

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Looks like ZF and V6F have different case designs too. ZF has lugs like a 389, while V6F is like a 508. Looks like the the V6F is closer to the gen. Also, the V6F bezel hash marks and numbers appears more golden than creamy like the gen. The ZF's crown lever and crown look pretty thin too.

Zf left / v6f right

uftnorN.jpg

gen
gI0wUmI.jpg

Zf top
v6f bottom

0X5d8zc.jpg

gen
WogIi9U.jpg

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
ZF's version has lug holes in wrong, too low positions. Crown has sloped edges on the side towards the case, which is wrong to both gen and KW. Bezel looks different, with darker shade than the rest of case....