• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 448 Radiomir California: Review and Pictorial

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
Just received this yesterday, took a few pics with my aged 3646 cali dial. (will post these up shortly)
This watch looks stunning, the dome plexi and the polished body just looks amazing! aside from the few minor flaws. I would like to point out although the CP is smaller than the gen, it is bigger than on the 372 rep. so it seems they have tried to correct that issue?
Overall the finish is very good, the brush lines on the two bridges line up on my movement. and the lug pins and the screws all have a little rubber washer on them also (are the gen like this?) and are very well finished they do not feel like they will strip out like so many radomir reps.

DSC02173_zps92ab6287.jpg

DSC02169_zps2d1a6202.jpg

DSC02172_zps626a564b.jpg

DSC02171_zps7beb5547.jpg

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
i too have the 448 and after seeing the 449, now thinking of whether to get it as well. decisions decisions :/

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Sorry to hijack the thread :p , which factory recently came out with the 449?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paneristi351

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/14
awesome watch and review!
I have 448 in hand yesterday, it's really a grail. Solid build and good replicated.
The only flaw is:
1. Too obvious black grainiess on the dail lume, can easily spotted under day light.
2. My watch movement two plate brushing is not alignmed.

Maybe it's variation from batch to batch.

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
Have you placed an order yet ? ;)

tempted to mate. VERY tempted to. but i just splurged on a custom 6154 build so i dont think i will this month. on a brighter note, august is only 10 days away... hahaha

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
tempted to mate. VERY tempted to. but i just splurged on a custom 6154 build so i dont think i will this month. on a brighter note, august is only 10 days away... hahaha

Good job , don't forget to share some photos !

I also bought about 3 this month ,despite all the "this is my last" thinking , Donno when this will end !

paneristi351

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/14
I'm waiting the well rep cali for yeasr.
Finally pull the trigger, will update as get QC from Sora.

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
Good job , don't forget to share some photos !

I also bought about 3 this month ,despite all the "this is my last" thinking , Donno when this will end !

haha yea mann. i just sold 4 of my reps in order to fund the 6154 and a few straps. gonna take like a month to get it though. the neverending wait begins! definitely wanna get the 449 though. and then there's the kw532 as well. not enough money at alllllll

rhaykal

Renowned Member
18/8/13
haha yea mann. i just sold 4 of my reps in order to fund the 6154 and a few straps. gonna take like a month to get it though. the neverending wait begins! definitely wanna get the 449 though. and then there's the kw532 as well. not enough money at alllllll

You'll love your 6154. I have a couple of custom 6154s (mainly done by or modded by Henio). They are some of my favorite watches and the wait is totally worth it.....no matter how tough it is. And I'm with ya on wanting the 449. Always been a huge fan of the SLC dial. The real question is do I want to go 449 in the next month or two or start a custom vintage 6152 w/ CG.

To those with the 448, enjoy it and please post pics!!!!! Cali dials are just stunners

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
You'll love your 6154. I have a couple of custom 6154s (mainly done by or modded by Henio). They are some of my favorite watches and the wait is totally worth it.....no matter how tough it is. And I'm with ya on wanting the 449. Always been a huge fan of the SLC dial. The real question is do I want to go 449 in the next month or two or start a custom vintage 6152 w/ CG.

To those with the 448, enjoy it and please post pics!!!!! Cali dials are just stunners

haha yea man i know the wait will be worth it. mine is by black_shark, he makes quite a few vintage pieces and sells them here. i gave him pics of a gen 6154 for reference to do my custom dial. should look absolutely gorgeous! also got him to order a swiss eta 6497 movement and a lovely engraved display back to see the lovely swiss movement. can't wait!!! haha problem is i already have the 448, trying to justify buying the 449 as well.

and as per your request...

on my wrist today :D

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
haha yea man i know the wait will be worth it. mine is by black_shark, he makes quite a few vintage pieces and sells them here. i gave him pics of a gen 6154 for reference to do my custom dial. should look absolutely gorgeous! also got him to order a swiss eta 6497 movement and a lovely engraved display back to see the lovely swiss movement. can't wait!!! haha problem is i already have the 448, trying to justify buying the 449 as well.

and as per your request...

on my wrist today :D

The 448 is my current daily beater!
Always loved the Cali dial, so jumped on this purchase as soon as I saw it had been released.
The lume on this is pretty good too, just from general wear in the office under fluorescent light and it still glows pretty well.

Wrist shot:
y2a4u6ar.jpg