• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

arpa90

2/11/18
He owns a Gen. He legit did a comparison between vsf, zzf and gen and the points he mentioned are facts
He is hating on the ZF sub in a thread specifically about ZF without having owned a ZF before. He can hate on it in as much he likes in his review thread. Not here though.

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Unless I missed something, the (very valuable) comparison was done with a gen LN and a ZZF LV. The ZF was not in the panel. So typically no one has said so far which of the 2 has the LV dial that's closer to gen.

Any comparison, however thorough remains biased. I'm not saying this negatively at all, but we're all human beings and we all have things we care about more than others. For example I like the rehaut engraving better on the ZF than on the VSF. Even in the VSF samples where it's supposedly fixed it's still not as good as on the ZF IMO.

If you want to put a gen crystal then the fact that VSF has a better one becomes irrelevant.

See where I'm going? Even with flaws becoming smaller and smaller, every rep remains flawed and there is no absolute truth as to the best one. It remains a question of personal preference.

Exactly, as you pointed out the comparison was between the vsf and the zzf v2s, which ofc has significantly improvement on the areas which was lacking and so on. Let's go back to zf, I posted a video comparing all the 116610lv, if you speak Chinese you would understand( or also that can translate for you) that the lady comparing the watches said more negative things about the zf than the other watches, specially on regards of the clasp. (can be biased like with Angus cuz maybe she has ties to x factory, who knows) I also think rehaut looks better on the zf and as you said some people care more about some things that others, for me is not a big deal. Zf stock crystal is not better than the others in the market, if you go gen that also becomes irrelevant. The watch is lovely as I said but don't understand why people get so defensive when you point out that the watch cost more than the other options in the market, has crown cw and flush sel and don't really do anything better than the zzf or vsf. Thanks for being civilized not like the other guys in this thread lol

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Exactly, as you pointed out the comparison was between the vsf and the zzf v2s, which ofc has significantly improvement on the areas which was lacking and so on. Let's go back to zf, I posted a video comparing all the 116610lv, if you speak Chinese you would understand( or also that can translate for you) that the lady comparing the watches said more negative things about the zf than the other watches, specially on regards of the clasp. (can be biased like with Angus cuz maybe she has ties to x factory, who knows) I also think rehaut looks better on the zf and as you said some people care more about some things that others, for me is not a big deal. Zf stock crystal is not better than the others in the market, if you go gen that also becomes irrelevant. The watch is lovely as I said but don't understand why people get so defensive when you point out that the watch cost more than the other options in the market, has crown cw and flush sel and don't really do anything better than the zzf or vsf. Thanks for being civilized not like the other guys in this thread lol

All good man, the value of this forum is also to debate and share different points of view :)

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Substar

16/9/20
It looks like a lovely replica. But why buy that instead of a VSF which has been proven to look and feel like the real Rolex and with a better crystal, bezel and crown guards.. and it’s $100 less too.

I’ve had a vsf and it does not feel like a gen or have the refined finish of a gen and the crystal is garbage. Yes it has a good cyclops but it’s edge profile is hideous. Crown guards are a shade too long on the vsf and the crown sits too tight to the case.
I think you will find that the ZF and VSF both use the October release CF insert so I doubt there will be any difference there. When you have a ZF in hand you can pop back from the vsf thread and let us know actual differences bud! And what’s $100 between friends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

So we’re taking a nameless/faceless Chinese ladies opinion as the gospel now? OK got it, good to know. Nobody is getting “defensive” either, just incredulous that biased fan boys with confirmation bias can denigrate something without seeing an objective/impartial comparison (or own one to boot). The twisted irony is clowns like you are the ones being defensive, by being patronising and border line condescending with ignorant tropes like “why would you pay?......”. When their opinion is rooted in bias and conjecture, boggles the mind.

Also comically ironic when muppets like you champion the VSF for its attractive price point, then proceed to spend $1k plus putting gen hands, crystal and DW’s on it *face palm*

P.S The SEL’s on the ZF are not flush, you don’t know what you’re talking about, go figure.

Last edited:

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
ZF have best crystal/cyclops, best dw, best engravings on clasp!, good alligned rehaut. smooth bracelet, good brushing and full 904l steel tested.
VSF have best case, recess, best 3135 movement, smooth bracelet, and good looking crystal/cyclops
Dial&insert equal. Just my opinion after some days use.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
I think it might be a subjective thing. Every picture and video ive seen of the VSF and ZF. The VSF looked miles better.

Yeah u might be right, dont like the blue tint anyway.. but in hands the ZF look to have stronger cyclops effect and more clear crystal.
Both insane good!

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
So we’re taking a nameless/faceless Chinese ladies opinion as the gospel now? OK got it, good to know. Nobody is getting “defensive” either, just incredulous that biased fan boys with confirmation bias can denigrate something without seeing an objective/impartial comparison (or own one to boot). The twisted irony is clowns like you are the ones being defensive, by being patronising and border line condescending with ignorant tropes like “why would you pay?......”. When their opinion is rooted in bias and conjecture, boggles the mind.

Also comically ironic when muppets like you champion the VSF for its attractive price point, then proceed to spend $1k plus putting gen hands, crystal and DW’s on it *face palm*

P.S The SEL’s on the ZF are not flush, you don’t know what you’re talking about, go figure.

Wow. “Clown” “muppet” “patronizing” AND “condescending” “ignorant”

The ZF employees seem to be getting pretty sensitive about a $500 rep. Sensitive but not “defensive” of course. Maybe offensive, but I’d never accuse someone of being defensive around here.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Wow. “Clown” “muppet” “patronizing” AND “condescending” “ignorant”

The ZF employees seem to be getting pretty sensitive about a $500 rep. Sensitive but not “defensive” of course. Maybe offensive, but I’d never accuse someone of being defensive around here.

Oh you’re precious. The old “you have an opposing view, you must be a shill!” schtick.

Yes, wow, how dare I have an opposing opinion, call out hypocrisy and not stand by idly and be condescended for daring to go against the group think.

BTW well done for completely ignoring or trying to refute my points.

Last edited:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Isn’t there some merit to having the buckle in 316L due the hardness resisting scratches more?

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
ZF have best crystal/cyclops, best dw, best engravings on clasp!, good alligned rehaut. smooth bracelet, good brushing and full 904l steel tested.
VSF have best case, recess, best 3135 movement, smooth bracelet, and good looking crystal/cyclops
Dial&insert equal. Just my opinion after some days use.

So out of the two, which would you choose if forced?

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
ZF :) but would be nice to mod them together.

Fair enough! :)

Looking forward to an in-depth review if you plan on doing one. Would love to see a comparison image of the two from a side profile, showing the difference between the crown guards if possible.

Reactions: Tione12

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
that's good to know!

Now, multiple people have the VSF, they just have to take a couple of pics of the bracelet + clasp under the same light, and see if there actually is a visual difference. That's it.

Honestly, it's a huge plus for the vsf given its awesome price range. Kills the ZF for me. Are people finding the finish on their vsf feeling nice?

Reactions: Jayalvin777