• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTRE Limited Edition

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Anyone in CONUS able to get the gen SPECTRE NATO strap from an AD, and what was the asking price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The SPECTRE branded NATO is restricted and can not be ordered separately. The manager of my local Omega boutique even called and emailed corporate and confirmed this for me. Even if a gen owner has their strap worn out or damaged, standard procedure is to have the old strap shipped to an SGUS service center for replacement.

If you know someone who owns a gen and has a VERY good relationship with the sales staff at their local boutique, they MAY be able to order them a spare. That's probably where the ones that are popping up for sale are coming from - either gen owners who "lost" their original strap or who are wearing them on bracelet or leather and don't need the NATO.

R2L

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
The SPECTRE branded NATO is restricted and can not be ordered separately. The manager of my local Omega boutique even called and emailed corporate and confirmed this for me. Even if a gen owner has their strap worn out or damaged, standard procedure is to have the old strap shipped to an SGUS service center for replacement.

If you know someone who owns a gen and has a VERY good relationship with the sales staff at their local boutique, they MAY be able to order them a spare. That's probably where the ones that are popping up for sale are coming from - either gen owners who "lost" their original strap or who are wearing them on bracelet or leather and don't need the NATO.

Thank you!
It looks like that Omega in the US has gone the same direction as Rolex has, where you only get new parts in exchange for the old/used ones. Pity!
This is where our friends in the EU tend to have an edge over us, as their ADs or Service centers appear to be less strict than ours here.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thank you!
It looks like that Omega in the US has gone the same direction as Rolex has, where you only get new parts in exchange for the old/used ones.
Omega is taking this approach everywhere. Independent watchmakers can no longer get Omega parts or if they can it won't be for long.

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
Just accepted my QC pics. Looks like the updated the nato as well, no gaps between the lugs anymore (or it is a v1 but I doubt that as it was out of stock and the 5 is updated

RLo0v4.jpg

GnotO9.jpg

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
Just accepted my QC pics. Looks like the updated the nato as well, no gaps between the lugs anymore (or it is a v1 but I doubt that as it was out of stock and the 5 is updated

RLo0v4.jpg

GnotO9.jpg

Congrats mate , amazing watch!

R2L

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Omega is taking this approach everywhere. Independent watchmakers can no longer get Omega parts or if they can it won't be for long.

Thank you!
Looks like dark days ahead for Omega-philes and others who have watches with ETA movements. Hopefully this restrictive business model won't last long!

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
An other update from the v2 is that the rim under the bezel is polished like the gen

reivilo

Known Member
9/6/14
Canada
Just paid for mine, awaiting QC. Excited!

Ordered mine as well, from PureTime, i am waiting for QC pics and made a few other demands to Angus, i hope everything Will go well!

It is a birthday present from the Lovely Mrs:thumbup:

mkong

Getting To Know The Place
23/12/10
From the v1*

v2 nato strap with Omega branding is 20mm (as shown by previous posts on this thread) and case lug width is 21mm..so if there is no gap now that means they did another update to the nato strap..

Ronald

Known Member
20/4/15
This clear and untextured dial of the rep really annoys me, a major tell.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Thank you!
Looks like dark days ahead for Omega-philes and others who have watches with ETA movements. Hopefully this restrictive business model won't last long!

This restrictive business model has been in the making for years, and was the subject of a major law suit a while ago. It all boils down to the now dead CEO of the Swatch group Nicolas Hysek and his successor (Hysek Jr) not wanting to supply competitors with their ETA movements. It's a main reason why you see so many boutique brands using the Miyota movements these days, and why most of the lower level Richemont brands having become manufactures!

Chel

19/8/14
"This clear and untextured dial of the rep really annoys me, a major tell."

I thought that I'm the only one that have noticed that.

wwschan

Do not accept unsolicited offers
6/4/12
Many of us did notice the smooth dial.

Then don't get it. After all, it's a 280 dollar replica

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
To me the dial is acceptable.. the problem to me is the stuttering seconds. At least according to puretime videos