• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Ploprof OUT NOW!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Report on 4th day of usage.

The watch is 15 seconds faster a day and upon checking up the movement, the fine adjuster is set at positive. Now I have adjusted it back to the middle and now I can confirm that this can be fine tuned to COSC specs.

I have taken it for a 2 hours swimming session with approximately maximum depth reached of 2 metre :lol: No sigh on leak.

The caseback gasket is abysmal. It's really thin and nothing resembles the thick genuine
gasket. I highly doubt that this will work like the gen in terms of depth rating.

He valve is obvious faux. I found no connection to the innerside of the case. And so is the pusher. You can press but nothing happens.

Crown construction is one of the best I have seen in a watch. It is not shaky, has a big tube and supported by the 2 pillars part of the crown guard.

AR on the crystal is good but easily scratched. Mine as quite a huge line/wearing off stretching from 55th minute marker to 3rd minute marker.

Lume SUCKS big time. It glows blue colour but ridiculously short lived. The daylight colour suggests that it is C3 colour and the orange dot on the bezel actually glows but last only a couple of minutes.

Despite its large size, I think this watch is comfortable to wear even on a small wrist. Thanks to the fine adjuster ala Rolex Deepsea.

Datefont is spot on.

Minute hand comes with slightly wrong orange tone. Nothing to complain here as they will never get it right (dates back to SMP and PO).

Save your money and get the Asian ETA version. The 21j will do just fine also until they release an "improved" version.

The non quick set hour doesn't bother me a bit.

Tips on cutting the rubber:
if you have a small 6.6" wrist like me,

cut the shorter portion (i.e.: the strap part underneath 6 o clock position) to number 2. This will leave number 1 intact.

DO NOT cut the longer portion of the strap too much. This is to allow you for diver's extension. Cut till number 5 leaving 1-4 intact.

This will result in loose fit for 6.6" wrist without having the watch too loose but you can always extend it to fit till 7.8" easily.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Thanks for the update Taka!

Mine must must be going by slow boat around the horn so I'm enjoying it vicariously through your reports! :biglaugh:

Is there any connection from the button and HE valve to the inside of the case? I have a really horribly fun idea if the inside of the case is completely separate... :whistle:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Thanks for the update Taka!

Mine must must be going by slow boat around the horn so I'm enjoying it vicariously through your reports! :biglaugh:

Is there any connection from the button and HE valve to the inside of the case? I have a really horribly fun idea if the inside of the case is completely separate... :whistle:

Let those horrible thoughts commence then. ;)

He valve is obvious faux. I found no connection to the innerside of the case. And so is the pusher. You can press but nothing happens.

renson

Horology Curious
10/1/09
Mine arrived safely from Trusty the other day. Initial impression was terrific. Put it next to my Ocean7 and it is about 3mm thicker than Mr Ocean. Loved the lume when I put it under the light. I wish it glowed longer than 5 min. A few down-sides: 1. Push button does nothing as stated in many other threads. 2. He valve does nothing but that doesn't matter to me as it is not going below 20ft. 3. The rear seal is small and was pinched. I wonder if it can go 1ft. Can I put a flat oring at the bottom? There is a ton of empty space inside. 4. The crystal is not flush with the bezel. My O7 is and makes it look sharp. Is the authentic Ploprof flush?

I noticed that the cheapie from Hont has the correct Omega logo but it has green lume on the bezel.

Put on the Omega mesh and it makes it look nice. A keeper.........for now.

Veratio

13/3/07
Is the 128 usd version from Hont acceptable quality-wise? The mini-rewievs here are all of the eta-clone version, right?

I love this watch. Have for a long long time.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes, this is the clone ETA version.

I think for the price as it is, acceptable to me.

@OC: It's really no connection, been thinking the same thing to just grind the whole thing off :lol:

renson

Horology Curious
10/1/09
I was too quick to judge the lume on the higher end version. The Blue burns brightly for about 5 min then settles down for about 6 to 8 hrs visible in the dark. Not bad. Now if someone would pressure test it so I don't have to.

I don't think I could deal with the cheaper version having the green on the bezel with the blue on the dial. Just me.

What about the color or the minute hand. More of a red than the orange of the original. Has anyone set them side by side?

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
So let me get this straight. G's relative who arrears to be Anglo (not Chinese), was responsible for Fiat and 5% of the Italian GDP in his day?

G. Curcio, you might be adopted, you might want to check in to that. Just sayin. :)

I'm Chinese? When the hell did I become Chinese?

I'm Italian ...yes, albeit we both eat noodles but that is where the similarity ends.

Does my avitar make me look Chinese?

I think I need to look into change'n my avitar if it does!

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
lol...., that avatar of yours is Hidetoshi Nakata? playing for perugia in his playing days?

Veratio

13/3/07
Anyone ordered the 108/128 version from hont and can give a few comments, that would be appreciated.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
About a week of wearing.

I have to concur that this watch is comfortable on the wrist, despite its large size. However, I started to get bored.... Well, this is really not the kind of watch you would want to wear as a "daily beater". There is something missing from this watch. I would put it this way; yes it is a tool watch but it is not as versatile as the modern Seamaster Pro or Planet Ocean.

Pressure tested mine ot 5 bar and it's OK but I notice that the caseback gasket is just faulty by design. It is not that way on the genuine.

Hont has came out with the same version, cheaper price of course.

The cheaper 100 bucks version has many flaws on its own. The biggest plus is only correct Omega logo on the dial.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
LOL, yes R2 am on the verge of doing it.

Even the Corum Admiral's Cup 48 is more practical than this watch.