• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Ploprof OUT NOW!

w@tchlume

Known Member
9/5/10
that is an ugly watch taka, I cannot believe you and alvin both like it, yikes..

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Photo courtesy of Hontwatch. It seems that I have overpaid A LOT. Currently only 21j available but you can enquire him.

Look the case variations available. YAY! I love the all black too. I am going to get the gold case with white dial and white strap to pimp it.

Hont is asking way below the cartel :p

_DSC0946.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Nah, it's better to just get the gen then, right Taka? :rofl:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Nonsense... The gen is like what 6000 dollars?

Gen:Rep price ratio is too big.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
That's a cool looking spread of watches but I am with w@tchlume on this one. Well then I am also biased because this was suppose to be the most super rep ever and it didn't even pan out. no flat feet, incorrect font on bezel, I'm hearing the bezel is suppose to be sapphire, lock button doesn't even work (wtf?).. not my thing. hopefully they don't mess up the 42.5mm PO this badly.

robertk

16/3/06
It is Ugly. The emperor has no clothes?

Maybe, It's so ugly it's good looking.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Sorry but this watch is soooo wrong for me...Basically give me a hammer and i will fix it al ot...Not my taste for sure and not an omega...I wouldnt buy that alien watch...

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
It's definitely a polarizing design as far as fashion is concerned, but the original Ploprof was a serious dive tool watch. Function over form. If you dig classic divers from the 70's, this one is a must have. It's definitely a major piece in Omega's famed Seamaster line, both historically and innovation-wise. Jacques himself had one of theses.

Here's some interesting articles: http://www.ploprof.com/Site/Home.html

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Rep or gen, if I saw anyone wearing this watch in a meeting or out in the town I think I'd have a laugh... However, even if you're not a diver, it would be a pretty cool watch to wear for a day at the beach, sailing, etc. Just get it waterproofed first.

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
I dont like it ........or do I like it ? ........................ I could find a space for it coudnt I .then would I like it ?..........my head hurts now:headdesk:

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
I dont like it ........or do I like it ? ........................ I could find a space for it coudnt I .then would I like it ?..........my head hurts now:headdesk:

I'm thinking the safe money is on one of these ending up in your collection. Everything ends up in your collection. ;)

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
4000ft it still won't reach the Deepwater Horizon. 1280 feet too short.

jcrry2

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/09
i dont care for it, except for the lume style

i wonder if the reps can set the hour hand independently with out a hack

tenshin2002

3/1/09
I think the watch is beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?
Ordered one from Perfect clones, never ordered from there before so hope it goes fine...
@jcrry2: I dont think they will bother with that, just slap in a 2836 clone and be done with it is their mentality. Would be cool if they did though. Although I´m not sure I would want that on a rep, its an accident with the movement waiting to happen.

LP640

18/1/09
WOOOOOOW finally, I waited along time to get one of these, going to order one now :)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It's here guys:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rwi-exclusive-omega-ploprof-54412?p=539976

Just a summary of my first impression:
Watch is heavy, solidly built
Crown is not flimsy
Overall it has a huge wrist present
Big size but OK for small wrist
Pusher is dummy, you can press it but it doesn't affect the way the bezel turn
Bezel turn has a solid feeling. It can go both direction.

You can't set the hour hand only without hacking the watch. So it function just like a normal ETA2824-2/2836-2 movement.

Movement is clone but has ETA stamp.

z9opw3zj

9/10/09

Sam. You like it. Get one. I did. Mine's from Hont. You have a space for it. Berti's old room :)