• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
sfgerl wow nice comparison. Could u take more pics indoor by putting the CF dial next to the gen hands please. Wanted to see how the white lume plots compares to the gen.

And which do u think is the best in terms of their green colors, the BP or the CF?

Thanks mate!

Don't think this photo is too helpful, since the crystal is in the way. The dial is the ZZF/Clean Factory dial, the watch is my frankened Noob 7 which has gen crystal, gen hands, Noob dial and spongebob-modded Noob insert.

Anyway, here you go:

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
sfgerl

And which do u think is the best in terms of their green colors, the BP or the CF?

Honestly, IMHO they look pretty darned close to each other! Personally - since I don't do the mods myself and have to pay someone else do them - I don't think it's worth the $ to have someone take the markers off of the ZZF Hulk dial (which I think everyone agrees are the most gen-like to date) and put them on a BP dial. I just don't think that the difference between the ZZF and BP will be that noticeable to 99.9% of people who will get a glancing view at the watch while I am wearing it. Now, if it was ZZF or BP dial vs. gen, well that's a different story - neither dial is going to fool anyone side-by-side with a gen. But I think the likelihood of someone doing that with my watch is <0.0001%!

It's funny, I happened to see a LN sub on the wrist of a patient a couple of weeks ago, I had a few seconds to take a quick look from about a foot away, and found myself looking right at the markers to tell if it was really gen! Sure enough, they were very squared off, so I knew it was a rep. For me, the markers are an important tell. I am fortunate enough to have a gen insert and bezel waiting to be put on the watch, so when all is said and done, the only non-gen parts will be the dial, the case, and the bracelet - a reasonably passable Hulk at 1/3 the cost of gen.

Last edited:

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
The BP is a lovely dial - but those squared-off markers just jump out at me, and otherwise I just can't appreciate a difference between the two, other than the wonky X and the font being different. In this light, the VRF insert doesn't look that bad, either - but the paint is definitely whiter compared to that in the gen. But - I have to say, the depth of the green in the gen insert is amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Thank you everyone for the reviews, photos and opinions. I pulled my trigger and now am waiting for my QC. Wish me luck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Thank you everyone for the reviews, photos and opinions. I pulled my trigger and now am waiting for my QC. Wish me luck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, based on all your valuable comments I just placed an order for the ZZF V2 and ARF bracelet. Hope I get a good one. Thank you all :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The BP is a lovely dial - but those squared-off markers just jump out at me, and otherwise I just can't appreciate a difference between the two, other than the wonky X and the font being different. In this light, the VRF insert doesn't look that bad, either - but the paint is definitely whiter compared to that in the gen. But - I have to say, the depth of the green in the gen insert is amazing!

Boom! This is what I was talking about, green fans fade to black. You got it gerl, I think you're done now.

UcUE3.jpg

Reactions: Timewellspent

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
So did I read correct?

The best (nearest) to gen dial is at the moment BP+CF Markers? but the problem is that the BP is not available anymore?

The CF Dial is good, but not the best.. it doesn't go as black as the BP right? + the X flaw?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Reactions: processengr and wNe

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
DJF Hulk here. It’s definitely not perfect, but that dial sure turns to black:

Extra shot: not so crazy sun flare either!

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Boom! This is what I was talking about, green fans fade to black. You got it gerl, I think you're done now.

UcUE3.jpg

I think so, too. Off to Mike to have dial and insert/bezel put on!!

Reactions: KJ2020

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
That GMF dial is quite nice with your ARF markers. Too bad the GMF marker lume sucks. I am waiting on 2 GMF dials also from Li, both of which I know I'll have to relume.

Just to clarify... is the GMF dial the same as VRF and BP? The GMF dial in that photo has Different font to the BP dial I just got and the colour looks slightly better as well.

grkpmpn69

Known Member
17/12/18
These are looking pretty damn good...
Told myself I'd never get a Hulk but these have my attention.