• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
VaderTime
​​​​​​More pics on the gen hands vs v9 and gen hands vs zzf please. Im still deciding on which markers or dial to install. Need the closest color of the white lume to gen hands :)

Like I said in your pm to me.if you really want perfect without buying a gen dial use the clean markers on the bp/gmf /vrf dials

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Damn. These look good. Never was a fan of the 6 digit subs but I’ve always liked the hulk. The datewheel looks great too. If anyone plans on going with a gen datewheel, I’ll buy this one off ya. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaderTime

9/10/17
VaderTime
​​​​​​More pics on the gen hands vs v9 and gen hands vs zzf please. Im still deciding on which markers or dial to install. Need the closest color of the white lume to gen hands :)

I sold the V9 hands lol but the Gen hour hand seems to be a bit longer than ZZF, and ZZF minute lume seems just a tiny tiny bit thinner than Gen minute hand. Overall, the Gen handset does look different. I’m not an expert so I can’t describe why it looks different lol but if your not comparing both side by side up close, it’s hard to tell.

Also, on the left pics (V9) I have Gen bezel and spongebob insert, Gen xtal and dw. The plat on ZZF looks very good compare to spongebob. Bezel wise, the Gen teeth are easier to grab and turn (feels more grip on the teeth).

I never had a BP dial so i really don’t know the difference, but the markers on the ZZF is damn excellent!

Xtal and dw wise, it is easier to look at the date on the Gen xtal and dw compare to ZZF which seems to have a slight glare. Gen dw is just more sharper when looked through the cyclops, but ZZF has the best rep dw I’ve seen.

VaderTime

9/10/17
Yep you got a good one bro. How is it compared to your Noob Franken?

Thanks KJ! Honestly my noob franken feels more solid, maybe because of the ARF bracelet since the ZZF bracelet feels kind of plastic lol I wanted to weight both watches to see if there’s any difference but I can’t find my scale lol. Overall, the ZZF watch itself if very good, the bezel turns tight and smooth compare to stock V9. My ZZF crown feels really flimsy but it’ll go into service and swap all my Gen parts over from V9 anyway, so I’m not worried. Also, the crown doesn’t feel that smooth when turned onto the tube, has a little plastic and metal grinding feeling to it compared to my V9 with Gen crown and tube. The rehaut engraving is excellent! The SEL and lugs has no gaps and very tight, so tight that I had a hard time putting the ARF bracelet on, so I gave up lol. The case back sits very flush with the case, my V9 protrude out a tiny bit.

After wearing it all day today, I've decided to only swap over gen xtal, gen dw, gen hands, gen crown, gen tube, and arf bracelet and it'll be perfect to me lol

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks KJ! Honestly my noob franken feels more solid, maybe because of the ARF bracelet since the ZZF bracelet feels kind of plastic lol I wanted to weight both watches to see if there’s any difference but I can’t find my scale lol. Overall, the ZZF watch itself if very good, the bezel turns tight and smooth compare to stock V9. My ZZF crown feels really flimsy but it’ll go into service and swap all my Gen parts over from V9 anyway, so I’m not worried. Also, the crown doesn’t feel that smooth when turned onto the tube, has a little plastic and metal grinding feeling to it compared to my V9 with Gen crown and tube. The rehaut engraving is excellent! The SEL and lugs has no gaps and very tight, so tight that I had a hard time putting the ARF bracelet on, so I gave up lol. The case back sits very flush with the case, my V9 protrude out a tiny bit.

After wearing it all day today, I've decided to only swap over gen xtal, gen dw, gen hands, gen crown, gen tube, and arf bracelet and it'll be perfect to me lol

Thanks for the detailed analysis and your plan sounds good. The insert color looks really good.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Day 1 with this beautiful thing lol
UpiED.jpg

Told u it look good innit :) happy new year rwi and all my friends and just lurked here and mods here enjoy

Last edited:

VaderTime

9/10/17
Told u it look good innit :) happy new year rwi and all my friends and just lurked here and mods here enjoy

happy new years bro! it'll be a good new year since I received both the daytona and hulk at once yesterday lol Very exciting!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just received my ZZF Hulk today, overall it's a great rep!

I've noticed that the Gen hour hand Mercedes star is thinner than ZZF, but the lume is great!

Another view of your pics. Agree with what you said about the hour hand, also the lume plot in the ZZF hour hand tip is definitely smaller. The whole ZZF hour hand has bolder borders and looks flatter to me.

UCOKb.jpg

Last edited:

VaderTime

9/10/17
Another view of your pics. Agree with what you said about the hour hand, also the lume plot in the ZZF hour hand tip is definitely smaller. The whole ZZF hour hand has bolder borders and looks flatter to me.

UCOKb.jpg

You are definitely spot on with them eagle eyes lol

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/7/17
VaderTime Looks really good. Please do post pics after u mod them. Can't wait lol!

Aqq007

Known Member
Patron
Certified
9/7/19
UK
Like I said in your pm to me.if you really want perfect without buying a gen dial use the clean markers on the bp/gmf /vrf dials

I agree with Smoke here.

Personally I have not seen too much difference between clean dial (which I purchased for comparison) and my modded GMF dial with ARF markers. I could upgrade to clean markers but the change would be minimal but for those looking at a new mod perhaps it’s the way to go.

some photos showing GMF dial with ARF markers

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Sometimes my Noob V9 makes horrible reflexes. the dial sometimes looks as iridescent as a $ 10 watch face. Can you guarantee that this horrible effect does not happen with the CF dial?
f7c84f70aebec9f849df5c890a7e0b09.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/7/17
Aqq007 could u please post of both the CF and gmf next to each other? Interested to see em both