• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yeah, the insert color looks similar to the versions we've had before. It's lacking that fresh apple green hue.

Yes insert is a total miss. I think it’s 2nd most important thing right after dial. It’s easy to spot fake hulk looking at the insert.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Yes insert is a total miss. I think it’s 2nd most important thing right after dial. It’s easy to spot fake hulk looking at the insert.

I have read other members' comments, they were very happy with the colour of the insert; very close. And they've held it side by side with the gen. And my opinion is also much more positive towards this new ZZF hulk.

Last edited:

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Ha ha not really but here we go.

20191228-134230.jpg

Ha ha but I can say the zzf insert and dial looks nearly identical to gen .NEARLY very very close it's a joke how close it is now this pic make it look off but it's really close. I'm gonna say I've not seen a rep hulk this cclose in color

This comment is promising..

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I have read other members' comments, they were very happy with the colour of the insert; very close. And they've held it side by side with the gen. And my opinion is also much more positive towards this new ZZF hulk.

Lots of people happy with their rep hulks and always have been - theres a huge thread for it. Bottom line on a Noob, ARF, VRF is that the insert has always been a million miles out.

I haven’t seen anything different on this one so far. Lets wait for a trusted opinion and side by side in the sunlight.

Edit - pic above is not valuable. It looks just like my V7 Noob - which is way off. Like i said - you need more than a photograph because the green cannot be captured at sensor.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcom440

shortlegs

31/5/19
Agree that if the CF V1 bezel is anything to go by, the insert is probably not good enough. But having a decent case, and good movement and dial, is good enough for me, for now at least. If and when a really good rep hulk bezel insert is produced, it should be a simple matter to swap it into the ZZF.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Thanks for this.

For the benefit of all the folks who have never seen the gen, could you describe the similarity and difference as well? Especially in bright sunlight.

As you’ll likely already know the green of the real bezel is well out of camera gamut, so it looks duller and flatter in a picture than it does in real life. (its the same when trying to photograph bright blues or reds) This has the effect of making rep hulks look a lot closer to the real ones in pictures, but in real life, the difference can be quite dramatic.

Certainly, I am still awaiting QC pics so it’ll be a bit before I have the watch in my hands.

Reactions: muiramas

Renowned Member
9/12/18
If someone got the watch but for some reasons want to C&R, please let me know.

I am in CONUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
So far only Li can source it ? what about the other TDs?

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Puretime still has empty hands (told me they "waiting for samples from the factory")

However a bit disappointing this zzfv2 lv, insert off in this video and even the dial under sunlight it's not very close to gen

PoptheC

18/5/13
The insert color looks so off from Btadl1997's photos. Curious why Smoke said it is nearly the same as gen.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The insert color looks so off from Btadl1997's photos. Curious why Smoke said it is nearly the same as gen.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Because the lighting I was in when I was looking at the gen at the same time as the zzf on my wrist it looks extremely close.its all about lighting
maybe I got a really good insert lol.

Reactions: kloc123