• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
I agree with Smoke here.

Personally I have not seen too much difference between clean dial (which I purchased for comparison) and my modded GMF dial with ARF markers. I could upgrade to clean markers but the change would be minimal but for those looking at a new mod perhaps it’s the way to go.

Is it me or are the markers badly scratched on this?

Aqq007

Known Member
Patron
Certified
9/7/19
UK
Aqq007 could u please post of both the CF and gmf next to each other? Interested to see em both

Yes I can do but one (GMF) is now inside the Franken watch so it will be not be a good comparison shot. Will do so in any case when I get back from holiday next week

Last edited:

newrepper

13/6/18
Sometimes my Noob V9 makes horrible reflexes. the dial sometimes looks as iridescent as a $ 10 watch face. Can you guarantee that this horrible effect does not happen with the CF dial?
f7c84f70aebec9f849df5c890a7e0b09.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

I know what you mean my noob yacht master used to do the same thing and it really bothered me. My zzf v2 hulk doesn’t seem to do it though. I will look for it in brighter lighting to confirm though and get back to you

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I know what you mean my noob yacht master used to do the same thing and it really bothered me. My zzf v2 hulk doesn’t seem to do it though. I will look for it in brighter lighting to confirm though and get back to you

Thank you very much.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Sometimes my Noob V9 makes horrible reflexes. the dial sometimes looks as iridescent as a $ 10 watch face. Can you guarantee that this horrible effect does not happen with the CF dial?
f7c84f70aebec9f849df5c890a7e0b09.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

No it doesn’t. I swapped a CF dial into my Noob v9 and it is much better in every respect. No crazy light sabres on it like the v9.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I agree with Smoke here.

Personally I have not seen too much difference between clean dial (which I purchased for comparison) and my modded GMF dial with ARF markers. I could upgrade to clean markers but the change would be minimal but for those looking at a new mod perhaps it’s the way to go.

some photos showing GMF dial with ARF markers
UTLmj.jpg

That GMF dial is quite nice with your ARF markers. Too bad the GMF marker lume sucks. I am waiting on 2 GMF dials also from Li, both of which I know I'll have to relume.

Last edited:

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
How does the insert colour compare to the genuine? Any side by side pics yet?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Thanks KJ! Honestly my noob franken feels more solid, maybe because of the ARF bracelet since the ZZF bracelet feels kind of plastic lol I wanted to weight both watches to see if there’s any difference but I can’t find my scale lol. Overall, the ZZF watch itself if very good, the bezel turns tight and smooth compare to stock V9. My ZZF crown feels really flimsy but it’ll go into service and swap all my Gen parts over from V9 anyway, so I’m not worried. Also, the crown doesn’t feel that smooth when turned onto the tube, has a little plastic and metal grinding feeling to it compared to my V9 with Gen crown and tube. The rehaut engraving is excellent! The SEL and lugs has no gaps and very tight, so tight that I had a hard time putting the ARF bracelet on, so I gave up lol. The case back sits very flush with the case, my V9 protrude out a tiny bit.

After wearing it all day today, I've decided to only swap over gen xtal, gen dw, gen hands, gen crown, gen tube, and arf bracelet and it'll be perfect to me lol

So based on your personal experience, how hard will it be to put the ARF bracelet on the ZZF V2? Do you think it needs some additional sort of machining work for it to fit?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
So based on your personal experience, how hard will it be to put the ARF bracelet on the ZZF V2? Do you think it needs some additional sort of machining work for it to fit?

Other people have done this without issue, maybe after a cleaning it would be easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

VaderTime

9/10/17

Not hard at all, just take a bit more time compare to the V9 since the SEL and the Lug gap is also none on the ZZF which is a good thing.

Reactions: leo6929

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Thank you for the comparison photos.

The ZzF looks dark under the sunlight to me. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
sfgerl wow nice comparison. Could u take more pics indoor by putting the CF dial next to the gen hands please. Wanted to see how the white lume plots compares to the gen.

And which do u think is the best in terms of their green colors, the BP or the CF?

Thanks mate!

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
l sfgerl Thank you for taking the time do post those pictures, they are very helpful. The ARF insert numbers looks white next to the Gen.