• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KPh0zL.jpeg

I had tried to do this 4 years ago with a Noob dial but it was just slightly too small.

KPhGvQ.jpeg

So the dial ended up in an SD4K case, which was very good but I missed the original dial.

KPhF6S.jpeg

KPhfAW.jpeg

So I finally got an ARF dial, which was a larger diameter and tried again. It had to be shaved a little bit.

KPh7ao.jpeg

KPhuJk.jpeg

KPhskD.jpeg

Test fit in the case
KPh6uX.jpeg

It's a 3135 dial going in a 2836 case so the feet had to be clipped and new ones glued on. I rely heavily on pics for alignment needs. That's a VS3135 DW with teeth grinded off used a DWO. Also note the use of a GMT hour wheel over the normal hour post. This greatly helps keep the dial in position for gluing the feet on.

KPhNFP.jpeg

KPhPF2.jpeg

KPhkv3.jpeg

After all the shaving and gluing the dial gets a bath and a blow dry. This leaves it pristine.

KPhQJ5.jpeg

KPhBdp.jpeg

KPhtIb.jpeg

After the bezel is reinstalled and the tape ring in place, I put a toothpick under the insert so it won't stick off-center. Again using pics to get proper alignment.

KPhnnc.jpeg

KPhbOR.jpeg

I just love these dials but I can't manage the 44mm case.

KCGJtF.jpeg

Cyclops was removed by heating under a lighter for 3-4 minutes and it scraped right off with a razor blade.

Finally, the one I wanted for so long!

KPh0zL.jpeg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Amazing, @KJ2020. Incredible aptitude, talent and skill.
Appreciate the kind words bro. Really just intermediate level tasks though, if that. There are some very talented modders here doing some spectacular things. Today I really wanted the watch in the sales post below but someone beat me to it. Check out the detailed descriptions of the mods done, and for that price!? I've got more than one foot in the dog house for my continued spending but I committed to the purchase anyway. Look at that movement, it's 40-50 years old - serviced, plated, radial brushed, chamfers on the bridges (anglage) and the caseback engraved, decorated, just wow. And the dial, the lume work omg some crazy superior skills on display by this member, I couldn't pass it up without an attempt to snag it.

Last edited:

TheDan772

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
7/7/23
SF
Appreciate the kind words bro. Really just intermediate level tasks though, if that. There are some very talented modders here doing some spectacular things. Today I really wanted the watch in the sales post below but someone beat me to it. Check out the detailed descriptions of the mods done, and for that price!? I've got more than one foot in the dog house for my continued spending but I committed to the purchase anyway. Look at that movement, it's 40-50 years old - serviced, plated, radial brushed, chamfers on the bridges (anglage) and the caseback engraved, decorated, just wow. Some crazy superior skills on display by this member, I couldn't pass it up without a try.

Doing what you do blows my mind. No small feat and real craftsmanship. Well done.

Reactions: KJ2020