• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
I'm in the USA so I'll look for one in the modder section.

Quick question:

Do I need to buy the PPF or PF keylog date wheel since my watch is PF but will have a PPF dial? I'm assuming I need to buy the PPF date wheel so it lines up with the PPF dial right?

+1

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I know what I need to get for this build.

Can anyone list which TD they used to source some PPF parts like the blue dial V2?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I am trying to find the modders section. Am I missing something I have searched and searched. I found the area for modifications but I don't see any list of modders.

_Unknown

Horology Curious
15/2/19
Hi there,

I want to ask one question after seeing your comments.

How about the SW 200 Nautilus version ?
http://www.trustytime02.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_199&products_id=7332

What do you think about it? I like those gen parts. But after some read I know that PF is better with the PPF Dial, heads, and a keylog/PPF DW. Also the thickness is one thing that I want to be the closer to gen possible and this SW 200 version is a bit ticker.

But I wonder if Is it possible to the use those SW 200 gen parts to let's say, a PPF movement which is not so thick? Will the watch still 8,5mm after changing those parts?

Also, the difference in thickness with all these versions is because of the movement of them right?

I'm new to this rep watch world, and I'm reading as much as I can in order to buy a good Nautilus and one Royal Oak now.

Thank you. Regards

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hello Unknown, the link you posted is to a non-TD and I am not sure what maker that is for the Nautilus. My advice to you would be to either get the PPF V2 blue dial and consider getting a PF bracelet somehow if you don't want to have to get any mods done. Or get the PF and the PPF parts and keylog date wheel I mentioned and then find a modder to make the changes for you.

As far as the Royal Oak is concerned if you mean the 15400 then I would look at JF since most people think they make the best rep and I have a few and also think they are very well made.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok just heard back from Puretime and they said they cannot get the PPF parts. Anyone able to let me know from which TD they sourced PPF parts?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ok just heard back from Puretime and they said they cannot get the PPF parts. Anyone able to let me know from which TD they sourced PPF parts?

I would reach out to some members that have sourced the parts before and ask them which TD they used. Tgz did it recently, see his thread, entitled "5711 Mod Advice".

Reactions: Mr Monaco

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi Gilrob that is great advice. I just posted on Tgz's thread and am waiting to hear back. I also sent a PM to Nivka as it seems they did the same mod already. Thanks

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I still could use some advice on a good modder in the USA that I could send the Nautilus to for the modifications. Thanks

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I still could use some advice on a good modder in the USA that I could send the Nautilus to for the modifications. Thanks

Have you looked into the modder / horologists section on the homepage of the forum?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi Tobel yes I found that section. But I do not see list of modders. Is there such a thing I must be missing it.

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Hi to all!
Today I’ve received my new 5711 PPF v2!!
But at first I need to thank all of you and all the discussions and replies in the past 56 pages.
I was using a JJF replica, and it was good, but now, looking and touching this watch, realize that the PPF is a world ahead!
Thank you friends!

P.S. Someone of you wrote that is almost impossible to take a realistic photo of the dial color... it is true!

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
Hi to all!
Today I’ve received my new 5711 PPF v2!!
But at first I need to thank all of you and all the discussions and replies in the past 56 pages.
I was using a JJF replica, and it was good, but now, looking and touching this watch, realize that the PPF is a world ahead!
Thank you friends!

P.S. Someone of you wrote that is almost impossible to take a realistic photo of the dial color... it is true!

+1

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
How embarrassing my friends.... the date didn’t change because it was 12 hours behind.. my AP RO behaves in the same manner.. silly me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to find a time zone that's 12 hours behind or in front and move there. Problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

chiccovn

4/10/19
I hope these are not QC pics... What's the purpose of this post?

i paid for a ppf garage door dial, the local shop sent me these pics of the watch they are shipping... hopefully it is an ok ppf v2!