• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I'm on an AD waiting list, but refuse to pay grey market prices, which also means no warranty.

Warranty follows the watch and is transferred to whoever owns it.

I paid full grey for a BLRO, got full warranty..and if I sold it today I’d get all my money back - so it’s not like you’re going to lose out. RRP is a special discount. Grey price IS the market prices.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Warranty follows the watch and is transferred to whoever owns it.

I paid full grey for a BLRO, got full warranty..and if I sold it today I’d get all my money back - so it’s not like you’re going to lose out. RRP is a special discount. Grey price IS the market prices.

Correct....Many ADs put out misinformation claiming the 5-year warranty is non-transferable (presumably to discourage gray market activity). However, so long as the warranty info was properly submitted to Rolex in the initial sale, the warranty is transferable.

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
If I was a poor Chinese man

The TDs are hardly "poor" by any measure. Have a look at the size of the replica business, might surprise even such a wealthy and affluent person as yourself.

you have no business calling people stupid for paying the asking price [...] In my circle, people are spending up to low six figures on illiquid jpg files.

It's kinda cute how you keep trying to justify your purchase to yourself and proving my point in the same breath :thumbsup:

I have seen much crazier than this.

QED.

Hey, it's your money, feel free to get fleeced both ways by that "poor Chinese man" selling you leftover rejects for premium. Just don't expect to get applauded for being an accomplice in bringing these gray market type shenanigans and price hikes to these parts.

BoatBoat

Horology Curious
25/8/21
The TDs are hardly "poor" by any measure. Have a look at the size of the replica business, might surprise even such a wealthy and affluent person as yourself.

It's kinda cute how you keep trying to justify your purchase to yourself and proving my point in the same breath :thumbsup:

QED.

Hey, it's your money, feel free to get fleeced both ways by that "poor Chinese man" selling you leftover rejects for premium. Just don't expect to get applauded for being an accomplice in bringing these gray market type shenanigans and price hikes to these parts.

Doesn't seem like much rotary action occurring in your frontal lobes considering we are on a watch forum.

Perhaps you should read my post one more time.

Rich or poor, if someone had foreseen a shortage of Noob V4s, and such an event takes place, they rightfully deserve to profit from the before-mentioned preparation.
That's how business work. Making money by solving problems for other people. In my case, my problem was being a couple of weeks late to the party.

Why should I have any right to demand the original price?

Speaking of business, I am still waiting for you to sell me NEW Noob V4 stock at the original price or at least tell me where I can buy Noob for 698 USD or even 950 USD.

You wouldn't believe it but I was already offered 1200 USD for my purchase that hasn't even reached me yet.
You would be surprised by how many messages I received on this forum and on Reddit regarding the Noob situation.

Last edited:

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
they rightfully deserve to profit

I would respectfully direct you to RWI sales rule #10.

You wouldn't believe it but I was already offered 1200 USD for my purchase that hasn't even reached me yet.
You would be surprised by how many messages I received on this forum and on Reddit regarding the Noob situation.

In regards to people, common sense (or rather the lack thereof), profiteering and greed, nothing surprises me anymore.

Try selling the surplus watches here at RWI at a markup and see how well that goes for you ;)

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I would respectfully direct you to RWI sales rule #10.

In regards to people, common sense (or rather the lack thereof), profiteering and greed, nothing surprises me anymore.

Try selling the surplus watches here at RWI at a markup and see how well that goes for you ;)

As Boat Boat is so well connected over on Reddit I'm sure he will be fine.

Reactions: Ylijumala

BoatBoat

Horology Curious
25/8/21
I have no idea why you think I would sell these watches for a quick 25% profit when the entertainment value these watches come with is way beyond that sum for me.

Being able to buy something so simple and piss people off at the same time is nothing short of amusing to me.

My favorite part though is finally breaking the community gatekeepers with their so strong opinions, yet weakly held.

Cheers, boys.

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
Being able to buy something so simple and piss people off at the same time is nothing short of amusing to me.
My favorite part though is finally breaking the community gatekeepers with their so strong opinions, yet weakly held.

Ah, so you're just a troll after all. Thanks for confirming. You'll have loads of fun here with that attitude, but you're overestimating your future entertainment value methinks :cool:

BoatBoat

Horology Curious
25/8/21
Ah, so you're just a troll after all. Thanks for confirming. You'll have loads of fun here with that attitude, but you're overestimating your future entertainment value methinks :cool:

You seem keen on making assumptions about what I am here for or what my intentions are.

No mate, I am bored of Covid, and I got strangers on the internet telling me to buy a NEW watch for 698 USD that simply can't be purchased for that price.

Now, who is trolling who?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
You seem keen on making assumptions about what I am here for or what my intentions are.

No mate, I am bored of Covid, and I got strangers on the internet telling me to buy a NEW watch for 698 USD that simply can't be purchased for that price.

Now, who is trolling who?

You're really making a lot of new friends here with your wonderful attitude aren't you?

Reactions: Ylijumala

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

Back to the star of the show ;)

And I'd like to point out that I'm wearing this today because of a truly genuine person on this forum ( architekt), not someone who would "set whatever price they wanted".

That's not how this forum works.

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
You're really making a lot of new friends here with your wonderful attitude aren't you?

Next he's maybe gonna tell us that he does not need friends and that's not why he's here. With that attitude and belittling of the "community gatekeepers" and the rules of the forum he's on, he could have fooled me though!

Yug94

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/3/21
hello everyone, I would like to have your opinion. is this noob v 4? and if so are they acceptable, I wonder if the word "chronograph » is not misaligned. Thank you !
link : https://imgur.com/a/7d5cmgF

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
hello everyone, I would like to have your opinion. is this noob v 4? and if so are they acceptable, I wonder if the word "chronograph » is not misaligned. Thank you !
link : https://imgur.com/a/7d5cmgF

The 'CHRONOGRAPH ' definitely isn't misaligned because it doesn't exist . The words CHRONOMETER & COSMOGRAPH look OK to me though .

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I Love my noob Daytonas. I hope noob comes back
237a97e8126c87684c5af1f448a3189d.jpg

a87d174a5dd399318b20dc02cf983efe.jpg

5ae98ad5eeb95270973abba863d891da.jpg

11923d7841f735fb9ab2eed0dada17f4.jpg

644288f11de64dd2d40b9cf315e5ad16.jpg