• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
As long as there are crazy people to buy, this will be the result..shit!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
No. Crooked 9 marker. Probably a previous QC reject.

Been sold a few times too looking at those stickers/wrappers.
Its getting modded as soon as it gets here. To be completely honest i need the case and movement. I have an arf on the way for parts and most likely will go the gen dial or aftermarket dial route anyways, or even the arf one. Probably get a clean bezel too. But yeah for the price i should be more nitpicking but to be totally honest i just want one before its too late.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Cowboy45 hi mate, show us the photos once you're done with the mods! Especially if you take franken route with a gen dial, gonna be quite the looker...:happy:
Will do! Itll take me some timw to source parts depending how far it goes but it will be great. Ive been waiting on a gen forever. I just refuse to spend the almost 40k for one. So this will do for now!

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
I was bitter about $998.

$1188 is bullshit. Wouldn't do that one.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Sorry, But this guys are the Problem that TDs can sell this Watches overprice.

No problem mate, I understand how you feel but this particular situation is determined by the current scarcity of Noob V4 around. But if things change and if in the future there is a new entity that produces a large number of good Daytonas with the 4130 movement, prices will return to normal. It is not these guys who alter the dynamics of the market.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
It's not about being stupid or `having more money than sense'.
If I didn't have a nice modified Noob incoming, I'd pick up a standard marked up one.
Can afford a genuine Daytona and I'm on an AD waiting list, but refuse to pay grey market prices, which also means no warranty.
So there's where my line is, no problem paying for a marked up replica, but problem with marked up genuine.
If my net worth was double, I could see that line shifting, so it's more about perspective from where you're currently at.

Yes, people willing to pay causes the price to rise, which prices other people out, but that's just market supply and demand.
Just wait, the replica 4130 will be reincarnated at around the previous price, hopefully by a factory that can get the case shape, dial crown, sub dial hands, and bezel gasket correct.

BoatBoat

Horology Curious
25/8/21
If I was a poor Chinese man and had held on to some new Noob stock for months after it disappeared from the market, you can bet your ass I would set whatever price I wanted.

Unless you have an equal rep in 12.5mm for sale at the old price, brand new, you have no business calling people stupid for paying the asking price.

People come from different economical situations. In my circle, people are spending up to low six figures on illiquid jpg files.

I have seen much crazier than this. Like the guy above said; it’s about perspective.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I assume you're talking about NFT JPGs.
I don't get it, why own an original when you can have a copy for free, and is there a resale market?
Cryptocurrencies are also essentially worthless, ironically unless tied to FIAT, like stable coins.
Very few people are actually going to pay for above ground goods and services with something that on a given day could be worth less than acquired for.
I'm listening for another 1637 like implosion...

Reactions: Azwethinkweiz28

BoatBoat

Horology Curious
25/8/21
I assume you're talking about NFT JPGs.
I don't get it, why own an original when you can have a copy for free, and is there a resale market?
Cryptocurrencies are also essentially worthless, ironically unless tied to FIAT, like stable coins.
Very few people are actually going to pay for above ground goods and services with something that on a given day could be worth less than acquired for.
I'm listening for another 1637 like implosion...

Not gonna hijack this thread for such an off-topic with no relevance to watches.
(but in a world of infinite universes (games/MMORPG) being able to create genuine verifiable unique items is the game-changer.)

I am merely saying that 600/1200/1500/2500 USD for a good Daytona Rep is the least of the craziness going on in this world.

Anyway, all of my fake noobs and real noobs have been shipped.

Excited for this :)