• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob released a new AP Diver. Now called V4.1...

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
There should be plenty with a search...

My beloved 3.5 Swiss is staying with me thank you very much. I have a neat Saffiano leather strap thats just the bollocks.

Masmannan

Woody284

24/3/13
There should be plenty with a search...

My beloved 3.5 Swiss is staying with me thank you very much. I have a neat Saffiano leather strap thats just the bollocks.

Masmannan

What flaws do you have on your 3.5 from the new 4.1. Bc I've seen some 3.5 with inner lume that's good that weren't relumed

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
Does anyone have a link of review of the v3.5? I can't find it

Don't need it. Just wait till the watch is in your hands. You will forget all about this 4.1/4.0 bs. The 3.5 diver is a very nice watch and pictures don't do it justice at all. I've compared mine to gen in person and yes the bezel different stands out like hell but meh a rep is a rep. The 4.0/4.1 is thicker yes, but it still looks rep.

AP-Diver-11.jpg

amyhahav.jpg

Just look at the bezel and the markers. The finish is two diff things. If one was to get all bent over bezel thickness. There's 8 screws screaming rep as well lol.

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
These questions feel like "I've got an iPhone 5, should I purchase the next model?"

JJBliss

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/1/12
All I have to say is that this might be the first time I ever sold a watch before it was depreciated (and deprecated) due to a new version. I recently sold my unworn, low-beat Vac diver because I just didn't wear it. I got top dollar and all my money back. Normally, I'm the yutz who would have waited until TODAY to try to sell my modded V3.5... :)

AND, just to tell you all that I am sick - I sold a great watch because I didn't really love it enough to wear it - and was happy to have the $950 back - and NOW, I'm looking at buying ANOTHER ONE !!!!!!! God damn it!!!!!!!!

:D

Actually, I'll wait this one out. BUT, if I ever DO want an AP Diver again, it'll be a Vac modded 4.1 with low beat. Until ,of course, the next version comes out.....

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
What you guys have to remember is that there is no more V3.5's available unless a dealer has old stock sitting waiting to sell. Your only options now are the V4.1 noob or the V4 new maker.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Why would anyone want the 3.5 when they could get the v4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
I thought we were saying that if you already own the 3.5. Then stick with it. If you don't, then go with the upgrade. A bit like my iPhone 4 - I don't need the version 5. Ill wait it out till the 6 or whatever becomes a game-changer.

Masmannan

msm1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/12/12
I've been reading the whole thread ev

msm1

Banned
30/12/12
Whoops : ) Been reading this every day but still not sure whether the 4.0 or 4.1 is better. I'm thinking 4.1 as noob is tried and tested but the crown and crown guard and evenly applied lume seem like biggies to me. Leaning towards 4.1 at the moment though. Can't wait for a comparison

msm1

Banned
30/12/12
Bump for more updates : )

D

d4m.test

It's funny that in the past year of discussing the AP Diver 3.5 the only complaint I ever heard was about the lume, and maybe the cyclops AR still not being perfect. Now we're hearing about crowns, crown guards, and even hour hand lume thickness. Where were these complaints before? We are all insane. ;)

I'm waiting for a side by side between the 4.0 and 4.1 as I still suspect the 4.0 is better in some areas. Noob factory obviously released the 4.1 as a stopgap and may release a 4.??? soon if someone proves the 4.0 is still better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gran

Known Member
16/5/06
It's funny that in the past year of discussing the AP Diver 3.5 the only complaint I ever heard was about the lume, and maybe the cyclops AR still not being perfect. Now we're hearing about crowns, crown guards, and even hour hand lume thickness. Where were these complaints before? We are all insane. ;)

I'm waiting for a side by side between the 4.0 and 4.1 as I still suspect the 4.0 is better in some areas. Noob factory obviously released the 4.1 as a stopgap and may release a 4.??? soon if someone proves the 4.0 is still better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

V4 has few supporters so far. I guess chanel will be forced to make a V5 to be able to sell it efficiently against the noob 4.1.

BTW I an waiting for a V4 but have not seen an QC pics I can approve yet and it has been more than a week now....

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
So what's the general consensus now.. in comparison to the v3.5 is this correct:

-V4 has better crown guard and better lume but overall brushed finish + finish of the dial + cyclops & crystal are all back steps
-v4.1 has better lume, everything else the same?

Am i missing anything?

So basically a whole lot of talk for no real progress..

Of course i am merely speculating, i'll admit i don't have the time to read through all these threads but this is the jist as i've seen?