• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob released a new AP Diver. Now called V4.1...

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
I'm so confused so the one I got from the supposed other maker is actually an updated noob?

Sent from the dark side of the moon

no actually that was from chanel factory (v4).

angus is calling his noob release v4.1

Strad

Horology Curious
1/2/13
Noob V4.1 seems to have a crisper font and thinner stripe on hour hand, IMHO.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Chanel factory?
:rofl:
As far, as I know, absolutely all APs made at Noob factory.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
no actually that was from chanel factory (v4).

angus is calling his noob release v4.1

Anyone else find it ironic how all of these surfaced all of the sudden , after a member picked one up outside the dealer circle ? Now all of the sudden Noob floats a 4.1. I smell bullshit.

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
Anyone else find it ironic how all of these surfaced all of the sudden , after a member picked one up outside the dealer circle ? Now all of the sudden Noob floats a 4.1. I smell bullshit.

whats the verdict brother. hows the quality on the new ap diver compared to your v3.5

vootzilla

26/3/08
To sum up..

4.0 is from the "other" maker then Noob just released his 4.1 version with updated inner bezel lume also.

I love competition..

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
whats the verdict brother. hows the quality on the new ap diver compared to your v3.5

I opened the case back and everything looks similar. For all we know all these are coming from the same place. In my opinion, the bezel font improvements make this or the 4.1 a must have.

kindred666

12/3/12
Yes, it smells fishy... First, it came suddenly when a member pointed it out, then most TDs insist Noob is better than surprised new maker (Their reasons why they chose not to carries it), TDs now carries it and no longer feels its much inferior, V3.5 suddenly updated to 4.1 and walala side by side its almost similar... :hehehe:

I opened the case back and everything looks similar. For all we know all these are coming from the same place. In my opinion, the bezel font improvements make this or the 4.1 a must have.

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
Ok... Weird... So the "Other maker's V4" and "Noob's V4.1" are pretty much identical??
The other maker was supposed to have a better crown, has thismalso been upgraded in the Noob's 4.1???

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Yes, it smells fishy... First, it came suddenly when a member pointed it out, then most TDs insist Noob is better than surprised new maker (Their reasons why they chose not to carries it), TDs now carries it and no longer feels its much inferior, V3.5 suddenly updated to 4.1 and walala side by side its almost similar... :hehehe:

:thinking:

I smell a rat here

Pratt

24/4/13
Update

Very simple la
Noob factory got their 3.5, pass to X factory
X factory upgrade a little sell it as 4.0
Noob factory continues in their upgrades launch a 4.1 .. Then they do not need to throw all their 3.5 away..

So when they know a new version is coming, they will do the same thing again to factory Y to sell as version 5 with upgraded strap or whatever.
Then a new 5.1 will be out with better lume and date plate whatsoever.

I just hope they do something about the ROOs by 2020!