• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Initially, the insert and colors are what drew me to it. I just thing the transition location is such a cringeworthy tell. Just wondering if anyone did anything about it ever.

Sent from the RWI App

Your eyes have to be really really good to spot the transition location on wrist as a "tell". In terms of Pepsi/Batman inserts, the Noob 126710 and now the GMF v3 Batman inserts are well above the rest. The only reason Noob can justify this watch at such ridiculous price is the game changing insert.

Reactions: KJ2020

srhoque

28/11/18
Can anyone confirm if the Noob 126710 case can take a VR3185 movement? I understand the dial feet might be an issue and we need different hands but we can work that.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Can anyone confirm if the Noob 126710 case can take a VR3185 movement? I understand the dial feet might be an issue and we need different hands but we can work that.

I second this. I remember seeing in another thread that this is possible but I sometimes doubt my memory as wishful thinking lol.

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
bec201d4d94144e17033b7f1000beeca.jpg

The v1 had a slightly better transition point. Best rep insert ever, makes up for all the other little flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rockdaytona

srhoque

28/11/18
bec201d4d94144e17033b7f1000beeca.jpg

The v1 had a slightly better transition point. Best rep insert ever, makes up for all the other little flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it’s my eyes but is that black hole effect or is the crystal looking a bit milky?

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12

It works, but only with a custom movement holder. Dial feet will need to be cut, and I assume you need gen (or gen spec) hands.

srhoque

28/11/18
It works, but only with a custom movement holder. Dial feet will need to be cut, and I assume you need gen (or gen spec) hands.

Thank you Sir!! Also, by any chance is the crystal the same as the 116710 GMTs?

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Thank you Sir!! Also, by any chance is the crystal the same as the 116710 GMTs?

Disclaimer--I have never handled or worked on one of these! But since others have done builds with standard crystals, it should be gen spec/compatible with other Noob models, etc.

srhoque

28/11/18
Disclaimer--I have never handled or worked on one of these! But since others have done builds with standard crystals, it should be gen spec/compatible with other Noob models, etc.

Thanks again!! Very helpful and much appreciated!!

Last edited:

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
Your eyes have to be really really good to spot the transition location on wrist as a "tell". In terms of Pepsi/Batman inserts, the Noob 126710 and now the GMF v3 Batman inserts are well above the rest. The only reason Noob can justify this watch at such ridiculous price is the game changing insert.

I understand that the others seem to have glaring flaws because of the WAY the insert was created and that this is much better, but it seems to me that the split inside of the eight is a very easy tell. I like this model because I think it’s truly beautiful (I prefer the darker color, as I think it will age much better), but I don’t understand why there’s such a high price point when all of these inserts split inside the eight.

Sent from the RWI App

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I understand that the others seem to have glaring flaws because of the WAY the insert was created and that this is much better, but it seems to me that the split inside of the eight is a very easy tell. I like this model because I think it’s truly beautiful (I prefer the darker color, as I think it will age much better), but I don’t understand why there’s such a high price point when all of these inserts split inside the eight.

Sent from the RWI App

Ceramic won't change color with age. The wrong transition point at 18 is a trivial flaw IMO, I never even think about it anymore. The red brown color of the insert is a much quicker tell to anyone who knows the gen model well. The Noob Pepsi insert cannot coexist with a gen, there is no contest just like the rep Hulk inserts (possibly excepting the ZZF V2S but doubtful). We just need to buy into the fantasy we are all here to share in.

Look at the VRF Batman 126710 insert if you want to see one that is truly unaccptable. Look at the 18 transition point.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=21147

Noob overcharges for all of their GMTs not just the Pepsi. Their Batman is $648 and the insert is garbage. Not to mention they are all 2824 timebombs. These watches would be overpriced at $400. The Pepsi is only marked up slightly, it has a corner on the market. Personally I think Noob is price gouging to make up for huge losses in their raids last June.

Noob Batman. Strap in for those speed bumps! Brand new QC, loving the clean triangle, go Noob!

t843k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Unfiltered pic of a Noob next to a GMF. The Noob really looks this way in low light conditions. Not its best side for sure. There's still room for improvement with a Pepsi insert.

t1N6o.jpg

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Finally got around to putting my modded one back together with some tips from KJ on that damn bezel ! , Still think this is closest to the genuine one for now , especially with a few tweaks. Hoping ARF pull something out the hat though.

20200417-223224.jpg

Last edited: