• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Yes. Still inside the loops of the 8, so not exactly like gen. But because the Noob transition is a little hazy, you really can't tell until you get closeups under bright light.

mine does not go into 8 too much. It seems to me like that of the video ...

CaptTango1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/1/20
United States
How are the hands? Noob's hands tend to have rough edges, I wonder if the same is in this new GMT.. can any new owners chime in and please post more pics!!!!

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
mine does not go into 8 too much. It seems to me like that of the video ...

That's awesome, man. Let me know when you're ready to sell! I have noticed some early ones had a better transition point, but also the darker red, almost brown lower half (good example here). Some of those also had the problem where the color gets darker towards the edge of the insert. I haven't seen major color problems on any recent ones. So maybe Noob is dialing in the right specs for both color and transition point? Or more likely it's random and the only QC is done by the customer.

nycwatchguy1989

15/1/16
East Coast
I am rolling with the Noob Pepsi timebomb and upgrading to a prof xtal. If the movement craps out, I’ll ask you guys for a modder who I can send my paperweight to for a replacement. Rolling the dice!

Ugh. I wish I had the testicular fortitude to step up to the plate like this too. I see myself either a) getting this eventually and stomaching the $650+ or b) I’ll wait so long there will be an ARF or another cheaper variety that comes out that I’ll pick up.

Sent from the RWI App

nasar73

26/8/18
ee105bba5eb884b2371c8d2171637dd2.jpg

Installed gen gmt Crystal and datewheel. A must nod for every single rep Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I couldn't see any responses to see which version of this watch was? I was looking to order this one : Noob Version, can you please confirm if this is it.

​​​​​​https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20498

Thanks

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
So, this looks perfect to me, but I don’t understand how they can make the mistake with the bezel insert splitting at the wrong spot on the numbers. Is there a way to replace with a GEN bezel insert? What do people do?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
So, this looks perfect to me, but I don’t understand how they can make the mistake with the bezel insert splitting at the wrong spot on the numbers. Is there a way to replace with a GEN bezel insert? What do people do?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Have you tried looking for a Gen insert? "Good luck" is all I could say to that haha.

Despite the flaw you see, its definitely the best insert around. Colors are pretty good, and the numerals I'd say are very good.

Reactions: TheGarethJones

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
Have you tried looking for a Gen insert? "Good luck" is all I could say to that haha.

Despite the flaw you see, its definitely the best insert around. Colors are pretty good, and the numerals I'd say are very good.

Easy, just buy a gen and replace it lol

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18

Initially, the insert and colors are what drew me to it. I just thing the transition location is such a cringeworthy tell. Just wondering if anyone did anything about it ever.

Sent from the RWI App

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18

Initially, the insert and colors are what drew me to it. I just thing the transition location is such a cringeworthy tell. Just wondering if anyone did anything about it ever.

Sent from the RWI App

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA

Sent from the RWI App

I suppose it's a tough pill to swallow given the price and that it is also a timebomb movement. But I know I haven't seen any other insert close to as good, despite the transition point.

Could always wait to see if ARF or GMF comes out with one. Or maybe even VRF. Or who knows... NOOB might even try to bounce back in the GMT game since they're now behind the other factories, in regards to movements at least.

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
GMF VRF and aftermarket insert have wrong engravings.