• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Do you think the gmf dial centered the DW? Do you have a picture with Noob dial? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look around 50...on the pages...that has the noob dial..I hade made sure the dealer pict one with the most centered date..in a sense the gmf dial did make it more center

Last edited:

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
The one I’m working on had dates that were slightly left justified. On mine the dial wasn’t centered with the pinion so I adjusted the feet and looked better. I ended up using a gen datewheel as an overlay though anyways.

Couple pics. Bezel is not entirely like gen and they are still gluing the insert.

The movement crapped out on me as well train wheels were toast so I swapped with eta parts

8e9b11bd010bdd9dce5ca899ae1cb41c.jpg
70bd732a50eb3d37186cc5e79093f3a6.jpg

Special thanks to @vvvlllooo
Sending helping me out with his spare dial to aid my gen marker swap.
afd34daeac009a423a2e24bc52da9c05.jpg

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Great job Pelagic. Going on the excellent job you did with your SD43 I'd imagine you would like to find a gen insert? or use the noob for now until the 18 transition is revised and improved? I'm just not sure quite how obvious it is on the wrist, I'd be interested in your opinion when you have finished.

Just out of curiosity when you centred the dial did you have to cut the dial feet and re-attached them? are they soldered on? Was it hard to remove the markers and re-attach them? how are they attached? just curious, I don't think I would ever attempt it! :)
many thanks :thumbsup:

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Great job Pelagic. Going on the excellent job you did with your SD43 I'd imagine you would like to find a gen insert? or use the noob for now until the 18 transition is revised and improved? I'm just not sure quite how obvious it is on the wrist, I'd be interested in your opinion when you have finished.

Just out of curiosity when you centred the dial did you have to cut the dial feet and re-attached them? are they soldered on? Was it hard to remove the markers and re-attach them? how are they attached? just curious, I don't think I would ever attempt it! :)
many thanks :thumbsup:

Thanks bud.

The insert transition at 18 is decent on this one. Not perfect but better than some I’ve seen. On the lookout for a gen but these are going to be tough to get. On the wrist I’m happy for now with this one.

35c1ce7125c133effa8c786950d2706e.png

The noob has a big dial spacer on this chs movement so the dial feet are long and can be slightly manipulated to adjust the dial. Not to much cause you can break them off.

Markers are easy to remove. Just push from the back side of the dial. The markers have small pins that are glued. I’ve had issues with markers pulling paint on some dials but doesn’t seem that way on this dial.

For the gen marker install I made a template with a gen dial so I can re drill the rep dial if the pins don’t align. That way I can use the gen pins on the markers.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Looking forward to seeing the finished watch Will!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Soriku

Horology Curious
1/11/18

Hey guys, just received my QC pictures. I have particular questions.

So far so good in general but I am a bit disappointed with the date wheel, does it look disaligned to you? Plus the magnifier looks blurred... opinions?

thanks!!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
The one I’m working on had dates that were slightly left justified. On mine the dial wasn’t centered with the pinion so I adjusted the feet and looked better. I ended up using a gen datewheel as an overlay though anyways.

Couple pics. Bezel is not entirely like gen and they are still gluing the insert.

The movement crapped out on me as well train wheels were toast so I swapped with eta parts

8e9b11bd010bdd9dce5ca899ae1cb41c.jpg
70bd732a50eb3d37186cc5e79093f3a6.jpg

Special thanks to @vvvlllooo
Sending helping me out with his spare dial to aid my gen marker swap.
afd34daeac009a423a2e24bc52da9c05.jpg

no problem bud

Reactions: KJ2020

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
if you compare the color change from red to blue at 18 on the gen, this Noob is still wrong and easily noticeable...on the noob it's in the middle of 8, which is wrong

center of 8 should be all blue.

Reactions: Francio

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Pelagic Vvvlllooo Do you guys still have your QC pics? If so I'd love to see them for reference. Issue with the 8 aside, the color of both your inserts is great. Some TD listings and QC pics show colors that are much darker, and I have seen one non-TD with a basically brown/black insert. I'm curious if the TDs are just using bad lighting. If your QC pics showed dark colors like Soriku got, I'd feel good about an order.

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Pelagic Vvvlllooo Do you guys still have your QC pics? If so I'd love to see them for reference. Issue with the 8 aside, the color of both your inserts is great. Some TD listings and QC pics show colors that are much darker, and I have seen one non-TD with a basically brown/black insert. I'm curious if the TDs are just using bad lighting. If your QC pics showed dark colors like Soriku got, I'd feel good about an order.
I’m seeing the same thing. The darkness of the noob bezel in too many pics looks way too dark, even for an mk3. Some, especially in this thread, look great. But a lot, including a bunch of sales threads and QC pics, the bezel looks like it’s being viewed through dark brown sunglasses.

Is there a wide range of color/luminosity variability in the noob bezel insert? Or is it all lighting playing tricks. To me, some look so dark, it’s worse than any gen I’ve seen looks. If it doesn’t look blue/red in anything but direct sunlight, I think it’s too dark.

QC pics are usually very bright. So if it looks too dark in a QC pic, I think it’s too dark.

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07

Lighting plays a big part on the insert. I doubt any of them are a different color. I have seen different transition points though. I’ve seen some that are very close and some that aren’t. Luck of the draw I guess.

Truthfully with these new 3185/6 movements out I would wait and see what vrf or ARF come out with.

This noob is nice but the movement sucks. Noobs case is amazing but the tube position is off to install one of the new movements in it.

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Lighting plays a big part on the insert. I doubt any of them are a different color. I have seen different transition points though. I’ve seen some that are very close and some that aren’t. Luck of the draw I guess.

Truthfully with these new 3185/6 movements out I would wait and see what vrf or ARF come out with.

This noob is nice but the movement sucks. Noobs case is amazing but the tube position is off to install one of the new movements in it.

Hey, are you completely sure of it?

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Thanks for your reply and details on your build Pelagic, I think your spot on with your comment on waiting to see what comes out from ARF and VRF, anyone who is looking for an OOTB good rep will likely be better off waiting. The movement problem, lack of black hole and border line bezel is just too much hassle for the price. I've noticed quite a bit of inconsistancy in the number spacing around the bezel too, with the 12 triangle aligned the 6 is too low and if you check the spacing all round it's not that good. The colour is the wrong shade of red too with the brown tint instaed of a strawbury tint. These are not really problems on the wrist but I just dont see why noob think this is worth such a premium over a clone movement ARF/VRF LN. (apart from the waiting list for the gen!)

It's likely that a gen Batman bezel is easier to find so this may be a better route for members unless a Pepsi is your grail. It would be nice to test drive one on the wrist but I think these are a bit over priced when you consider the movement and xtal change needed. Great if you have the time and skills to mod it though, I'll be following the development of this model in the rep world with great interest.

Reactions: leo6929