• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Sorry to hear about that bro. That's exactly the symptom of the jumping hour spring breaking. Shows just how fragile they are. You do have two solutions now. The CHS movement can likely be fixed (I say likely because to date only one has been done) or you can replace the movement with an ICHS one. Personally IDK why CHS is so fervently sought after. In 30 years of owning a gen CHS no one have EVER noticed, commented, or asked me about hand stack. Not once. We are the only ones who care, and we suffer sometimes for our passion. I have about 10 GMT / Exp reps and all are ICHS. Never give it a second thought as the hands are always pointing where they should be and are easy and worry free to adjust. The GMT and hour hands are only near each other once a day for about two hours, and you pretty much need a loupe to really see what's where on the stack. I was wearing my gen one day in Walmart and buying a battery for another watch. The lady looked at my watch and said "Oh you've got a Rolodex, I don't know if we have batteries for those". Lol, people don't know! Anyway, don't give up on your watch. It can be made to work again. It will be different, but it will also be less fragile.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-why-the-chs-gmt-movements-are-failing/page11

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...swap-your-chs-movement-to-ichs-is-it-possible

Thanks fella. Just bummed that it happened within 10 mins of getting it. I’ve reached out to the TD to see if I can buy another CHS movement but I doubt they’ll sort this.

Whilst I’d love to have a go at swooping out the movements or even repair this one. I don’t have the tools or experience (although I am an engineer). Do you know of anyone who could work on this? Preferably in UK or Europe.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks fella. Just bummed that it happened within 10 mins of getting it. I’ve reached out to the TD to see if I can buy another CHS movement but I doubt they’ll sort this.

Whilst I’d love to have a go at swooping out the movements or even repair this one. I don’t have the tools or experience (although I am an engineer). Do you know of anyone who could work on this? Preferably in UK or Europe.

Thanks

If this were mine I would ask the TD for an ICHS movement and hand set. Any watchmaker can do either swap for you. Same dial, movement holder, stem and crown.

As far as working on the CHS, I'll try to get a simple comprehensive post up soon on the fix several of us arrived at. It's also something any watchmaker can do once it's understood what is needed. The fix locks the GMT hand to the hour hand, each retaining its individual period of rotation. However you can manually set a GMT offset between the hands if desired when pressing them. The fix also restores the quickset date feature, so I think it's an acceptable compromise.

Reactions: Pietros

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So I had removed the noob crystal gasket and replaced it with gen crystal and gasket. What do you know..they are 0.01mm apart from each other. Probably the best improvement to this watch. Probably the only one needed to do.

I bought the watch for $668 and crystal for about $350. I installed it myself. It is a little over $1000 watch but it is a very nice watch. It comes very close to my gen Batman. For a 1/18000 of the price...it's a good deal for me as I know Rollies retain their value. I am trying to build the best budget Pepsi rep. I have a GMF dial coming and so when I do get it, will install and post up pictures. Dial was $110 from Andrew from Trusty time made to bolt onto the movement without mods. I am amazed by the quality and how this rep is made. Makes me question my gens.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
1-gen gasket
2-gen crystal
3-noob gasket
4-noob crystal
5-gen batman
6-noob pepsi
7-finish product

Great, thanks bro. It actually looks like your Noob gen crystal sits a tad lower than your gen Batman. And no issues with second hand clearance, that's a big plus.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Mine is at Prof's now getting one of his black hole Xtals , I have seen a prof's vs a gen in hand and I didnt see ANY difference ! but hopefully when mine comes back I can still say the same?
if not a gen xtal will be next

Thanks mate. Is prof xtal guy named Stephen? I have some guy from here in my email list but I cant remember is it him or someone else

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Great, thanks bro. It actually looks like your Noob gen crystal sits a tad lower than your gen Batman. And no issues with second hand clearance, that's a big plus.

Heck yes I was worried about that but no issues once measured

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Mine is at Prof's now getting one of his black hole Xtals , I have seen a prof's vs a gen in hand and I didnt see ANY difference ! but hopefully when mine comes back I can still say the same?
if not a gen xtal will be next

Prof is very good, the issue I had in the past was it gets scratched over time. I know he puts it under the crystal blah blah blah but it does wear and scratch in time

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

Thanks

Your TD must adjust it.