• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Oh forgot, Bezel action is a par under gen but feels good. Feels like there is more resistance on the gen when turning. The Bezel scallops need to be deeper and does not look like gen, but who can tell right? 6/10 for bezel

Datewheel..no need to replace as it looks very good.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Awesome video, thanks for taking the time. It appears you got a good one!

Reactions: KJ2020

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Well I got mine tonight, absolutely stunning looking rep but my cyclops is a mile off, rotated clockwise so I'm definitely ordering a gen crystal.
Other than that, I couldn't be happier-my gen Seamaster and gen Explorer 1 will be unemployed now...
1.jpg

2.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok thought I was getting out of the rep game but this post had me going and I had to get one. Got it from Trusty from Andrew! I know he is not a TD here but damn, he was good. Here's my 2 cents! This could be considered a super rep. Wow. I am amazed by the quality and build of the Noob GMT pepsi. I shot a video comparing it to Gen Batman!!! The color on the insert is still iffy to me but looking at the MK3 picts on TRF..they are close as people are complaining about darker colors. Of course today is cloudy outside, cmon man, its Florida, the sunshine state! Conclusion if you didn't want to wait. Buy it, get a gen crystal and maybe a GMF dial ( I ordered one on the side, incoming, will compare later). Or take out the Noob 6 and 9 Markers and replace them with another dial as they are just a little wider then gen look. Otherwise, very good watch.

Case..spot on, gen like. A tad taller on the CG but you can't tell.

Insert...it is maroon, but in light I see a lot of red. Will take picts once the sun starts to come out. The color of the numbers are very good..very close to gen colors..creamy white with hint of sprinkled silver flakes

Dial..wow, from the pictures it does not look good but in person and in video...very good. Matches very well except for the markers, need a be smaller. On the wrist can't tell.

Hands. Very good no need to replace

Crystal.. Good, out of the box has blue hue, crown etched, and black hole effect. I'm pretty anal and if you see a gen crystal...you may want a gen to replace the stock. If not, it is very good. It is only a micro hair taller! (P.S. I have a gen on hand and will install)

Crown..good..who looks at that?

Bracelet...feels light..but looks good. No sharp edges and finishing is good.

Clasp..good..hard to open in and out but probably needs an oil bath. Overall the looks of it is very good.

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/2sEfMrd_eoM

Excellent video bro, thanks. Shows things still shots can't. Looks really good, colors are fine IMO.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Great review Vvvlllooo Got mine also from Andrew, as you say it’s a great looking watch. Just a shame my movement crapped out before I even got the bracelet adjusted...

35302a2d72e288b5013a1150603e1342.jpg
c196c267e0e269a906234abfccfa375d.jpg
4dffba18e17e5219e12e160a12510415.jpg
39e923ffbd7b7b7af5b9893c612614c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pietros

TudorGstaad

28/6/19
Great review Vvvlllooo Got mine also from Andrew, as you say it’s a great looking watch. Just a shame my movement crapped out before I even got the bracelet adjusted...

35302a2d72e288b5013a1150603e1342.jpg
c196c267e0e269a906234abfccfa375d.jpg
4dffba18e17e5219e12e160a12510415.jpg
39e923ffbd7b7b7af5b9893c612614c7.jpg

What happened to the movement exactly and how long did you have the watch ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Well, mine I arrived today and looks very good but looks like the movement is fecked. I followed the sticky from KJ2020 and whilst adjusting the date (by moving the Mercedes hour hand whilst rotating the crown counter clockwise) the hour hand stopped indexing (jumping to the next hour) and just started moving smoothly. When I pull the crown to position 4 all hands move apart from the mercedes hour hand

Anyone want a great looking broken watch?

Sorry to hear about that bro. That's exactly the symptom of the jumping hour spring breaking. Shows just how fragile they are. You do have two solutions now. The CHS movement can likely be fixed (I say likely because to date only one has been done) or you can replace the movement with an ICHS one. Personally IDK why CHS is so fervently sought after. In 30 years of owning a gen CHS no one have EVER noticed, commented, or asked me about hand stack. Not once. We are the only ones who care, and we suffer sometimes for our passion. I have about 10 GMT / Exp reps and all are ICHS. Never give it a second thought as the hands are always pointing where they should be and are easy and worry free to adjust. The GMT and hour hands are only near each other once a day for about two hours, and you pretty much need a loupe to really see what's where on the stack. I was wearing my gen one day in Walmart and buying a battery for another watch. The lady looked at my watch and said "Oh you've got a Rolodex, I don't know if we have batteries for those". Lol, people don't know! Anyway, don't give up on your watch. It can be made to work again. It will be different, but it will also be less fragile.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-why-the-chs-gmt-movements-are-failing/page11

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...swap-your-chs-movement-to-ichs-is-it-possible

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
What happened to the movement exactly and how long did you have the watch ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Had it 10 minutes, went to set the date by jumping the Mercedes hour hand and after the date flipped around 7 days the spring inside that allows the hour hand to jump broke.

Can still use the watch by just setting the GMT arrow hand but can’t track a second time zone now. Bummed out.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
Sorry to hear about that bro. That's exactly the symptom of the jumping hour spring breaking. Shows just how fragile they are. You do have two solutions now. The CHS movement can likely be fixed (I say likely because to date only one has been done) or you can replace the movement with an ICHS one. Personally IDK why CHS is so fervently sought after. In 30 years of owning a gen CHS no one have EVER noticed, commented, or asked me about hand stack. Not once. We are the only ones who care, and we suffer sometimes for our passion. I have about 10 GMT / Exp reps and all are ICHS. Never give it a second thought as the hands are always pointing where they should be and are easy and worry free to adjust. The GMT and hour hands are only near each other once a day for about two hours, and you pretty much need a loupe to really see what's where on the stack. I was wearing my gen one day in Walmart and buying a battery for another watch. The lady looked at my watch and said "Oh you've got a Rolodex, I don't know if we have batteries for those". Lol, people don't know! Anyway, don't give up on your watch. It can be made to work again. It will be different, but it will also be less fragile.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-why-the-chs-gmt-movements-are-failing/page11

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...swap-your-chs-movement-to-ichs-is-it-possible

Thanks fella. Just bummed that it happened within 10 mins of getting it. I’ve reached out to the TD to see if I can buy another CHS movement but I doubt they’ll sort this.

Whilst I’d love to have a go at swooping out the movements or even repair this one. I don’t have the tools or experience (although I am an engineer). Do you know of anyone who could work on this? Preferably in UK or Europe.

Thanks

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
3285 movement has same problems of 3186? Thank you in advance, before I pull the trigger.... :(

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
Personally IDK why CHS is so fervently sought after. In 30 years of owning a gen CHS no one have EVER noticed, commented, or asked me about hand stack. Not once. We are the only ones who care, and we suffer sometimes for our passion. I have about 10 GMT / Exp reps and all are ICHS.

I totally agree with your point of view. Given that, now there is the issue of a decent pepsi bezel insert on an ICHS watch. I have a GMF and it's ok but more like a gen MK I and that's stretching it. So if one desires more of a MK III like insert:

NOOB + a rediculous amount of money + an unreliable movmt = patients in waiting for the next ICHS.

Last edited:

kbyoung

Looking Around
19/1/19
Yes, it is well aligned. HOWEVER, I woke up this morning to find the hour hand stuck @ 10pm. :mad:

I reset it to the correct time, following the correct procedure and we'll see what happens tonite. Is there a forum member who can work on the 3186, if needed?

I had a similar issue with a NOOB GMT. Hour hand would always stop at 10pm. Local watch guy fixed it.. told me he just had to tighten the cannon pinion and that it was an easy fix. Hope this helps..

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: m5smg2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
3285 movement has same problems of 3186? Thank you in advance, before I pull the trigger.... :(

There are no clone 3185/6/7 or 3285 movements. Those are fake engravings on ETA 2824 (CHS) or 2836 (ICHS) movements.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Thanks!

So are there any forum based watchmakers who could be contacted to take this on?

I had a similar issue with a NOOB GMT. Hour hand would always stop at 10pm. Local watch guy fixed it.. told me he just had to tighten the cannon pinion and that it was an easy fix. Hope this helps..

Sent from the RWI App

MKTimer

Known Member
10/12/17
Oh forgot, Bezel action is a par under gen but feels good. Feels like there is more resistance on the gen when turning. The Bezel scallops need to be deeper and does not look like gen, but who can tell right? 6/10 for bezel

Datewheel..no need to replace as it looks very good.

Thank you for that awesome video mate. Enjoy the watch.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Gen crystal installed

B9F5D6CE-6DC5-4D5A-B99F-ABE3704D88CA1e2b3d91faed3427.jpg

EC538235-0F03-4EC8-8BB2-DC2C9CE533EA545712b87874cf60.jpg

That was fast, looks great. Did you have to remove the bezel?

Also did you keep the rep gasket, and can you tell us the thickness of the Noob crystal? Oh and a side profile shot showing crystal height too. Thanks bro, people wanna know these things!

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Yes, removed the whole assembly. It was pretty much still new with grease and so it came apart pretty easy. Gen crystal and gasket fits like a glove. I’ll post some specs as I measure gasket and crystal.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes, removed the whole assembly. It was pretty much still new with grease and so it came apart pretty easy. Gen crystal and gasket fits like a glove. I’ll post some specs as I measure gasket and crystal.

Nice work!