• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Explorer II 42 White - Best Rollie Rep So Far?

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
This is my 2 month old exp2.

explume.jpg

explume2.jpg

Gen:
exp2gen.jpg

Looks neither wrong nor sloppy to me.

Is that the regular Rep dial or relumed? Man that lume application looks absolute killer! Would want to get one myself :)

orm

Known Member
1/9/09
Sel Fit isn't good
Crystal is totally wrong
Daylight Lume is now better on the v2
Rehaut engrave totally wrong there is no GEN with Matrix Rehaut
Orange Color isn't 100% the same
The shape of the Hands are wrong
DateWheel Font wrong font and size

need more ???

Clasp wrong
CGs are not soooooo good

Bezel numbers too thin i think is biggest tell except for hand stack ofcourse.

Is that the regular Rep dial or relumed? Man that lume application looks absolute killer! Would want to get one myself :)
Just regular rep dial straight from TD. But yeah the lume is awesome :)

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
Bezel numbers too thin i think is biggest tell except for hand stack ofcourse.

Just regular rep dial straight from TD. But yeah the lume is awesome :)

Really thinking of pulling the trigger, do you think it would cut it after having used TC's? Is this thing too different apart from gen and easily told that it's a rep?

prtscn

Known Member
23/5/14
It's only a tell if u are standing right next to the person that has considerable knowledge about rolex and their handstacks

orm

Known Member
1/9/09
Really thinking of pulling the trigger, do you think it would cut it after having used TC's? Is this thing too different apart from gen and easily told that it's a rep?

I have no experience with TC's watches, but the Exp II is one of the best out of the box Rolex replicas there is. Only AD's or fellow rep geeks would ever tell the difference.

The general public can have rep & gen in their hands at the same time and 9 out of 10 times base rep or gen decision on weight. Even reps with display casebacks and non decorated movements!

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
The Best out of the Box Rolexes are the TC 166xx Watches and the new Noob SD4k v2 there both Rolexes very close as they come from Factory...

The 216570 looks good but there is a massive different btw GEN and Rep

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
The Best out of the Box Rolexes are the TC 166xx Watches and the new Noob SD4k v2 there both Rolexes very close as they come from Factory...

The 216570 looks good but there is a massive different btw GEN and Rep

TC's are fantastic. Though I want a good explorer piece in my collection whether it be this one or the earlier one or 1016, I can't find a decent enough rep to be paired with &TC's.

The SD4k has gotta be one of the worst reps I have ever had. Nothing but horrible experience with that. I have had 3 of those and every single one of those had hands alignment issues / dusty, scratched dial, very sloppy bezel. It really is not a superrep. It feels way nicer as it doesn't have an obvious Non-ar'ed cyclops like the submariners do.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Subs have AR on the cyclops. BK and other modders purposely remove the AR but because of how easy the AR scratches

Network

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/14
After reading this, I will pull the trigger very soon for a polar one. Thank you for all the information on this thread.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I've recently revisited the Noob Exp 42 with a nice Polar version that I got on the boards a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised at the high build quality and it makes a nice change from the standard Sub-style black bezel/black dial combo. The second time zone functionality is a nice bonus...

...and the lume is still one of the best on Rollie rep OOTB IMO...

Network

4/10/14
I asked BKLM about this watch and his answer was quiet worrying : "I don't carry Exp2. The GMT Hand can slip". Have any of you encountered an issue like this ?

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
I got my polar white from Trevors watches never had a problem with the gmt function. I did however have a slight issue with the painting of the nubers on the bezel but it was an easy fix . Its my favorite rep by miles.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
2+ years on I'm still blown away by how good a rep this is for the money. Wearing mine today...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I asked BKLM about this watch and his answer was quiet worrying : "I don't carry Exp2. The GMT Hand can slip". Have any of you encountered an issue like this ?

My GMT hand is running a fraction behind where it should (10 mins or so) and it has slipped on occasion, but it really doesn't bother me. Certainly not a dealbreaker [emoji3]

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
I love the watch as well. I have always thought the EXPII was an oddball Rolex. In a good way.
a9037f7efa43b0bab6f796761131526e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Network

4/10/14
My GMT hand is running a fraction behind where it should (10 mins or so) and it has slipped on occasion, but it really doesn't bother me. Certainly not a dealbreaker [emoji3]

I pulled the trigger anyway, and I am waiting for it to come to me. I love this watch, the polar one, on a brown leather nato (I am not very fond of metal bracelets in general ...). I am probably going to mod it, the DW at least, gen crystal and dial may be :D

Vecchieabitudini

Horology Curious
4/2/16
Does anyone know where to buy the Explorer II shown in the above pictures, from Sora ?
Is there its site online ? Or only through e-mail ?

Thanks.

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
It's a great rep but could never pass as a gen due to handstack. The Instant tell.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
It's a great rep but could never pass as a gen due to handstack. The Instant tell.

Rubbish. 99.99% of gen owners don't even know what a hand stack is. Besides, the weak A/R is a far bigger give away.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Rubbish. 99.99% of gen owners don't even know what a hand stack is. Besides, the weak A/R is a far bigger give away.

Agreed. That and the lumpy lume application is a bigger giveaway than the hand stack IMO. Still a great rep though...