• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
Just a quick Photoshop comparison, but it looks like Noob has indeed fixed their Fat Sub-dial problem on the Black Dial 116500 with this V2...

hUPfF.jpg

Sorry mate but on your comparison pictures the “Noob v2” labeled one does not seems a Noob to me... it’s a gen.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I would propose not to make fun of the people in the forum.

Thanks

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Sorry mate but on your comparison pictures the “Noob v2” labeled one does not seems a Noob to me... it’s a gen.

Yep, I agree. The space between the R and the O and the width of the R, specifically the angle of the diagonal line within the R in ROLEX is very easily distinguishable as gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tmp2018

The Tourist

27/3/14
To add one small point how to distinguish between rep and gen (at the current status) are the rounded, capped pinions of the sub dial hands and from the main hand stack of the gen. So far I don't know of any Daytona rep which has this.

Sent from the RWI App

kudos

18/2/14
Subdials look good on the 116519 but the bezel does not look improved to me.

At least they got the case shape correct for this white gold version.

The 116519 rep looks good and just needs an ARF or Gen ceramic bezel. Weight wise it may be passable as it comes on an Oysterflex band and not a metal bracelet. But if your car, house and attire don't match don't bother! Lol

Anyone know the weight of the Gen?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Quick question that I'm hoping some of you more experienced members will quickly be able to clarify for me.

I was thinking about purchasing the new noob v2 116519 as per link below, but I'm not a huge fan of the oysterflex. Is it possible to easily replace the bracelet for the traditional SS rolex bracelet if I purchase for example the ARF or noob 904L SS bracelet from a 116500 as a spare part?
​​​​​​
https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5816...n-rubber-strap-sa4130-free-rubber-strap.html#

Thanks

I dont know if this is possible on the Noob, but it is not possible on the ARF model, so I wouldn't order an extra bracelet yet. After someone gets one, you can ask again. The ARF end links and OF attachment setup made it incompatible with an Oyster bracelet. Also, that would be a fantasy model as that dial on an Oyster comes only in WG with a WG bezel.

Reactions: Rolly123

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Thanks for the comparison! Very useful information
It seems the subdial on 116500 are still thicker but not as the black version

Lmfao! You now realize its gen , right ? That should give you some perspective mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dogosrgentino69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/18
Just for your interest, here are some other QC pictures from my probable 126500 Noob V2:

1223-3.jpg

1223-6.jpg

1223-7.jpg

1223-10.jpg

1223-2.jpg

Yes, the bezel markers seem (like with some ARF's) misaligned. Especially at the 120 marker this is visible on my specimen. I have to see it in real when it arrives and maybe this is/was either a bad picture angle, or it has to go to a watchsmith for a realignment of the whole thing because I'm anyway planning to do at least the gasket mod and if needed a bit of an oiling.

Sent from the RWI App

where did you order this watch? i've been talking to puretime jennifer and they still have 116500 black with fat subdials

scorpioneinter

Known Member
9/12/18
Hello friends. an Italian seller (whose seriousness I am sure) offered me a white ceramic Daytona, with chrono working at 3 and 9 o'clock (he says valijoux 7750 movement) and steel 904 L If I send you photos, could you express an aesthetic opinion? I'm working on it, but I still do not have a careful eye like yours. Thanks in advance for the advice.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
It's an old daytona, it can't really be compared to a noob or an ARF.

I don't know why anyone would want one of these watches unless they have a very tight budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scorpioneinter

Known Member
9/12/18
He wanted to cheat me then, he also asked me for 550 euros. I await the noob v2, I do not care to spend 200 euros more, I want an aesthetically beautiful and fully functional product. Thank you for the advice.