• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I'm two minds of the ceramic black dial... I like it but I wonder if it looks too much like a speedy.

I think the black dial ss bezel is the most elegant.

5c0d8901b80abfce5c9c7260ab825bc7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
A question for the Daytona experts here...

Which Stainless Steel Daytona Dial color (genuine or replica) do you think has been historically more popular... Black or White?

Umb7s.jpg

Last edited:

antale

24/11/17
I agree with that, this is why I will use the gen 116520 dial from that franken in the SS case with a gen new bezel.I also have the white with gen dial. Then the black and white ceramic will get the ARF dial.

The 116500 black is nice to have in the collection but from 20 days I used it mabe only 2x and the 116520 10x.

I have all parts but cannot build it because my 2 new noob Daytonas have been shipped on 9/27 but do not move in tracking.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk
hello according to you the bezel arf for 116520 making the change making it less thick as the gen is ok. or with respect to the gen there are big differences. I'm building my franken on a noob basis I have the dial gen hands gen I'll buy the xtal gen and I'm undecided on the bezel. Thank you for your answer

Wraithier

19/6/16
I placed an order a few weeks ago for the Ceramic Panda. Unfortunately the white dial is sold out, so I just accepted QC for a black dial, rather than wait who knows how long for a white dial.

I know the subdials are way too big so obviously I want to update it and might as well be to the white dial I originally wanted.

So what is the consensus on which white dial is best? I can't afford gen at the moment so I believe it's between ARF and BP.

Between the two which is better? I know they both need shaved but BP needs to be shaved more than the ARF dial.

I think BP may be easier to source the the ARF too.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
hello according to you the bezel arf for 116520 making the change making it less thick as the gen is ok. or with respect to the gen there are big differences. I'm building my franken on a noob basis I have the dial gen hands gen I'll buy the xtal gen and I'm undecided on the bezel. Thank you for your answer

the ARF bezel is very close to gen. For a gen bezel you need to pay at least $900, you can get a ARF for the half, use the bezel and sell the rest incl dial etc. I can say that there are only 1 or 2 people here on RWI which could spot the difference. And I can take a pic that nobody will see it. But if you have the money, buy gen

Sent from iX

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I placed an order a few weeks ago for the Ceramic Panda. Unfortunately the white dial is sold out, so I just accepted QC for a black dial, rather than wait who knows how long for a white dial.

I know the subdials are way too big so obviously I want to update it and might as well be to the white dial I originally wanted.

So what is the consensus on which white dial is best? I can't afford gen at the moment so I believe it's between ARF and BP.

Between the two which is better? I know they both need shaved but BP needs to be shaved more than the ARF dial.

I think BP may be easier to source the the ARF too.

ARF dials are not available, you need to buy the watch and sell the rest. If you like the BP and you can get it, go for it. No difference in shaving it, 9.6 or 10 mm, no difference

Sent from iX

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
A question for the Daytona experts here...

Which Stainless Steel Daytona Dial color (genuine or replica) do you think has been historically more popular... Black or White?

Umb7s.jpg

I like both, some people like the white, some like the black
4a9179dc4d09c8ed8cbb4f95ce22c376.jpg

Sent from iX

Reactions: Maron

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
ARF v1 bezel seem a lot better than v2.

BTW I have a spare ARF 116520 V2 black dial (but i cannot sell it at the moment)

Wraithier

19/6/16
ARF v1 bezel seem a lot better than v2.

BTW I have a spare ARF 116520 V2 black dial (but i cannot sell it at the moment)

Let me know if you consider parting with it. Not backdoor obviously, thought the sales section.

Just saying if you decide to sell it :D.

coop

Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
Hey Guru, nice post! Glad to see youre still around!

Reactions: guru

MrBeasy

8/2/16
botsyboy nice Franken sir. Glad to see you got it

guru I have a spare noob black dial ss 116520 316L that I was going to use as a Franken base (but don't need anymore) in case you cannot wait for your 2 stuck in transit.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Received my 904. Pretty decent version. Only gripe is fat subdials. Clasp is pretty crappy too. Rest of watch is awesome. Off to franken 116520!

Reactions: guru and MrBeasy

MrBeasy

8/2/16
Received my 904. Pretty decent version. Only gripe is fat subdials. Clasp is pretty crappy too. Rest of watch is awesome. Off to franken 116520!

nice.

what are you going to do?