• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Batman and LN GMT 3186

TheSociety

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
Blro isnt great bro, red is off, blue is okay

BLRO is very close to mk 3 - and is one of the best Noob pieces I’ve had in a very long time. It is an excellent purchase minus the scary ICHS movement. But for how good this watch is I’ll put up with the movement issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
BLRO is very close to mk 3 - and is one of the best Noob pieces I’ve had in a very long time. It is an excellent purchase minus the scary ICHS movement. But for how good this watch is I’ll put up with the movement issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice to hear that from patron ;)

Reactions: TheSociety

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
This BLNR on the vids can't be a new version, it looks like any other series, with the terrible raised line a 6 at 18.

Wait a bit, if the new BLRO got rid of that huge flaw, why a new Batman version would'nt?

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
This BLNR on the vids can't be a new version, it looks like any other series, with the terrible raised line a 6 at 18.

Wait a bit, if the new BLRO got rid of that huge flaw, why a new Batman version would'nt?

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Different technique. Noob got blro insert the same way as gen(chemical reaction) and it can be achieved only with blue-red. Experts correct me if im wrong.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Here is what Spongebob told me, which some of you may find interesting

"Batman insert is a circle, which immerse the half to some chemicals for dyeing, than put into the oven for sintering.
Once the process is done, the blue color shows up at half of the circle, but the material properties are different comparing to the black color side.
These factories make the numbers by laser ablation, this high energy laser beam evaporates the ceramic to achieve the engraving purpose.
But due to the different material properties (blue and black ceramic), the different evaporation rate induce the bump at the boundary, this is the bump you have seen on the insert."

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I'm wondering if this is the previous version? Because the other video you shared seems to show a better insert. Don't you think? Maybe it's the lighting, or some of the new ones are better than others. Idk.

Yes. this seems to be the old horrible insert. in the other video the blue color looked good

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
The only way I am prepared to try a CHS movement is with the BP GMTIIs with the low beat DG3804 movements for $250. For $700 I expect a reasonable chance that my watch will run, tell time, and that I can set the date and timezone the way I am supposed to. In the mean time I will live with my GMT ICHS BLNR .....

I feel you. If this insert is what I'm hoping it is, I'll probably be a sucker and go for it anyways :wacko:

Reactions: RiffRalf

Mypelusch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/12
What’s up with the datewheel? Looks like canal street crap. And the dark faded bezel numbers on the batman.