• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No More Time Bombs, VRF just released 1st fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Andrew said its available for purchase. I hope its the same one we are talking about

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
mari115 i am not sure about the 3186.

But the 3185 does fit into the 5 digit case from JF. I recently made one for myself. I dont think there is anyone out there that could add ss into the case. I had read multiple post in rwi about a franken 16710. So far no case that is suited for that. Only way is to get a gen case.

the reason why i am concerned about this movement is the gen also have issues with the spring. You can read more here.

http://blog.watchdoctor.biz/2018/02/24/rolex-3185-vs-3186/

the 3185 hands will wiggle. But 3186 wont but there is a design risk that spring might break. And knowing very well is very difficult to source the rep parts can be my concern to even start with this movement.

we have to wait till one of the member open up for us to understand the design.

hope this will answer your question

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
mari115 i am not sure about the 3186.

But the 3185 does fit into the 5 digit case from JF. I recently made one for myself. I dont think there is anyone out there that could add ss into the case. I had read multiple post in rwi about a franken 16710. So far no case that is suited for that. Only way is to get a gen case.

the reason why i am concerned about this movement is the gen also have issues with the spring. You can read more here.

http://blog.watchdoctor.biz/2018/02/24/rolex-3185-vs-3186/

the 3185 hands will wiggle. But 3186 wont but there is a design risk that spring might break. And knowing very well is very difficult to source the rep parts can be my concern to even start with this movement.

we have to wait till one of the member open up for us to understand the design.

hope this will answer your question

Yeah we have no idea how the rep A3186 jump hour spring is configured. Could be like the gen 3185 or the gen 3186 or some Chinese invention. One thing's for sure it isn't likely to be as good a quality as a gen part no matter what. I would still be plenty cautious using the jumping hour hand.

HT17W.jpg

Reactions: Hinclimincli

ssouthall6

Respected Member
10/10/13
Some more info here on gen 3186 (and likely this rep A3186 as well) fitting to a Noob case

https://rwg.cc/topic/190047-genuine-3186-movement/

Looks like there are some issues relating to stem height and movement diameter. Maybe some challenges that us mere mortals are not up to. Maybe the rep movement will provide a better fit. We will have to wait and see.

Lowering the movement or the dial in the case is going to over magnify the date. As much of a PITA as it would be I still think repositioning the tube would solve a lot of problems.

I did this when I converted a noob daytona case to fit a 7750. Whilst not noticeable on the wrist it isn't great. The gap in the rehaut is pretty obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markiemark

Bracelet King
18/4/13
EU
Highly doubt Noob will come with a clone 3186 version, as they just released their v10 with the old movement...

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Highly doubt Noob will come with a clone 3186 version, as they just released their v10 with the old movement...

If V10 were a significant change I'd agree, but it's really only a bezel upgrade. I think it all depends on how reliable the movement is. Back when the SA3135 was unreliable only a few factories offered it. But by 2015 as it allowed Noob to use a correct case design in the V6 everyone started to offer one, then the SH3135 came along, etc. So if the new movements work well, Noob will probably have to get in the game.

Oascom

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
New VRF

I know it isn't allowed to ask for opinion on QC pics but for the sake of new movement and release what do you guys think about it ?

Rehault is super tiny missaligned.

Other than that I think it's fairly nice but I'm not pro like some people here.

Enjoy

[​​​url=https://clickpix.org/image/H4jUR]
H4jUR.jpg
[/url]

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
New VRF

I know it isn't allowed to ask for opinion on QC pics but for the sake of new movement and release what do you guys think about it ?

Enjoy

H4jUR.jpg
[/url]
Oh man oh man that looks sexy as all hell

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
One thing I have to commend VR on, is their AR (black hole) replication. Along with the date mag. They seem to have nailed it.

Reactions: wkim8732

Oascom

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
New VRF

Enjoy

H4jUR.jpg
[/url]

smoke occb2

I think they nailed it but let's hear some pro opinion

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
top of the rehaut looks very rough? I would reject But I am very anal

Agree with this, haven't seen a rehaut top edge this bad since an old discontinued BP Explorer I bought. I sanded it smooth and rebrushed it but on a new release, wow. It's not likely another sample would be any different.

Oascom

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
top of the rehaut looks very rough? I would reject But I am very anal

I was thinking the same about it.

I will ask for better pic of that.

I mean I can sand it down and refinish but like you guys said on new release they should make it better...

lolmoocow

Getting To Know The Place
8/1/19
VRF has had some undermagnified cyclops in the past. pics seem to hide it. but looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
smoke occb2

I think they nailed it but let's hear some pro opinion
I sent pics of this to my bro andrei I like this watch .vrf have improved the rehaut.the cg look really good.the lugs look pretty good aswell.vrf done good.i would get a better bracelet though because I dont like the sel on this.and I dont like the insert font.gen inserts are cheap for this gmt2

Last edited: