• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Tudor Black Bay 54

kajoka

Looking Around
11/9/23
PL
Easy swap with a Sellita SW200-1b. No more ghost date!

KOHSeS.jpeg
I also swapped mine with Sellita SW200. I wasn't satisfied with the A2824 accuracy, now the watch is running within +-2s/day.
Two other things that were bothering me were bezel insert misalignment and lume pip misalignment.
Bezel is easy to remove as it's only friction fit on an o-ring, bezel insert is secured with double-sided tape.
Lume pip can be popped out with minimal force and after re-broaching the hole in correct place I glued it back in with UV glue.

aviditatis

Horology Curious
1/6/15
UK
Easy swap with a Sellita SW200-1b. No more ghost date!

KOHSeS.jpeg
@mclarendude Did you have to remove the existing stem from the crown?

Trimming the stem to the correct length is always the annoying part! I've had to reassemble the keyless works a few times during builds because I had to put in/out the stem several times.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I also swapped mine with Sellita SW200. I wasn't satisfied with the A2824 accuracy, now the watch is running within +-2s/day.
Two other things that were bothering me were bezel insert misalignment and lume pip misalignment.
Bezel is easy to remove as it's only friction fit on an o-ring, bezel insert is secured with double-sided tape.
Lume pip can be popped out with minimal force and after re-broaching the hole in correct place I glued it back in with UV glue.
Sounds perfect, great work. If I had the know-how I would have addressed the bezel issue but wearing it throughout the day I kind of forgot about it. The rep is pretty good out the box for sure, but if I had the knowledge I'd be doing exactly what you've done

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
@mclarendude Did you have to remove the existing stem from the crown?

Trimming the stem to the correct length is always the annoying part! I've had to reassemble the keyless works a few times during builds because I had to put in/out the stem several times.
I reused the same stem. No need to change stems/crown.

nbeezy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
5/6/22
I measured the dial at 28 mm but there was a decent amount of space left on the movement. Im looking into swapping in a vintage dial, should dials from 28 mm to 29 mm fit?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I just took mine apart again as some reported dial having some specs of dust etc. I found some on mine and after some clean up, it looks great.

Something I did not notice on until now was that the inside of the crystal had a very faint film of dust/grime. Cleaned that up with a Bergeon 7971 and now it looks even better.

I gotta say, after upgrading it to a SW200-1B and doing some lil things for my taste, I have not been able to stop wearing this one. I catch myself looking at it quite a lot.

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
I measured the dial at 28 mm but there was a decent amount of space left on the movement. Im looking into swapping in a vintage dial, should dials from 28 mm to 29 mm fit?
Hello,
I'm planning on doing the same thing... Did you get to swap your dial? Was 29mm OK?

nbeezy

Certified
5/6/22
Hello,
I'm planning on doing the same thing... Did you get to swap your dial? Was 29mm OK?
Ordered a Raffles 29mm dial. I did some cad work to see wether the rehaut cuts the print off. I based it on the pictures in the website so its only a rough estimate.
My conclusion was that printed Tudor dials should work but it will be close with the "swiss made" etc text. I would avoid railroad dials because again the print of the outer most circle will be very close, so if the print is slightly off center you may end up cutting it off in some areas.

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
Ordered a Raffles 29mm dial. I did some cad work to see wether the rehaut cuts the print off. I based it on the pictures in the website so its only a rough estimate.
My conclusion was that printed Tudor dials should work but it will be close with the "swiss made" etc text. I would avoid railroad dials because again the print of the outer most circle will be very close, so if the print is slightly off center you may end up cutting it off in some areas.
Agree with you on the railroad dials... Will stay tuned for a pic of your watch with a Raffles dial!

kajoka

Looking Around
11/9/23
PL
I just took mine apart again as some reported dial having some specs of dust etc. I found some on mine and after some clean up, it looks great.

Something I did not notice on until now was that the inside of the crystal had a very faint film of dust/grime. Cleaned that up with a Bergeon 7971 and now it looks even better.

I gotta say, after upgrading it to a SW200-1B and doing some lil things for my taste, I have not been able to stop wearing this one. I catch myself looking at it quite a lot.
I stare at mine so often that I even started to notice the sunburst some people claimed is missing 😆

Reactions: mclarendude

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
I am building one with an AliX sterile case (albeit with a red triangle around the pip and brushed case sides) and hands and dial from Raffles - not sure but that the hands may be a touch to long.
I also have an AliX branded bracelet and a branded crown on the way. I'll post the assembled result in the next day or so.

nbeezy

Certified
5/6/22
I am building one with an AliX sterile case (albeit with a red triangle around the pip and brushed case sides) and hands and dial from Raffles - not sure but that the hands may be a touch to long.
I also have an AliX branded bracelet and a branded crown on the way. I'll post the assembled result in the next day or so.
if the dial fits the rehaut you should be good. if not the hands are the least of you problems

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
You found an Alix case with the right dimensions, the right bezel (no minutes between 0 and 15) and a satisfying crystal? Would love a link!

Reactions: Got20Mate

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
My dealer tell me that actually is out of stock :cry: it’s a sad news

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Hopefully this means they'll also bother to update the hands with the next batch although I doubt it 😂

Reactions: aviditatis

nbeezy

Certified
5/6/22
My dealer tell me that actually is out of stock :cry: it’s a sad news
good news in the bigger picture. if they underestimated demand maybe other factorys wake up and try to get a slice of the tudor cake

Reactions: bigtiddygothgf