• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Tudor Black Bay 54

j62a

27/12/12
I have this issue on mine too. Huge difference with my gen Pelagos FXD for this aspect.
The ceramic balls are quite hard too, the clasp on my pelagos is so much smoother to open...

joellanier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/21
I agree that the T-Fit does slip and loosen at times, I find I have to tighten it regularly, but it is not a huge deal. I've read that the Gen's slip on occasion also.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
How are you all finding the perfect fit for the bracelet?

Had it for a while with an Uncle Seiko half link because the clasp would wear too low on 5 links on each side. Had the half link on the 6 o'clock. I just added again a full link to replace the half link and I guess this is where I need to wear it.

The clasp sitting closer the the 12 side makes me feel odd yet very comfy.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
How are you all finding the perfect fit for the bracelet?

Had it for a while with an Uncle Seiko half link because the clasp would wear too low on 5 links on each side. Had the half link on the 6 o'clock. I just added again a full link to replace the half link and I guess this is where I need to wear it.

The clasp sitting closer the the 12 side makes me feel odd yet very comfy.
Really tricky and in the end gave up and just "settled" with it as I couldn't get it quite right. It'd either too low / loose or floating too high but tight. Unlike my gen BB which bracelet fitment on the same dimensions seems to be perfect

Reactions: mclarendude

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Really tricky and in the end gave up and just "settled" with it as I couldn't get it quite right. It'd either too low / loose or floating too high but tight. Unlike my gen BB which bracelet fitment on the same dimensions seems to be perfect
Sounds like typical 4 and 5 digit Rolex-land 👍

Reactions: Got20Mate

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I wonder if it's the T-Fit. Had the same issue with the BBPro.

benniejet5

Horology Curious
10/6/14
just got mine in today and the t-fit clasp has the issue where it just won't lock into place. fully extended is too loose, one less link is too tight. an uncle seiko half link will probably be the best solution but for now i just put some duct tape in the clasp to stop it from fully extending :ROFLMAO:. honestly works great

aviditatis

Horology Curious
1/6/15
UK
Received mine today. Bought it from Hont, QC in less than 24 hours, and it arrived in the UK after 7 days.

Impressed with the quality; this is my first rep (I've done some Tudor Raffles builds). When the time comes, I'll put a Sellita SW200 no date - currently running -2s/d.

Some sharp edges on the bracelet, but nothing I can't fix with a Bergeon 2290. Big strap monster!

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
Didn't someone mention that it is somehow difficult to put a Selitta SW200/300 into the BB54?

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Received mine today. Bought it from Hont, QC in less than 24 hours, and it arrived in the UK after 7 days.

Impressed with the quality; this is my first rep (I've done some Tudor Raffles builds). When the time comes, I'll put a Sellita SW200 no date - currently running -2s/d.

Some sharp edges on the bracelet, but nothing I can't fix with a Bergeon 2290. Big strap monster!

Looks bloody great on the different straps, makes me wanna buy it back

Reactions: aviditatis

someeone

Shoes&Watches
Supporter
23/11/15
So far it is the most reliable rep that I ever owned. From Hont QC timegrapher showed -1sec/day, I now have this as my daily beater for over a month and haven't noticed it running slow or fast or anything weird with the movement at all. I guess I got lucky here, but it is what it is.

No issue with the clasp, gen is a bit "loose" in a good way compared to my rep, but I have 0 complaints to the execution of ZF. Gave bracelet a clean and a little polish and it's flawless, but I'm mainly playing with various straps.

IMHO, all in all, for the money it's best rep I've owned (aside of maybe quartz tank and a couple frankensteins)

Reactions: aviditatis

BigBangDreamer07

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/22

Does the clasp fit a bit awkward as some others say?

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
has anyone put thought into fixing the mismatched hands? whether it's reluming or finding a set of hands that better matches
This was my initial thought as well. A bit of a pain in the ass, but a competent watchmaker should be able to re-lume the hands without much issue. I doubt "color" - matching would be too tough.