• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Tudor Black Bay 54

socko888

Horology Curious
25/3/24
The sunburst effect is there... it's just not nearly as prominent on the ZF. Also looks a bit different than gen in many lighting situations. Solid rep, otherwise.

thanks for the feedback. getting closer to pulling the trigger. if only hont would do a slight mod of replacing the snowflake hour hand with a mercedes hour hand i'd be all in already.

jelliottz

11/7/13
Question for anyone who owns one of these: have you opened it and measured the dial? I handled a gen and the dial looked tiny... 5513 small at maybe 26mm? Is this the case on the rep?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to check.

thomas999

Looking Around
4/2/24
Hi there,

I have ordered one of these beautiful BB54 rep, and I am considering buying the gen rubber strap.

I called my AD to order the strap, it costs 189€ without the clasp, and 600€ with.

I am wondering if it's possible to take the clasp from the rep steel bracelet to attach it to the genuine rubber strap ?

Thanks

kuri_2k

Horology Curious
9/5/24
I had a similar issue. I didn't notice it initially, but the watch had some fibres on the dial.

I just opened the caseback, removed the crown and the three screws holding the movement to the case, and cleaned the dial with a dust blower.

I bought a generic case opener set (£11) and used the No3 (26.5mm) grooved chuck to open the case back.

Hi There, I've some uneven indicies, would it be overly complicated to shift the indicies a little once you have it opened up like this?