• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Tudor Black Bay 54

socko888

Horology Curious
25/3/24
The sunburst effect is there... it's just not nearly as prominent on the ZF. Also looks a bit different than gen in many lighting situations. Solid rep, otherwise.

thanks for the feedback. getting closer to pulling the trigger. if only hont would do a slight mod of replacing the snowflake hour hand with a mercedes hour hand i'd be all in already.

jelliottz

11/7/13
Question for anyone who owns one of these: have you opened it and measured the dial? I handled a gen and the dial looked tiny... 5513 small at maybe 26mm? Is this the case on the rep?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to check.

thomas999

Looking Around
4/2/24
Hi there,

I have ordered one of these beautiful BB54 rep, and I am considering buying the gen rubber strap.

I called my AD to order the strap, it costs 189€ without the clasp, and 600€ with.

I am wondering if it's possible to take the clasp from the rep steel bracelet to attach it to the genuine rubber strap ?

Thanks

kuri_2k

Horology Curious
9/5/24
I had a similar issue. I didn't notice it initially, but the watch had some fibres on the dial.

I just opened the caseback, removed the crown and the three screws holding the movement to the case, and cleaned the dial with a dust blower.

I bought a generic case opener set (£11) and used the No3 (26.5mm) grooved chuck to open the case back.

Hi There, I've some uneven indicies, would it be overly complicated to shift the indicies a little once you have it opened up like this?

nbeezy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
5/6/22
Hi There, I've some uneven indicies, would it be overly complicated to shift the indicies a little once you have it opened up like this?
kind of, you still have to remove the indice, file off one of the feet positioning it and glue it back on (straighter than before!)
doable but no guarantee for success

Reactions: aviditatis

DonDennis

Looking Around
22/6/24
I also wrote to Hont. The QC pictures came very quickly and I found everything in them fine, then the product was dispatched very fast.

103img_308121c9_20240621_.jpg

354img_308121c9_20240621_.jpg

724img_308121c9_20240621_.jpg