• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF PAM1661 carbotech

Funnewyorker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/22
California
Ordered and received mine from Trusty for about over 2 weeks. Wore it on several occassions and my conclusion is as follows:

- a 44mm all black panerai is very inconspicuous... While i enjoy the blue lume and details, when i look at myself in mirrors, i find that the watch does not stand out at all. I am afraid this will spend alot of time in the watch drawer... I am glad i did not spend 12k on it...

- the watch itself is very well built and i am glad i got to try the new tech materials and combination at a fraction of the price of the original.

- time keeping of reps is great these days. No real complaint here.

- wondering if a strap change will help the watch stand out a little more...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Let me know if you wanna sell it

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
The 1661 and 1616 look best on a light blue rubber strap matching the lume.
Do you have a link for the straps? I bought 4 already but no matches the blue of 1661 :rolleyes:

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
Do you have a link for the straps? I bought 4 already but no matches the blue of 1661 :rolleyes:

Best option.

Budget: aliexpress.com/item/1005003467334139.html

Reactions: tamomota

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21

Best option.

Thank you! Ordered

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Best option.

There is a better budget option on ebay. Tested and it is not bad at all - the flat modern style actually works well on this 1661

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
There is a better budget option on ebay. Tested and it is not bad at all - the flat modern style actually works well on this 1661

I just received two straps from this seller. The quality is amazing!
It is not the right tone of blue like pam1661, but if someone is looking for a nice rubber strap this is the top choice for its price.

€ 26,85 30% Off | Top Quality 22mm 24mm Black Blue Red Green White Brown Fluororubber Watchband For Panerai Strap Waterproof Watch band Pin Buckle

gdogmatt

Supporter
Certified
21/5/23
Michigan
I just got mine it. It’s beautiful. Would like a different band however.

gdogmatt

Supporter
Certified
21/5/23
Michigan

Best option.

Sold out. :(

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Better than Horus for half the price

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Late comer to the 1661 club. First of all I'd like to thank all the members that contributed to this thread. As this was my first rep purchase it made the decision to pull the trigger very easy after reading all of the positive comments.

I've had the watch for just over a week now and I really like it. The Carbotech is done very well, sometimes during the day I'll look at it and get lost in the swirls, maybe still honeymoon period :). I've been wearing it in rotation with one other piece so it sits pretty much untouched every other day and so far I haven't had to wind it, time keeping is excellent.

The rep strap is great, I know some people switched theirs up for various reasons but I'm really happy with it. The only thing I noticed after reviewing the images in this thread is that my strap has horizontal stitching by the lugs. So this is different from gen as well. It doesn't bother me but I thought I'd just point it out.

3Gv4G4.jpeg

3GvE3i.jpeg

Reactions: Gadi13 and Kup1712

Gadi13

Horology Curious
20/6/23
Bulgaria
Late comer to the 1661 club. First of all I'd like to thank all the members that contributed to this thread. As this was my first rep purchase it made the decision to pull the trigger very easy after reading all of the positive comments.

I've had the watch for just over a week now and I really like it. The Carbotech is done very well, sometimes during the day I'll look at it and get lost in the swirls, maybe still honeymoon period :). I've been wearing it in rotation with one other piece so it sits pretty much untouched every other day and so far I haven't had to wind it, time keeping is excellent.

The rep strap is great, I know some people switched theirs up for various reasons but I'm really happy with it. The only thing I noticed after reviewing the images in this thread is that my strap has horizontal stitching by the lugs. So this is different from gen as well. It doesn't bother me but I thought I'd just point it out.

3Gv4G4.jpeg

3GvE3i.jpeg
Hi, I am also new on the forum. A really lovely watch. Congratulations. I also paid the same model on JTIME on 06/21. Now looking forward to QC. I hope I don't have to wait long before shipping and then delivery. The comment and pictures reassured me about my choice. When I get mine I will share my impressions.

Reactions: CF_Stan

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Hi mate, yeah hopefully you won’t have to wait long. When I got it I just kept looking at it, love at first sight 😍.

Look forward to your thoughts when you get it.

More pics and order experience here

Reactions: Gadi13