• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF Omega Seamaster 300m releases coming very soon!

shortlegs

31/5/19
Here are some of my little cheap screwdrivers, these have been good enough to handle just about every need I have had. I have others too but all cheapies, this is one of the rare times they have not worked. It seems to me that there is not enough depth in the slot head for the screwdriver to bite.
028fe61b8f475e9f4f9791a7da7bc6e3.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

It's not the depth of the slot being too shallow. Its that the screwdriver is too thick to properly engage the groove, so it slips out easily. Filing the flats of the screwdriver to make it narrower will help it engage the groove and get purchase.

Reactions: xartan

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
New color by VSF :)
mmexport1567804883572.jpg

Crown guard looks taller in this picture!

it took me a good 20 minutes to remove the four links. On one side, I removed all four screws before realizing that you only needed to remove the screws on one side, then let the pin slide out.
None of the screwdrivers in my cheapy watch tool kit from Amazon were small enough. I managed to find one in my computer tool kit which worked after I sharpened the end a tad. I didn't need to heat them up or anything. The issue, I believe, is that the slow it so shallow, that you have to make sure the head of the screwdriver is perfectly flat in the slot, so that it doesn't "walk" up one slide.

Reactions: leo6929

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
Now that I’m looking on my iPhone, it IS. blue, and it looks cool!
it looked black on my crappy work laptop.

I’m not willing to sell my black and gold for this one though.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Crown guard looks taller in this picture!

it took me a good 20 minutes to remove the four links. On one side, I removed all four screws before realizing that you only needed to remove the screws on one side, then let the pin slide out.
None of the screwdrivers in my cheapy watch tool kit from Amazon were small enough. I managed to find one in my computer tool kit which worked after I sharpened the end a tad. I didn't need to heat them up or anything. The issue, I believe, is that the slow it so shallow, that you have to make sure the head of the screwdriver is perfectly flat in the slot, so that it doesn't "walk" up one slide.

Regarding the rown guards: but then again, this is a computer generated image, I doubt they will change all the machining for the case so quickly.

As for the links, in my rep the pins actually fit quite snugly. Did you get yours to simply slide out with gravity? Mine doesn't though. I had to remove the screws on both sides, and stick a tool in to push them out.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Those are Omega's pictures. Unfortunately, VSF's Seamaster still have the short crown guards. This definitely isn't a deal breaker for me.

They HAVE to add a blatant flaw otherwise the clone will be perfect, which means less business or sumfin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
Regarding the rown guards: but then again, this is a computer generated image, I doubt they will change all the machining for the case so quickly.

As for the links, in my rep the pins actually fit quite snugly. Did you get yours to simply slide out with gravity? Mine doesn't though. I had to remove the screws on both sides, and stick a tool in to push them out.

The pins slid right out with a little wiggle of the links.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
I was finally able to get perfect sizing after removing a half link again using the boiling hot water trick. I also just removed 1 screw and slid out pin with a little wiggling of link and tapping from other side until I could grap pin and pull it out
299656e4ce853d9c5bbb8164e6d9852b.jpg
4bd2a93ad720fab961514f393384a0b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I'm still waiting in excitement for my YG to arrive.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Yeah. I can’t wait for it to arrive :D

Last edited: