• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF Omega Seamaster 300m releases coming very soon!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I have the RG version and it's the exact same color. Rose gold is my life lol.

It's very hard if not impossible to tell apart the Sedna from RG, not sure if there's a way other than chemically

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I’ll post some pics for you in a bit. Mine looks to me like the one above but is what they call YG. I was sent QC pics for the RG at first. I told him and he got the YG and the QC pics were a lot more YG like. However, in real life it’s almost as dark as rose gold but still less red.

Can you please tell me what you think about the bezel? I will not try to fix it or have someone look at it if a loud cheap feeling bezel is common for this VSF rep. Great rep none the less.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I’ll post some pics for you in a bit. Mine looks to me like the one above but is what they call YG. I was sent QC pics for the RG at first. I told him and he got the YG and the QC pics were a lot more YG like. However, in real life it’s almost as dark as rose gold but still less red.

Can you please tell me what you think about the bezel? I will not try to fix it or have someone look at it if a loud cheap feeling bezel is common for this VSF rep. Great rep none the less.

Of course! Thanks for all your input mate.

I handled the gen extensively. The clicks on the gen are loud and also hard to do, exactly like the rep. There was also some bezel play on the gen, which was interesting. It's the only real fault (other than he HE knob which people seem to disapprove of) that the smp has.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xartan

extremecoolness

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
Ive ordered the rosegold with blue strap.

Is this a ceramic bezel?

Also, I couldn't get picr to work. What other sites work to post the QC pics? I rejected one because of the damaged Pearl and misaligned date dial
Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

8/3/18
Stunning work from VSF. I’m still thinking of going for Gen for this SMP.
Has anyone tried aqua Terra rubber strap on this SMP? Compatible?
The only thing that is holding me back is the pin bucket..... still prefer clasp.

extremecoolness

14/9/19
I got my qc photos and I'm wondering if this is damage on the bezel and the pearl. This is my first order, so I asked for additional photos to clarify if it's dust/debris that landed there. The date wheel didn't look aligned, but the video they provided shows the one in an even position.
Please let me know what you think. Other than that, it looks beautiful.

Reactions: Matt88

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
It does look like a chip in the bezel over the gem.
The other thing looks like a scuff that can be cleaned up.
My first rep I bought from Puretime had scuffs on the bezel that cleaned up but I don’t understand why they wouldn’t take ten seconds to clean it before taking QC photos.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Stuff that can only be seen in a blown up macro shot is normal on reps. You will get a hard time if you cannot accept microscopic flaws.

It’s an illegal counterfeit product produced by underpaid Chinese workers in illegal underground facilities. It’s not produced in clean swiss facilities with extreme quality control and procedures.

I suggest you adjust your expectations for a toy watch a bit or save up for a gen.

Reactions: Fracture and Moza

extremecoolness

14/9/19
Stuff that can only be seen in a blown up macro shot is normal on reps. You will get a hard time if you cannot accept microscopic flaws.

It’s an illegal counterfeit product produced by underpaid Chinese workers in illegal underground facilities. It’s not produced in clean swiss facilities with extreme quality control and procedures.

I suggest you adjust your expectations for a toy watch a bit or save up for a gen.

Thanks for putting it in perspective, in your perspective. Even gens have "faults". I wasn't specific about how my expectations should be set.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Yeah.

It's easy to get obsessive about minor things. I've had to learn not to do that for myself as well and try to enjoy the reps for what they are.
And yes gens have various degrees of flaws as well. But surely in general reps have more flaws due to the lower quality of the production pipeline. Then there is the palette of minor stuff that is just not replicated correctly. But that's another discussion.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Did you guys also notice how the lume is pretty round bubble like on the hour markers? I don’t think gen looks like that. Not a party killer for me but it looks a bit odd.

Still an awesome rep.

chuynh1109

22/8/18
Did you guys also notice how the lume is pretty round bubble like on the hour markers? I don’t think gen looks like that. Not a party killer for me but it looks a bit odd.

Still an awesome rep.
I can say my gen does have round bubble like markers, maybe not quite to the extent that I've seen in some of these reps, but it's on par with gen for the most part.

My biggest pet peeve is the short crown guards

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I can say my gen does have round bubble like markers, maybe not quite to the extent that I've seen in some of these reps, but it's on par with gen for the most part.

My biggest pet peeve is the short crown guards

Yeah. The short crown guards is an obvious tell. I still love mine though.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Yeah for such a huge selling watch I think it’s time for a revised version with correct crown guards. They could make a killing all over again. I’d buy again. Come on VSF.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Yeah for such a huge selling watch I think it’s time for a revised version with correct crown guards. They could make a killing all over again. I’d buy again. Come on VSF.

And whiter lume markers. I’ve re-lumed mine with bgw9 and looks much better.
004813e73b39363ab28fbc9552d31730.plist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hifimad

Horology Curious
27/9/19
UK
Now that people have had these for a few weeks I'd like to know how they are holding up. Still accurate, working properly, and no sign of premature aging in the fit & finish? For example has the gold tarnished or come off, or maybe it's now got a loose clasps, or maybe some bezel issues etc?

It looks great new, but I'm hoping it stays great in the longer term!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Now that people have had these for a few weeks I'd like to know how they are holding up. Still accurate, working properly, and no sign of premature aging in the fit & finish? For example has the gold tarnished or come off, or maybe it's now got a loose clasps, or maybe some bezel issues etc?

It looks great new, but I'm hoping it stays great in the longer term!

The movement is a good old a2824 decorated. So that’s a common movement and it performs well enough but will benefit from a service like all those asian movements.

Mine is within COSC and running fine but that’s not related to this watch but the movement.

The gold is not coming off but if you bang it into things that might happen.

It’s all great looking and feeling premium. The only downside quality wise I’ve noticed is the divers extension is loose and will fold out when I take off the watch. It’s not a big deal for me though.

It looks and feels awesome, simply.

Last edited:
Reactions: hifimad