• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW V9F GMTs [pics inside] !!!

HuyTech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/17
some where on Earth
so I'm fed-up with this order from my TD and finally I'm giving up on waiting for a new QC after 3 rejected, they keep sending me a bad insert watches over and over, my patient ran out, so I finally ask them to give me a full refund of what i've paid for the 2 watch that I;ve order, over $1,200 that I've send them, do you guys think they will refund my money or i will never see any watch or my money back?

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
All 3 have different rehaut engravings and horrible inserts, wonky cyclops too. Surely they're not using the same bezel insert...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
https://clickpix.org/image/umggX
https://clickpix.org/image/umc4c
https://clickpix.org/image/umV1I

Here's all 3 watches that they send me....it might be different watches, but they're all the same insert.

Those are different watches and different inserts bro. If you zoom in on the pics below you can see the differences. The rehaut engravings, the serial numbers, the amount of black vs blue in the numeral 6 of #3 vs #2, etc.

uovRF.jpg

uokqX.jpg

uodDc.jpg

I have followed your experiences with this purchase and I know it sucks when our expectations are not met. And I know one of your rejects was shown to someone else, but that's standard practice for TDs to do. The next guy might not mind those speed bumps or that misaligned rehaut so why not give it a try? The guy gets his watch faster and it saves it from going back to the factory.

What is not standard practice is for a TD to swap inserts around. I am certain that did not happen. I posted very early in this thread that the V9F Batman insert was terrible. Here's my quote from page 2

Sadly bro the bicolor inserts are an epic fail. The Pepsi is even worse than this Batman comparison.

Speed bumps, blue in the 8 holes, too thin, blue color too light, too much angle off between digits, 1 serif not curved, 1 serif tip diagonal not (nearly) parallel to 1 main body, different "platinum" color between upper and lower markers.

CFkYc.jpg

That comparison was made from preliminary pics, the actual insert turned out to be a little better. But still it isn't great and we really can't blame a TD for sourcing a watch 3 times that we ask for when we already know how bad the insert is going to be. It wouldn't matter how many he got from the looks of these, they are remarkably consistent.

I bet if you ask, he would let you swap to a GMF Batman. It has a better insert and is also coming with the VR3185 now. There's a thread about it here

GMF releases true clone GMTs

Good luck bro, your TD is the best and it will get sorted.

Reactions: moretto and Fervid

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I do agree that Li is the best I've had the pleasure of dealing with, when I rejected the first QC I told them what I was looking for in the bezel transitions and the next one I received met the criteria.

Reactions: HuyTech and mpx

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Looks great! Might also have pick up one of those. But I will wait until all watches currently on the way to me arrive and decide then what to get next. But the Batman is pretty much on top of the list.
I just have to do some further research about which one I should get. I don't want to swap the bezel and also not replace the movement after short time. V9F, GMF, ...
And maybe in the next months even something new will come out, you never know. But I also won't wait forever, it doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough.

Reactions: KJ2020

anorphirith

31/7/09
I guess I got lucky with my TD, the second QC they sent me looked ok to me, and now it's in the mail, the bezel was lined up correctly.
My only gripe was the movement not running at COSC but I can't complain about that.
Any tips on making the VR3185 run as close to COSC as possible? can a cooperating watchmaker adjust it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I guess I got lucky with my TD, the second QC they sent me looked ok to me, and now it's in the mail, the bezel was lined up correctly.
My only gripe was the movement not running at COSC but I can't complain about that.
Any tips on making the VR3185 run as close to COSC as possible? can a cooperating watchmaker adjust it?

Yes it can be regulated like any common rep automatic movement

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
I do agree that Li is the best I've had the pleasure of dealing with, when I rejected the first QC I told them what I was looking for in the bezel transitions and the next one I received met the criteria.

This one is good, love the crystal and cyclops.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Did anyone of you guys buy V9F GMT-Master II 116710 LN?
Can we see some pictures?

KrX

12/5/20
somebody know if i can switch V9F insert by GMF?

-Archer-

Horology Curious
24/7/18
Your opinion, who makes the case better, irrespective of a crystal, movement and an insert.
Thickness, fit, polishing quality, rehaut inside.
ARF or V9F?
What is better to take for the franc?