• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
These models look really good at first glance. The hand stack is nice - no more frisbee sized hand hole surround on the GMT hand. The inserts look good, the Batman insert is maybe a winner here. And look at the hour markers - rounded corners!

thinker1

26/11/17
These models look really good at first glance. The hand stack is nice - no more frisbee sized hand hole surround on the GMT hand. The inserts look good, the Batman insert is maybe a winner here. And look at the hour markers - rounded corners!

Wow agree insert is great and hour markers are fire!

Reactions: KJ2020

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
Any pinion height issues you think? Would be nice to be able to fit one of these gen crystals I’ve been hoarding for this moment.

but for real.... they need to address the lack of pepsi dial

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Any pinion height issues you think? Would be nice to be able to fit one of these gen crystals I’ve been hoarding for this moment.

but for real.... they need to address the lack of pepsi dial

With the A3186 movement I think it would take a gen crystal without issue

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Holy cow! These all look like winners here! Even the LN looks like it may have ARF beat ootb in some regards. Insert markers don't look as deep for one. But I am impressed with the two tone and especially the batman. Wow. Honestly have had such tunnel vision between ARF and VRF on the ln that this is such a (pleasant) surprise!

Can anyone confirm movement? And I've never owned a GMF. How is their bracelet quality?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Holy cow! These all look like winners here! Even the LN looks like it may have ARF beat ootb in some regards. Insert markers don't look as deep for one. But I am impressed with the two tone and especially the batman. Wow. Honestly have had such tunnel vision between ARF and VRF on the ln that this is such a (pleasant) surprise!

Can anyone confirm movement? And I've never owned a GMF. How is their bracelet quality?

I can confirm the movement pics show a true 3186 clone. And it's unlikely it would be a VR so my money says it's an SH3186. It looks better than ARFs movement, especially the red autowind gears. So it may be good OOTB.

BP/GMF oysters are not as good as ARF, but are decent enough quality. I use a BP glidelock clasp on my gen GMT without regret or feeling any need to improve it.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I can confirm the movement pics show a true 3186 clone. And it's unlikely it would be a VR so my money says it's an SH3186. It looks better than ARFs movement, especially the red autowind gears. So it may be good OOTB.

BP/GMF oysters are not as good as ARF, but are decent enough quality. I use a BP glidelock clasp on my gen GMT without regret or feeling any need to improve it.

I see how this hobby goes. In the beginning it was "WOW what a great rep," to "WOW I spend a couple bucks in mods to make it even better!" to "Holy crap I can put GEN parts on this!? Ok I've achieved the pinnacle of this hobby!" to "damn I've spent a lot of money, I'm just gonna buy Gen."

And now back to "WOW what a great rep!" Thus the cycle of life continues haha.

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Wow this is crazy, yet another good choice of gmts. I finally made a decision on which rep i am going to buy next go online to get the link and see this. Now i have got to rethink as the batman looks really good tbh.

Reactions: Dissemination

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
This is my next watch too,insert looks amazing on batman... waiting to see movement reliabilty
do you think they will release with jubilee or clone need to be full clone as complete watch ? (as 126710 have 3285 movement)
so they need to make 3285 clone so they can release with jubilee bracelet.. thanks

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
They will propably release it with jubilee and updated dial sooner or later. I mean why not. Eta gmt movements had wrong direction for time setting for old gmts and they still sold them so I dont think too many will care

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is my next watch too,insert looks amazing on batman... waiting to see movement reliabilty
do you think they will release with jubilee or clone need to be full clone as complete watch ? (as 126710 have 3285 movement)
so they need to make 3285 clone so they can release with jubilee bracelet.. thanks

Who knows bro, I wouldn't have predicted this from GMF. Get 'em while you can, it's an ever changing landscape.

Reactions: Bobi01