• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Trio of Pams from VS coming soon - PAM1336 PAM2164 PAM1250

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
Qc from marv . Just fyi. Looks like springbar maybe not click, quick or screw. And still can’t tell if hands gold or not 😉😉😉.
Based on the second and last pictures, I am very positive that the hands are gold.

IMO, if you benchmark the watch against what it is (a great looking, dressy, small diameter and slimmer PAM with a certain degree of fantasy character) instead of what tries to be - its indeed quite nice.

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Based on the second and last pictures, I am very positive that the hands are gold.

IMO, if you benchmark the watch against what it is (a great looking, dressy, small diameter and slimmer PAM with a certain degree of fantasy character) instead of what tries to be - its indeed quite nice.
Well the very last pic is of my gen, so I do hope so 🥴🥴. As long as it stops my wife from keeping stealing it, I consider the rep a good investment 👍

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
HcVBjk.jpeg

HcVrvD.jpeg

HcV86Y.jpeg

HcV62s.jpeg

HcVQOo.jpeg

HcVldJ.jpeg

HcVpJP.jpeg

HcVPaW.jpeg

HcVTlS.jpeg

HcVXFQ.jpeg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Mrs Ah0rsey watch here. Hands definitely gold. Actually nice piece and really doesn’t offend even though a bit different from gen.. the dial is really well done

Looks good! How do the strap compare to GEN?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
looks good on you. better on the tan strap, more the 904 look !!!
REP strap is PVC over cardboard and too black vs GEN matte black. From a distance it looks ok but not up close and personal.

Imho both watches look great. Both dial, case finish, gold plating is very good. At this price point both watches are an amazing deal.

I agree, tan strap makes it look like the 904. I might order a custom-made strap for the Gold Due. Its on a blue strap in the meantime.

Reactions: Ah0rsey

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
This one is on my shortlist, and in preparation, I picked up a nice OEM ASSO strap, its the newer style with the quick-release system, and I am not 100% sure whether it will be compatible with this model. Does anyone know?

I may end up selling the strap-on again if it is not.

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
This one is on my shortlist, and in preparation, I picked up a nice OEM ASSO strap, its the newer style with the quick-release system, and I am not 100% sure whether it will be compatible with this model. Does anyone know?

I may end up selling the strap-on again if it is not.
did you by chance get this off eBay? I saw this same strap for sale for a really good price and they come up pretty rarely was going to grab it for my gen 1250 and then I forgot!!!! ;)

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Looks great! How do you feel about the thickness? As discussed before it's thicker than gen but slimmer than the larger PAMs so wondering your thoughts.
I own 3 Dues and it’s not an issue. All are excellent dress watches. Dues are not perfect but beautiful watches nonetheless.

Reactions: ThymePeace

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Looks great! How do you feel about the thickness? As discussed before it's thicker than gen but slimmer than the larger PAMs so wondering your thoughts.
honestly unless you've actually had the gen 10mm thickness Due on your wrist, then the rep 42mm Dues will feel absolutely fine. the way the rep case sits means that the thickness underneath sort of disappears into your wrist. But the thickness of the rep Due is also in the bezel which is more an obvious tell ( as well as the writing on the crown guard ) so that bezel does appear a little larger but that doesn't impact the fit one bit. From straight on looking at it though, it's a really good rep and priced very well for such a nice dial ( 1250 dial is better than the 904 IMHO ).