• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release - Double Platinum Coated DJ41 Bezel

xing_david

Known Member
Supporting Vendor
14/3/23
California
Just wanted to share a new product that has been getting some great reviews from the community.

Our new Double Platinum Coated DateJust 41 Bezel is made from a very strong alloy unlike most other factories which use a copper. The copper plated bezel tends to fade over time letting the copper color show through leaving a dull off color bezel. We have upgraded the bezel to be an alloy which is much stronger and finished off with platinum plating which creates a beautiful bright colored finish. We've had a number of members already receive them with all positive comments.

If you have any questions please any questions please feel free to comment or msg me.

Cheers,

David

Last edited:

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Mike the work seems impressive. But I'm wondering why you opted for platinum coating when gen is White gold. Wouldn't the platinum plating be the same color and regular steel?

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Mike the work seems impressive. But I'm wondering why you opted for platinum coating when gen is White gold. Wouldn't the platinum plating be the same color and regular steel?
Interested in this as well as initial logic would dictate that the platinum would look whiter than the white gold of the gen anyway. Platinum is made of all white metals so it naturally look whiter.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
The platinum is far warmer in person and appears white gold to the eye. Pix do no justice.

And more so, the proper contrast is the goal.

Look at steel, polished silver, chrome, polished stainless, platinum and white gold squares from 100 feet. They look the same.

But this gives the proper contrast, and in my eyes looks closer to gen than any WG plated watch I’ve ever seen, worked on, taken apart or seen in photos.

Look at the pic on the staking set. That’s closest to in person and still does no justice.

I’ll assume you did not see my post in the Rol/Tud section, but I posted many comparisons and the steel bezel looks like a 6000k color temp where the platinum looks like a 4500k color temp (if you know CRI at all)

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Why not market this as WG rather than platinum? And why use plat final coat rather than a cheaper and more correct WG… My point is about marketing it correctly, not the correct contrast etc which may be spot on in real life.

As it’s for the dj which doesn’t have a plat version rather than DD which does have a platinum version but not in 41mm? …

If it’s closer to gen fluted WG bezel then it should have a sight warm yellow hue not at all like platinum which is colder.

Last edited:
Reactions: YellowFin

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Why not market this as WG rather than platinum? And why use plat final coat rather than a cheaper and more correct WG… My point is about marketing it correctly, not the correct contrast etc which may be spot on in real life.

As it’s for the dj which doesn’t have a plat version rather than DD which does have a platinum version but not in 41mm? …

If it’s closer to gen fluted WG bezel then it should have a sight warm yellow hue not at all like platinum which is colder.

If you can’t see the warmth of this bezel (on the watch) compared to the steel one (on my thumb) there’s a prob.

It’s pretty evident the color is warmer, and that’s exactly what I called it (4500K as opposed to 6000k if talking CRi on LEDs as an example.

To be fair tho, I posted a lot of pix between a few threads, and it’s tough to tell timeline (because I installed it mid way through the pix) and if not looking for the color temp a viewer might not realize that.

So here is all POST INSTALL. The WARM plated bezel is on the watch, the COOL unplated steel color is on my thumb.

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Reread my post, I didn’t refer to it not being that colour and infact say “it maybe spot on.”. My point is clear, it’s about why MARKET something as platinum when the gen isn’t .

Why not market it as WG as that is what this beze is supposed to replicate and why bother using platinum which is more expensive. Would be nice to know from the xings WHY they used that as final coat and not just WG.

Last edited:
Reactions: YellowFin

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Reread my post, I didn’t refer to it not being that colour and infact say “it maybe spot on.”. My point is clear, it’s about why MARKET something as platinum when the gen isn’t .
Exact Lee. That's some weird marketing strategy.

Reactions: Ah0rsey

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Having just read this thread I’d like to chime in being one doing the WG plating on bezels.

Doing platinum is way easier and cheaper actually- it can be plated on steel directly.

Gold requires activation of stainless steel, a strike bath in 18k yellow gold, then you can go ahead with white. It’s a longer and more expensive process.

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Having just read this thread I’d like to chime in being one doing the WG plating on bezels.

Doing platinum is way easier and cheaper actually- it can be plated on steel directly.

Gold requires activation of stainless steel, a strike bath in 18k yellow gold, then you can go ahead with white. It’s a longer and more expensive process.
Aha. Then this may well be rationale then as to why. I read there isn’t a Chinese translation for platinum (but there is white gold ( really don’t believe that but ….) so possible it’s a communication thing plus just easier to use plat … thx @Nikz19

Ah0rsey

Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk

Hi @Nikz19 just thinking laterally then…. If the platinum gives a good WG resemblance for colour and is cheaper and easier than WG plating. Is it better to plat double coat cases, buckles using this method rather than us going WG route on a full Daytona plating for example?