• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: 2019 Seamaster 300 ceramic and titanium

Mrpong

15/9/19
This VSF rep model is based on Asian 2824, isn't it!?
How reliable is Asian 2824? Where can we buy its parts?

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
This VSF rep model is based on Asian 2824, isn't it!?
How reliable is Asian 2824? Where can we buy its parts?

C'mon bud, the 2824 is like THE core automatic movement. ETA (the original Swiss manufacturer) stopped selling them to third parties but there are endless spares and replacements for it from third parties, both swiss and asian clones.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
There's no other way to know, good decision!

Here's another size comparison:

so my SMP 43,5 arrived today and I must say: WOW

this might be the best rep I’ve ever seen from a quality point of view! the bezel is perfectly aligned, the bezel action is 1:1 to the gen, the ceramic looks stunning. I even like the quality of the rubber strap..

going to wear the watch for a bit now. let’s see if it lives up to my expectations and likings

Reactions: Therion666

sub05

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/15
Received mine last monday. Very nice watch, but I decided to take the nato into use on it. Just thought that the rubber narrowed in too moch for a watch of this size. There is a lot to like about this one, though. It has a very nice diall, great ar and is in general a very good build. The nato has a decent quality so I see no imidiate need for replacement there.

kissmark69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/19
how is the lume of this watch, is it the same as 2018 smp with a bit yellowish/greenish?

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
No, nothing helped really, it's already with a new owner :) But thanks anyway, enjoy yours :)

I already knew that when posting, but wanted to share anyway.

I’m currently still in the constantly-wearing phase to make sure it meets my requirements, but am utterly impressed so far

Reactions: Therion666

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
If somebody is tired of his, please send me a pm

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
c9f9d4680f2b1ecd621a0370ca600d53.jpg

the watch has this certain dynamic to it

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
It looks great on your wrist.. I'm having second thoughts now...weak I am.. :D

So far it is a pleasure to wear bc it doesn’t seem as big as its specs might have suggested upfront, mostly due to the light weight and dark/black case color.
I love the dynamic dial and find the black and white stealth look to be kind of an understatement.

not important to me, but a side note: in the few days wearing it, more people have expressed their liking than with any other watch, ever

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I love these seamasters on rubber. I like your SMP with the red writing too, One of my faves. This ones growing on me, keep the pics coming.If only VSF did Rolex reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
some quick thoughts on it:

- the bezel clicks are much improved compared to older VSF builds, very gen like
- the black color scheme of the case sets it apart and makes the watch that more exciting
- the rubber feels solid, while being soft (the gen is softer!). it helps keeping a low profile.
—> in combination with the nullet point before, the watch doesn’t feel bigger than a comparable 41-42mm watch
- I took it to the shower daily, no problems yet (considering the build quality I have trust there never will)
- the dynamic in sunlight is nuts
- the accuracy of the movement is amazing. it keeps time within 1s per day (for 5 days in a row so far)