• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New raids

Foomanstu

Professional watch wearer.
3/2/23
San Antonio, TX
I've been waiting many weeks for a speedmaster and a royal oak 15510 from Chazingtime. I was informed they were at the maker and should be receiving QC photos soon. However, this morning I received an email saying that 3 makers have recently been raided and QC photos will be sent when ops resume.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Eek! That’s bad news. It might mean a delay longer than anyone expects but hopefully not. I guess spring really is raid season.

Reactions: Dave2302

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Ooopsss...not good... let's see which ones...

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Yeah, there where massive raids last week.
This time it was not against the factories, but some wholesalers and numerous smaller dealers are said to be the target of the raids. And this has not yet been finalised.
An equally big problem for us is that the shipping routes are currently experiencing major problems. This could be collateral damage from the big raid on Pandabuy and other shopping agents. At the moment it is probably better to wait until the dust has settled and, above all, to wait a few more days before despatching.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Yeah, there where massive raids last week.
This time it was not against the factories, but some wholesalers and numerous smaller dealers are said to be the target of the raids. And this has not yet been finalised.
An equally big problem for us is that the shipping routes are currently experiencing major problems. This could be collateral damage from the big raid on Pandabuy and other shopping agents. At the moment it is probably better to wait until the dust has settled and, above all, to wait a few more days before despatching.
This time it seems to be a larger one, yes. since they cant get the factorys long term, they seem to go otherwise for their holiday money.
also replica reddit sites where closed for shoes, clothing, jewelery, watches...

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Yeah, time to sit tight and leave the wonga in the bank for a few weeks at least to suss out what transpires (y)
I actually have one, ordered about 4 weeks + ago coming from China, it hadn't hit UK last time I looked about a week + ago, so will go check it now :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
This time it seems to be a larger one, yes. since they cant get the factorys long term, they seem to go otherwise for their holiday money.
also replica reddit sites where closed for shoes, clothing, jewelery, watches...
When I got it right, everything started with an US-Sneaker-Dealer . Nike and a few other large corporations then called in an international law firm that cooperates with a Chinese law firm. Pandabuy, Reddit and Discord were then also involved and everything took its course. It seems to be "the biggest one" in the last years. And it seems, that the Rep-Watch-Business is indeed "just" a bycatch.

Last edited:

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
When I got it right, everything started with an US-Sneaker-Dealer . Nike and a few other large corporations then called in an international law firm that cooperates with a Chinese law firm. Pandabuy, Reddit and Discord were then also involved and everything took its course. It seems to be "the biggest one" in the last years. And it seems, that the Rep-Watch-Business is indeed "just" a bycatch.
Sad to hear. But I guess TDs arent affected as far I can tell.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I'm not so sure about that, aside from a very few TD's that actually do hold stock, many TD's buy when you pay, watch gets to them in 2 - 3 days, then you get QC etc etc ;)

Just talking because this raid is going on for a while, and I was ordering from TDs in the last few weeks which had physically stock AND which have to order from factorys / wholesalers. After the years I feel like I have some clue how it seems to work over there, but have to admint since I am not living in Guangzhou, I dont KNOW how it all works (and dont want to know to perfection either;)).

So maybe its wholeseller stocks. But there ARE some TDs who have direct contact to factory salesmen (and not only claim to) thats why some are able to get spare parts for example and some arent. However, fingers crossed for all that are involved that they dont have a lot of pain in the ass.

Reactions: Nono92 and Dave2302

Reaps

-
25/9/22
This reminds me of that article that caused RepLadies to go private, showing how good fakes got

The last thing you want to do is humiliate a corporation or brand pubicly to a huge mainstream audience.

Replica watches have been around since the beginning of time (funny joke get it?), but I hope we don't have some kind of situation that is similar, even though there are many comparison Youtube videos....

Reactions: Nono92 and Dave2302

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
This reminds me of that article that caused RepLadies to go private, showing how good fakes got

The last thing you want to do is humiliate a corporation or brand pubicly to a huge mainstream audience.

Replica watches have been around since the beginning of time (funny joke get it?), but I hope we don't have some kind of situation that is similar, even though there are many comparison Youtube videos....

That was an interesting article, especially the theory that the legit companies are actually in league with the rep factories so that they can make money on both sides. Makes you wonder.

Reactions: Nono92 and leo6929

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
That was an interesting article, especially the theory that the legit companies are actually in league with the rep factories so that they can make money on both sides. Makes you wonder.
Sounds like 30 years later, the luxury industry finally learnt the term "White Hat".

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I wouldn't say the brands are in league with factories, more like the brand contracts factories to produce their products and those factories arent exactly the most honest

Lets say you are a factory that makes 100000 shirts a day

The brand has strict QC which means 10,000 shirts are not able to be sold, let's say cause the stitching has flaws. Maybe 8000 of these can be sold lower price as outlet pieces at discount. But what about the 2000 remaining?

If you're the factory you will not take the hit on those 2000 pieces right???? So where are they gonna go? Sold at cost to local distributors *cough*.

Additonally another way - let's say you're a factory manager that wants to make a little bit of moolah - you work after hours with a select group of trusted workers to churn out some additional shirts to sell.

But nowadays brands are MUCH more strict about this kind of business and inventory trackinv.

Have some experience in the garment industry in Asia.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
I wouldn't say the brands are in league with factories, more like the brand contracts factories to produce their products and those factories arent exactly the most honest

Lets say you are a factory that makes 100000 shirts a day

The brand has strict QC which means 10,000 shirts are not able to be sold, let's say cause the stitching has flaws. Maybe 8000 of these can be sold lower price as outlet pieces at discount. But what about the 2000 remaining?

If you're the factory you will not take the hit on those 2000 pieces right???? So where are they gonna go? Sold at cost to local distributors *cough*.

Additonally another way - let's say you're a factory manager that wants to make a little bit of moolah - you work after hours with a select group of trusted workers to churn out some additional shirts to sell.

But nowadays brands are MUCH more strict about this kind of business and inventory trackinv.

Have some experience in the garment industry in Asia.
I have a friend who running a factory in China making one of those monogram faux leather printings, he told me the business volume from some unknown factories is as big as from the legit one.