• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New QF 116519LN (real?) meteorite dial Daytona

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
@dogwood - So now you have me thinking: Is there a problem with the serif font with the letter 'R' on the QF bezel? I'm looking at both bezels on Puretime (QF) and TheOneWatches (NOOB) and I can't see any difference between the 2. The QF bezel fonts appear ever so slightly bolder if anything.

What do you think?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
@dogwood - So now you have me thinking: Is there a problem with the serif font with the letter 'R' on the QF bezel? I'm looking at both bezels on Puretime (QF) and TheOneWatches (NOOB) and I can't see any difference between the 2. The QF bezel fonts appear ever so slightly bolder if anything.

What do you think?
Looking at them now… it looks like none of them have the little tail on the bottom of the R on the bezel.

Reactions: mmaggi and oceaon

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
The bezels look very similar on both QF & NOOB. I wonder if the factories source from the same bezel maker.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I've been analyzing the crap out of meteorite dial pictures and let me say that the NOOB meteorite dial is arguably every bit as good as QF, Buff & AMF. If you zoom in on the hour markers, to my eye NOOB matches GEN best. Of course on the wrist no one can tell the difference.

I would add (to a lesser degree) the bezel doesn't appear to be any different than QF and on the wrist I couldn't see anything noticeably different than any other ceramic Daytona (at least to my eyes). Zooming in is a different story.

With all this, I've concluded that there really is no bad decision, no bad meteorite Daytona. Buy what you like and wear it with pride and confidence.

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
i keep wishing this was the older meteorite dial, with the red accents. the one NOOB used to rep

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
One thing I realized is that these "meteorite" dials are very inconsistent. I would imagine you have to be very patient and very picky about QC. Hopefully the TD/seller understands that there are alot of variables.

raremedium

Known Member
6/3/15
The Units per hour font was totally off! This was a bezel used some 6 or 7 years ago.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
I looked at it again. Yes. It's not just the Units Per Hour print. The entire print of the bezel was off. Looks crooked in many spots.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I only own the QF version, but comparing it to pictures of the noob, to my eye the noob has significantly weaker dial printing and the silver rings around the subdials are too fat.
It really depends on QC with these Meteorite dials i guess, but with mine i am very very happy.

Reactions: mmaggi