• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New QF 116519LN (real?) meteorite dial Daytona

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada

would love to know where u can source theese if anyone knows
Generally if you’re after RB or Buff dials you’ll have to find a WeChat seller. I’ve bought several custom reps with buff parts through the WeChat seller HKRwatch. HKRwatch is NOT a TD here (or anywhere that I’m aware of). But he did study English in Canada so unlike many WeChat sellers he’s very easy to communicate with if you don’t speak Chinese. Use all reasonable precautions if you decide to go the WeChat seller route. WeChat is the Wild West, only the paranoid survive. HKRwatch has always treated me fairly, but even so, I would always buy through a TD if I had the choice.

992TurboS

Supporter
Certified
27/8/21
EU
Generally if you’re after RB or Buff dials you’ll have to find a WeChat seller. I’ve bought several custom reps with buff parts through the WeChat seller HKRwatch. HKRwatch is NOT a TD here (or anywhere that I’m aware of). But he did study English in Canada so unlike many WeChat sellers he’s very easy to communicate with if you don’t speak Chinese. Use all reasonable precautions if you decide to go the WeChat seller route. WeChat is the Wild West, only the paranoid survive. HKRwatch has always treated me fairly, but even so, I would always buy through a TD if I had the choice.
Thanks for taking ur time to explain. What i dont understand is the wechat app. Seems u have to be invited by two different ppl or something like that. Or am i wrong? I have reached out to some tds But seems they cant get RB dials only buff. I especially want that RB and the RB John mayer

raremedium

Known Member
6/3/15
Waiting fot QC's for almost 10 days. I was told to wait for further 2-3 weeks...I think they have to mine the meteroite;-)

• Haha
Reactions: mmaggi

raremedium

Known Member
6/3/15
Not yet! Still waiting for new pictures.

BTW: the new noob factory does not sell the dial alone. I think this dial looks pretty spot on!

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
The QF dial is acceptable. I prefer the aftermarket Buff dials. It's not possible to match the gen dial, so most meteorite dials will fall short.

But hey.... it's all about what one's tolerances are. Hope you get a great watch to QC.

Reactions: oceaon

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
The QF dial is acceptable. I prefer the aftermarket Buff dials. It's not possible to match the gen dial, so most meteorite dials will fall short.

But hey.... it's all about what one's tolerances are. Hope you get a great watch to QC.
Hey mmaggi, do you have any links/images to the buff meteorite dials? I would like to see one. I had Nikz get a meteorite dial they make in Italy which is a little darker, but the texture is better. I just wanted to compare as I am planning another meteorite build soon.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Reactions: oceaon