• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Not off, was just trying to show how dial color is different in certain light , and angles ..

Beautiful, but MP background is always subtle on the gen, on this rep it stands out in its vivid aquamarine, and again the gap at 12 is just not there or just too tight on the rep, and then the dial colour, while I don't think it is purple I think it is a dull steel blue, needs to be lighter by a couple of shades for me.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Has anyone else pointed out the spacing in the G in GENEVE? On V2 the G is clearly spaced too far away from the E. Also I agree the 12 o'clock hour markers without a gap is not ideal, but very difficult to see on the wrist if not impossible and also even looking closely with naked eye it won't be seen.

Yes also the GENEVE will be almost unable to be detected under the naked eye but just was not sure anyone else pointed this out already. Most of the pictures we have seen have all covered that area up due to the ideal time or 10:08 to show the dial.

thats_not_funny_guys

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/22
Beautiful, but MP background is always subtle on the gen, on this rep it stands out in its vivid aquamarine, and again the gap at 12 is just not there or just too tight on the rep, and then the dial colour, while I don't think it is purple I think it is a dull steel blue, needs to be lighter by a couple of shades for me.

Dude, this watch is a gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
This is my 2022 5712,

In your pics I can see green hue of the dial. Can you see it IRL, too? I like this kind of dial color better than those without green tint. Although I miss some more blue from the old PPF version what I find a bit too green to my taste.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
https://b23.tv/BV1fa411p7X9

In-hand review of the watch by a Chinese dealer.

For those who do not understand Chinese, what he’s saying is basically that the movement has gen functionality, though it remains to be seen how reliable it is, and it’s not an exact clone aesthetics wise when viewed through the caseback. Also, the watch is slightly thicker than gen, and while the case and bracelet are nicely finished, the first endlinks is still not as flexible as it should be. He also says the dial is pretty bad as we all know, but not to worry because this is just a early model and that there will be revisions before it sees a wide release.

rough translation kindly provided by my friend, my Chinese isn’t nearly good enough to understand the whole video haha.

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
The red colour of the three dots and 'number 1' is totally off. It's not even red, it almost blends with the purple colour of the dial. Surely that's something not hard to get right. On the Gen they pop out as bright glossy red. On the rep it's a dull matte purple-red and flat.

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
https://b23.tv/BV1fa411p7X9

In-hand review of the watch by a Chinese dealer.

For those who do not understand Chinese, what he’s saying is basically that the movement has gen functionality, though it remains to be seen how reliable it is, and it’s not an exact clone aesthetics wise when viewed through the caseback. Also, the watch is slightly thicker than gen, and while the case and bracelet are nicely finished, the first endlinks is still not as flexible as it should be. He also says the dial is pretty bad as we all know, but not to worry because this is just a early model and that there will be revisions before it sees a wide release.

rough translation kindly provided by my friend, my Chinese isn’t nearly good enough to understand the whole video haha.

Yes, I don't understand a word but I got the vibe that's what he was saying lol..... did he mention the difference in thickness? and how long for the "revisions" to come out?

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Yes, I don't understand a word but I got the vibe that's what he was saying lol..... did he mention the difference in thickness? and how long for the "revisions" to come out?

Don’t think he mentioned the exact thickness but it’s not that much from the looks of it. Regarding the official release date, he kinda says “don’t order from me yet, just wait” so I’m thinking at least a month? The China dealers I see on WeChat also aren’t delivering watches that have been reserved yet so I guess all we can do is wait and hope the factory takes into account feedback from the dealers and customers

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Don’t think he mentioned the exact thickness but it’s not that much from the looks of it. Regarding the official release date, he kinda says “don’t order from me yet, just wait” so I’m thinking at least a month? The China dealers I see on WeChat also aren’t delivering watches that have been reserved yet so I guess all we can do is wait and hope the factory takes into account feedback from the dealers and customers

wow, that good to know ..thanks. Any chance of sharing some contacts of WeChat. I know they are the first to come out with the latest updates in the industry so it would be handy if you can share some contacts? Happy to pm you.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
wow, that good to know ..thanks. Any chance of sharing some contacts of WeChat. I know they are the first to come out with the latest updates in the industry so it would be handy if you can share some contacts? Happy to pm you.

Sure bro, drop me a pm. Bear in mind these guys usually deal domestically so may not be very patient with foreign customers, but their posts are a good way to keep up to date with the latest news regardless.